Author Topic: libra holidays  (Read 36252 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: libra holidays
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2007, 04:01:05 PM »
alyvin, i think its a case of beating them at their own game!

Ring them back and tell them you've spoken directly to the owners of where youre staying and that they've told you they are not with Libra next year and so you want to speak to someone about getting a refund asap or you will be taking it further.

Tell them theyve taken your money under false pretences and that money is a deposit for a non existent holiday and therefore is still your money and you want it back!!

Stay on the phone until they put you through to someone, dont let them fob you off, theyre very good at that, be difficult if you have to be then they will put you through to someone just to get you off their line!

Good luck!

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2007, 04:09:34 PM »
I've just done that Smiffy and they've let me cancel now and get a full refund of my deposit.
Eggy the Alexandros were with Libra.
I'm surprised at Libra pulling out of Arillas as when I was at Annas earlier this month Catherine, the Libra rep, was desperately trying to find more accomodation in resort as demand was so high due to the Arillas website.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2007, 04:16:34 PM »
Glad you got it sorted!!

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2007, 08:00:30 PM »
Hi to you all, not been on here for a while.  Anyway, Libra --- they have done it to us again!
With regard to this particular occasion, I managed to get them on the phone and was told that 'the contract lawyers will not be back in the UK for about two weeks, when they will decide on action' (what a way to run things, this sort of thing didn't happen when I was in travel - not that I was aware of, anyway!)  So when I questioned the prospect of waiting around for this 'action' before we could get refunded I was advised that we could cancel now and receive a refund.  (I had in fact researched  the directors in Cyprus, ready for a fight!!)  I do hope it's going to be quick and easy.  I don't fancy waiting around to see what will happen, and  since we were booked in Horizon and Marinos has said they are not using Libra, there isn't much point in  doing that anyway.
They told me they have taken Arillas off sale and I have my doubts as to whether they will reinstate it, which is a terrible shame.
I think this sort of behaviour by tour operators is despicable, dropping accommodation, last minute change of resorts etc. and it really makes me mad.
Like so many, we now have to re-book and in our case find availabilty near to the 'front' with as little walking as possible, and if we go 'independant'  it will, of course,  be more expense. 
Over the years that we have been to Arillas, we have done 'independant' so that's not a problem for us, but there are friends of ours who, apart from the expense, would find that a bit daunting, and therefore might decide to take an easier option to go elswhere on a package.  That would be even more of a shame for Arillas. 
Well, I just thought I would give you this update and hope it helps.
Mavis

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2007, 08:25:57 PM »
I'm still concerned about my holiday next week in Arillas.  :-o

I booked (and paid the full amount) with Libra, to stay in the Alexandros Studios (we hope they've been paid to accommodate us).  ???

If Libra are in difficulties and go BANG whilst we're there, we may well not be covered for the return flight.  :-(

If they go BANG before we depart, we'll most probably lose the full amount paid.  :-(

Either way, we are somewhat concerned.  :-(

Anna (Anna's Studios) has told me, she has availability for next week if we need it.  :-)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2007, 08:44:08 PM »
Hi, If libra were to go belly down while we are there they are A.B.T.A. resisterd so they would have to give us a flight home, may have to stay an extra day but be sure they would get back. I dont like the idea but dont feel that we should get anymore stressed out about it or a week won't be long enough to relax. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2007, 09:15:02 PM »
Hi again vivian.
                       Funnily enough, I got my credit card statement today requesting holiday payment.

I'm not required to pay it, until 2 days after we're due to return from Arillas. Maybe I'll wait?  ;-)

As it happens my credit card company will cover me if it goes "Belly Up"  :-)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2007, 10:32:21 PM »
Hi robinandmave

I found your post very interesting because I had a long drawn out with Kosmar two years ago and you realise that in that situation we ( the customer) do not matter at all.  I am just happy now, that I can still stay at the Horizon next year.

Nancy, from Corfu Escape, even returned a call to me tonight as I wanted to ask her about flights. She was aware of the Libra problem and I guess she will probably have an interest in some of the accommodation that Libra used for bookings. I don't think that Kosmar or Libra would have made an international return call to a customer.

My wife is a bit worried about going independent because she likes the thought of a Rep being available if any problem should arise especially as Katherine, the local Libra Rep ,was such a friendly and helpful lady.

I will be happy now when I received my refund from Libra, and I have booked my flights.

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2007, 11:17:10 PM »
terryw:   I agree, Nancy from Corfu Escape does seem brilliant and their prices are very good, my daughter and her family have just returned from Sidari and all through their booking I was really impressed with the attention they got (just like the old days of travel!!).  In fact I found them the right price, as I was charged with the job of finding them something cheap! but there was an anomaly with the child price quoted on the website, I rang them and within the day Nancy phoned me from Greece to apologise and confirm it was an error but charged us the price quoted online, unfortunately, further on in the booking,(in a property/operator price war) the original property switched to First Choice and our family had to be transferred to something not as good (no pool, bar etc) but a good discount was given and they moved to that and enjoyed their holiday. Nancy was there to meet them and came to see them during the holiday also - very good!!! 
We don't usually bother the reps so we don't mind not having one (we always feel at home in Arillas anyway - having visited at least 15years) and we usually get a taxi from Noula, San Stef Travel, but go back to the airport in the transfer coach, it all works well.
Anyway, I am charged with having to sort ours (again!) now!!!  Just when I thought it was all in the bag.  Don't think we can run to independant this time considering the room rates, although I found a price with XL of £186pp Flt only from Manchester, which I thought was OK. There are still one or two options open but we'll probably have to waste no time, with others in the same situation. 
Mavis

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2007, 09:12:47 AM »
Eggy, we are looking to Bristol,but Sally is not keen on the travelling,its about 150 miles round trip as you proberly know.
I think Libra may have got fed up with us regulars that go to Arillas and then dont buy their trips etc,so they drop the resort,i did hear rumours a few years back that Libra were not over keen on people like us,as they could not make a lot of money from us.
I am very angry with them at the moment,and keeping my fingers crossed over our October break
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2007, 09:34:12 PM »
harold, you have made a valid point.

Quote "Libra were not over keen on people like us,as they could not make a lot of money from us."

It is the same with a number of operators, they make up their money from the "Trips" and "Extras"

We just make use of the flights, transfers, and accommodation.

That's why some companies refuse to let us book with them  ;-)

I sincerely hope you have success with your October break.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2007, 12:07:33 PM »
Libra are selling Exeter to Corfu 2008 flying with Xl air.Xl air in 2008 have no flights from Exeter.I ahve spoken with Libra who tell me the flights are there with Xl,but unable to speak with Xl i was on hold for 12 minutes.I have written to my local paper,my MP for Honiton District and the Exeter Mp as the Airport is in his constituency,hopefully we will get some sence from one of these over this matter.
Joe i see TC are flying from Exeter to Turkey so may get Exeter Corfu sometime with you.
Harold,

Offline thorpe

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2007, 01:30:35 PM »
Harold
www.freedomflights are showing flights for next year from exeter,it is part of xl.com i think,they use xl flight codes

Offline thorpe

« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2007, 01:32:58 PM »
Sorry Harold when you check it changes to Bristol?!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 10:46:18 AM »
Libra still selling Exeter to Corfu in 2008 and still no flights i know what they are going to do with people that book Exeter,transfer them to Bristol at the last minute.
My Mp is taking it up with Exeter Airport,i have received 4 emails from her so far on the subject.Will keep you informed.At least our tickets have arrived for this Octobers trip 3 weeks to go
Harold,

Booking.com