Author Topic: Kaloudis  (Read 7801 times)

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Kaloudis
« on: August 23, 2004, 06:04:22 PM »
Hi All, Its ben 4 long yrs since we were last in Arillas(been there 5 time b4)Done the far east for a few yrs, but want to come back to Corfu!!!!!!
We have always stayed(apart from 2 time) at Kalouidis.
I understand that new apts have been built and we would like to find out if they are either better or on par with Kaloudis, as we are coming over in a few weeks and I need to book accomodation!!!!!!

Would welcome feedback good or bad.

Thanks all :?:

Offline Mr & Mrs Cafes

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Accommodation reviews
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2004, 10:33:43 PM »
Hi, we have been to Arillas many times and usually stay at the Marina.  We really like the accommodation as you can sit on your balcony early evening and watch the world go by.  The rooms are very clean and the staff are great.  The only thing lacking in the hotel room is a fridge.  We have also stayed in the Marina apartments and these too are very good.  This year we stayed at the Kaloudis.  The accommondation was first class, very spacious, clean and great people.  Only thing was we felt a little bit cut off from the centre of Arillas and the people we have come to love.  We have also stayed with Dimitris at Brouklis and if you want to do your own thing, flight, taxi, etc. then you can't beat it.  He was really helpful.  At night we spend time at the Bardis Sun Studios with Poppy & Spiros.  Whilst we have not stayed in the rooms everyone we speak to loves it and comes back year after year.  We have viewed the Bardis Sun Hotel rooms and they are lovely.  Also we have friends that go with Libra and stay at the Horizon and they say these are great, beachfront, fridges, great bar and great people.  I think if we go again after seeing the Horizon and hearing the reports we will give it a go.  Hope this helps.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Kaloudis
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 04:50:38 PM »
Thanks for the info, any more reviews welcome.

Offline JennyD

Kaloudis Village
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 09:25:46 PM »
:D Hi we visited Arilas and stayed at the Kaloudis Village in May and we fellin love with the village. Kaloudis is brilliant and so clean we stayed in the studios but all the new apartments looked lovely and I didn't hear anyone complain. We are going for another week in October and staying at the Marina Hotel this time. Get it booked you willnot be disappointed.
Jenny

Offline smithm

Kaloudis
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2004, 11:55:38 AM »
Hi,

We come to Corfu every year, usually in September.  We arrive this year on 1 September and can't wait!!  We are staying at The Horizon.

The first year we stayed at Irene Villas which was very nice but a bit of a walk into the town.  Whilst in Corfu we had a look round the Horizon and thought it was lovely.  One good thing about the Horizon is that it is air conditioned, something you need when you have two young children like we do!!  My parents come to Corfu every year and they have stayed at the Marina which was nice but pretty basic and no air-conditioning.  I would opt for the Horizon every time.

Have fun

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
Kaloudis
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2004, 04:26:24 PM »
Thanks everyone 8)  we have decided to go back to Kaloudis  for the 4th time, just got to get it booked for mid september, its been good reading about the new places that have opened since our last visit we will check these out once there and may be next yr we will try some where new in Arillas.

We are looking forward to meeting all the nice people in Arillas again as we have been visiting since 1993, its good to see the village grow but I do hope it will not get too busy as thats the beauty of Arillas, its peace and laid back way of life with the golden sand and warm sea, and not forgetting the mud which is great especialy when its all dried and you run in to the sea to wash it off, oh and I need to go up the mountain to buy some of the best olive oil in the world.......

Counting the days

Ang

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Kaloudis
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2004, 10:08:47 PM »
can anybody please help!!!if a family of 5 stay at the Kaloudis and sit outside their apartment would they have a sea view???thanks, cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline ANN

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Kaloudis
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2004, 10:56:28 PM »
Have just return from the Kaloudis so while I can remember the layout.....

The larger appts are in the 3 storey block (B) so there would be a sea view on the upper floors (but probably not at the back).  Also in block 'D' which is nearest the sea. However the view here may be obstructed by the new building that we were all asking about when it appeared on Dimitri's photos earlier this year.
So the answer is maybe!

This waffle is no use to you at all, is it.!!!!!!!

However - We loved the kaoloudis apartments - spotlessly clean, very friendly and lovely rep. We have stayed the twice would recommend it to anyone

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Kaloudis
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2004, 11:00:28 PM »
thanks Ann,cx  :wink:
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Booking.com