Author Topic: libra holidays  (Read 36251 times)

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Mavis
Re: libra holidays
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 07:15:41 PM »
Just wanted to let everyone know we have had our deposit returned from Libra and hope everyone affected will also.  Glad to say we are now rebooked, at Kaloudis, same date, better flights, not much more expensive and a nice short walk to and from the beach!!
Some of our friends have cancelled and now their plans are uncertain. Again, problems with the cost of independant and needing accommodation close to the front, but I hope they will 'stay with' Arillas, especially as we would like to see them all there again next year! 
Best wishes  Mavis

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2007, 07:27:33 PM »
Robin &  Mave
Got your E-Mail, Glad you're all sorted now.
Kaloudis are certainly reaping the business now Libra have gone from Horizon, If I was Marino @ Horizon I'd be fuming with Libra. But then again. I 'spose he is.
I'm sure when any Hotel/Appt rents privately they have to charge according to the "Greek Tourist Board Room Rate" I could be wrong here but, if correct, he won't get close to package deals. A great pity for a great Hotel.
I'd love to go and have a chat with the guy but it could be seen as interfering.
Negg

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Mavis
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2007, 08:23:48 PM »
Hi Eggy
I couldn't decide if they dropped Libra or Libra dropped them, but I imagine the Horizon will be doing OK if he can fill all his spare rooms at the rate that's being charged and whilst he can't compete with a package deal price and have the guarantee of filling all of the rooms all of the season, he may well be much better off, as we are always being told that operators pay very little for accommodation in Greece.  Horizon have however this year been taking visitors from TUI (Thomsons as was)  we had Danish neighbours when stayed there this year, so if he is staying with them for 2008, he will need to sell only the remainder of the rooms direct.  Anyway, it is hoped it will work out for them, even if we can't afford to stay there.
I note that Anna is also going independent and in that case  it could be that Libra may not be coming into Arillas to Alexandros alone, but perhaps I am wrong and hopefully  I am, since some other friends of ours are booked to go there.
Anyway, glad you are still getting the sun there!! it's miserable here again today and getting quite cool, but at least it's not raining - yet!!
mavis 

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2007, 08:46:54 PM »
Hi Everyone
As Eggy says, Kaloudis are reaping the benefit of Libra's pull out of the Horizon.  We have just booked two weeks at Kaloudis May 2008, but would really have preferred to return to the super Horizon where we stayed (courtesy of Libra) in June this year.  Will also miss Katherine, who was a super rep and a very pleasant lady.
I'd forgotten that the Scandinavian visitors were all with TUI when we were there, and there was a regular visit by the TUI rep.
Regards
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
PJ

Fancy not going back to the Horizon. I have booked there for next year and  I think I will suggest to Marino that he has some beach party nights. See Below

PS Maggie, you may like this as well.

http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/598151

Offline Anna (anna-studios)

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.arillascars.com
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2007, 06:03:19 PM »
PJ

Fancy not going back to the Horizon. I have booked there for next year and  I think I will suggest to Marino that he has some beach party nights. See Below

PS Maggie, you may like this as well.

http://www.jibjab.com/starring_you/receipt/598151

lol :) very good!!!!!!!!!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #51 on: September 24, 2007, 06:36:01 PM »
I actually managed to get my £200.00 deposit back from Libra last Friday.

Offline robinandmave

• Mavis
  • Mavis
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2007, 07:41:50 PM »
Hi terryw,  glad you finally got paid out by libra, it's been a while.  Well, cannot see any mention of Arillas at all on their website and I've checked all season for 2008, so don't know what's happening for next year.  I only know I will not book a holiday with libra again, wherever they go!
Regards  robinandmave

Booking.com