Author Topic: We're back!  (Read 16931 times)

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
We're back!
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:03:51 AM »
We're back from Arillas and sadly back in work too!  :(  I had 120 emails when I got back - pah!

We had a fab time, Arillas was gorgeous, we ate ourselves stupid and I couldn't get Julian out of the sea!!!  We marvelled at how cheap everything was and even came back with 50Euro!  :)  We had an absolutely amazing time.  The weather on the Friday was a bit disappointing - it poured down all morning and we were stuck because we had to check out of the hotel by midday and our coach wasn't collecting us until 21.35.  So we ended up sat in the Coconut and watched two films in a row!  Eggy - was that you looking at the leak in the ceiling in the Coconut last Friday???  I thought it might have been but I was too shy to ask!!!  Hee hee!

Had a great time going to Paxos and Antipaxos - the weather and the sea were gorgeous and I got to see some dolphins at sea which was amazing!  It was a long day but well worth it!

You might have warned me about the roads though - I spent much of the week terrified that a) we were going to fall off a cliff and b) that some lunatic driver was going to mow us down!!!  We were ok though!

Aqualand was a lot of fun but it was a bit rainy that day too - and I got munched to bits by the mozzies!

Hope everyone's had a nice week!  :)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Re: We're back!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »
Glad you had a good holiday. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 11:14:13 AM »
Welcome back, glad you had a lovely time, seems to have gone very fast!  It's horrible coming back to work.  Which was your favourite eating place then?
Cheryl O

Offline smoosh

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 11:15:47 AM »
Oooo definitely either Kostas on the Beach or Thalassa - and to add another lovely aspect - my other half proposed after we'd eaten at Thalassa!   Argh!  Can't believe I forgot to mention that in the original post!  I was engaged in Arillas!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 11:25:39 AM »
I hope you have some good photographs to show us smoosh. Glad you had a great holiday!!

TerryW

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 11:25:50 AM »
Gongratulations on your brilliant news :) I can't think of a more romantic place to get engaged!

Life is good ;)

Offline smoosh

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 11:27:58 AM »
That's what he said, he said the opportunity was just there because the setting was so perfect, but apparently he'd been thinking about it for a while.  We'll definitely be going back - maybe for our honeymoon!  Ha ha!

Photos will be on here as soon as I can - we took 106 of them so probably not all of them though!

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 11:33:47 AM »
Ahh that's lovely!  How romantic!  Congratulations to you both!
Cheryl O

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 12:06:13 PM »
Smoosh so pleased you had a great holiday and many congratulations on your engagement.  Glad also, that Thalassa has finally had something nice said about it.

Offline smoosh

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 12:15:43 PM »
Thanks Sharon!

We thought Thalassa was lovely!  A bit more expensive than everywhere else but well worth it and still cheaper than home for what you got!  I had a gorgeous sofrito!  It was a very very windy night so the plastic sheeting was up all around but we could still see out and it was a bit warmer.  The dog there was lovely too!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 01:06:07 PM »
Did you see the ceiling at Thalassa smoosh?

Offline smoosh

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
We did - I remembered to look after your picture on here!

Offline ouzoandolives

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • nikos and titch
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2007, 01:41:43 PM »
Congratulations on your engagement smoosh, you see, us blokes still have a romantic side to us were not just beer, football, beer, football you know!! Tell all was he properly romantic on one knee or what? And your right thalassa is wonderful food although the horizon just shades it for us.
  Once again congratulations.

Offline smoosh

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »
Thankfully I have found the one man in the world who has absolutely no interest whatsoever in competitive sports!!!!  :)  So I'd better keep hold of him!

Yes it was lovely, whole 9 yards business!

Offline Hels Bels

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2007, 02:30:13 PM »
Smoosh what wonderful news, as well as loving the place for what it is, Arillas will have a place in your heart forever. Congratulations! Keep us updated about your organising, you'll be able to get some hints off Smiffy!

Booking.com