Author Topic: Eating out in Arillas  (Read 37951 times)

Offline Holly

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Eating out in Arillas
« on: September 05, 2007, 12:54:46 PM »
Hi
I am new here. We have booked a holiday in Arillas starting 21st September. We booked it on the basis that Arillas has not been spoilt by too much tourism. We love trying out all cuisines and wondered which tavernas/restaurants serve the best Greek food.

Offline kes

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
Re: Eating out in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:08:59 PM »
Hi Holly....Late September is a good time to to go...fewer holiday makers,yet all the Taverna`s are still open..you will find comments on all the Tavern`s on the forum..Arillas has certainly not been spoilt,,,,It is perfect for a relaxing holiday

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 01:10:45 PM »
Hi Holly and welcome to the forum!

Well firstly congratulations on booking what will be a fantastic holiday!

All the restaurants serve Greek food, you wont get a bad meal in Arillas in my opinion, part of the fun of going somewhere new is to sample all or nearly all of the restaurants, they have boards outside with their specials on, see what takes your fancy and whichever one you choose im sure you'll love.

The next night try a different one, then you can find out regarding your own tastes and views, which is your favourite restaurant/s, then post all about it on your return!

My personal favourites are Thalassa, The Captains, Brouklis and Costas on the Beach.

Have a great holiday :-) !

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 02:13:06 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Holly.

Have you been to any other Greek Islands?

Offline Holly

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 02:36:33 PM »
Hi terryw
Yes I have been to Crete, but it was 24 years ago, before it got too spoilt by mass tourism. I loved it.
I would never have thought of going to Corfu because of the negative publicity it had had from places like Benitses and Kavos, but watching Rick Stein changed my mind about the island.

Are the mossies really bad right now?

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 02:44:46 PM »
hi holly have a great time in arillas , and as you will hear all the resteraunts are fab ,make your own mind up and let us know.my fave is brouklis....yammas

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 02:47:30 PM »
Hi Holly, welcome to the forum.   All the restaurants are great and as previous stated all serve tradiotional meals.  You must try them all and then let us know on your return which was your favourite.  Have a great holiday which I know you will.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 04:37:18 PM »
I've used my credit card at Portofino to pay for a meal when the cash was running a bit low.  Funny thing was the phone lines were down so machine wasn't working, got told to call in and pay the next day and this was before we became great friends with Spiro.  As said there is also the ATM machine on the main road

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline eastie

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2008, 12:27:12 PM »
do captains serve english meals as well as greek?

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 12:38:13 PM »
The Captains Has a BBq & Grill in full view inside the Taverna and serve T bone steaks,Giant Pork chops ,lamb chops & fresh fish..you can have chips,boiled potatoes and also a good selection of Vegetables./ Salad etc.... they do a mixed grill for 2 people that is huge!!! also the  full english breakfast is excellent....deff.. one of our favourites..

Eat 2

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »
hi eastie have to echo what kes says regarding english food at the kaptains, we had an excellent sunday roast beef dinner there on the sunday evening, home from home as they say, cheers, chris

Offline eastie

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2008, 03:11:22 PM »
cheers! what sort of price for evening meal and a pint?

Offline jinksy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2008, 06:20:46 PM »
hi, depending on what you have vary from 6euro upwards for meals and 2.50euro for a beer, great red wine there also, yammas, chris

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2008, 06:41:56 PM »
Brouklis serve authentic Corfiot food, absolutely perfect. Grazella do garilc prawns to die for. Kostas on the Beach serve a fish stew that will keep you talking for days. Vavilas (Tomas) do the best fresh fish in Arillas. Portofino do stamna which you can't describe. Thalassa do fried perch that jumps off the plate. They are just some of the lovely food I have eaten in Arillas. The list could go on and on.

All in walking distance, wherever you are. And a bit further out there is Mon Amour, Night Owl, Three Brothers....

No wonder half the forum members are always on a diet. The men just get fat....

lol
Phil

Offline eastie

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2008, 07:32:17 PM »
thanx fior the info! very much luking forward ti staying at marvel , and seeing arrillas but i am old fashioned and only eat english food !

Booking.com