Author Topic: Towels on poolside beds- My rant!  (Read 54566 times)

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: Towels on poolside beds- My rant!
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 06:29:46 PM »
Removing the towels is a good idea but I don't like confrontation and if an argument happened although I would stick up for myself and refuse to move it would stress me a bit- not what I want on holiday.
It used to be blamed on the Germans but it is the English now. I think the Germans were just out of bed earlier instead of lying in bed late with hangovers.
The problem is if everybody else is reserving beds you just have to join in or you lose out.

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 09:23:11 PM »
I appreciate your point smiffy.

As alyvin posted    "I don't like confrontation and if an argument happened although I would stick up for myself and refuse to move it would stress me a bit- not what I want on holiday."

A few months ago I was attacked and injured by a thug, for no reason on my behalf.
I had several visits to hospital and GP as a result.
I'm still not fully recovered, but need a holiday to help get over it.

I care not having such a thing repeated whilst on holiday.

My wife feels she would be less likely to be assaulted re 'the towel situation'.

I'm trying to keep out of hospital.  :-)

Offline harold

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2007, 12:23:20 PM »
James
 if you see A sunbed with a towel on it and its not being used ask the property owners to remove it for you,that way when the towel owners turn up you can always say the owners of the apartments removed the towels as the beds were not being used and that should avoid you getting any flak.Its completely wrong for people to misuse the facilities by reserving beds like this and at the end of the day it is costing Spiro and Jimmy money
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2007, 03:30:06 PM »
Good idea. We chuntered a fair bit to each other about the towels but with hind sight I guess we should have chuntered to jimmy or spiro.

Karen

Offline James W

• Adonis in Arillas ;-)
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 12:01:21 AM »
A fair point Harold.
                            I wondered if smiffy knew the proprietors, and knew they didn't wish to have confrontations themselves.

I appreciate we're not staying there, but as I've stated, we're happy to make payment in kind. e.g. buy some drinks & snacks at the bar. Pay direct if need be.

We'll no doubt check out the situation next week, and hopefully find some sun-loungers and brollies not in use. :-)

Sometimes my wife and I like an occasional alternative to the beach.

Offline sheila

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 10:14:09 PM »
We stayed at the Rainbow in August and we found the same problem with the sunbeds,we are not really ones for the beach but enjoy laying by the pool and having a dip when we get hot.We stayed at the Rainbow last year but didn't have that problem, have booked again for next year just hope it's better.
SHEILA

Offline Karen/Colin

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 07:30:42 PM »
I wonder if anyone else staying since August has noticed this problem. It will be interesting to see if it continues next year.

Karen

Offline Paul C

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »
While staying in Arillas in September we popped to the Rainbow one day for breakfast,I counted 17 "booked" sunbeds and not one person by the pool.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 07:15:04 PM »
Dimitris ( Jimmy ) and Spiros are nice people. One of you regular guests maybe need to get on their website and explain the problem to them. Maybe they will have an exceptable answer or a good solution.
They haven't been in business for 16 years plus by ignoring customer suggestions.
Who's gonna volunteer then ?
Negg

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2007, 10:47:44 AM »
i suppose my wife and i were lucky at the rainbow this year as we went in early july and didnt have this problem,but we go to tenerife every new year and at between 7am and10.30 the gaurd constantly takes towels off empty beds and piles them up in a corner which i think is fair .i think its a globel problem not just a greek one?

Offline Steve & Lou

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 12:07:23 PM »
Try lobbing them in the pool, then sit all smug whilst they try & sus out how to retrieve their towels without getting into the pool!..............not that i have done it before mind!

Offline Oikodomophobia

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2008, 07:05:32 PM »
I just normally gather all of the towels together and put them all on one bed. then juggle the beds about, always good for a laugh

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2008, 07:12:55 PM »
Love your name Oikodomophobia :-) :-):-)

Do you suffer from it...or do you cause it? ;-)

Eileen  (who does not suffer it but is married to someone who might just cause it!)

Offline Chris & Mark's mum

« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 12:16:47 AM »
Way back in 1991 we went to Malta  (The hotel we stayed at was brand new, they had a brilliant dining room....just one problem....they literately forgot to built a kitchen...Ha! Ha!)   Anyway, the poor newly appointed manager was so stressed with all the complaints (er....we have no food to feed you as we don't have a kitchen..) when she saw all the towels on the empty sun beds she chucked the towels in a big pile and hosed them all off.......BRILLIANT!

(The day we left we had no water so we had to get washed in the swimming pool....the flight there was delayed 4 hours and we were in the middle of a massive building site.....)

Wow!  Don't you love going on holidays when they are "accommodation on arrival"

We are the people that my parent's warned me about........

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 04:05:18 AM »
Margaret Meldrew "I DO NOT BELIEEEEVE IT!"

But seriously, I cannot bear the idea of sunbeds, reservations and towels etc at 7am. Just throw the towels in the pool.

Arillas isn't about all that. Go to Benidorm if you want to see it like that (said from experience) but then come and find Arillas

phil

Booking.com