Author Topic: We're back!  (Read 16896 times)

Offline sharonF

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: We're back!
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2007, 01:25:02 PM »
EEG, that's a great pic, reflects what a great time you had.  What a shame you and smoosh missed each other.  Smoosh, agree with Cheryl about your tatts, can't believe anybody tutted at you, silly sods.  xx

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »
Oh it's ok, we're used to it!  It's just that they were all on display which they're usually not when we're here. 

The biggest one is the flowers on my thigh from about hip to knee so it was just because I was wearing shorts that people could see.  I've got one across my lower back which has two doves holding a scroll which says 'Heddwch' which is the Welsh word for peace and I also have another one which is a combination of a heart and a 'V' (my proper name's Vicki!) on the inside of my right ankle which isn't very visible.  Can't hide much in a bikini!!!

I've found that Greek people are a bit less accepting of things like body modifications, but the fact they're so nice and friendly makes up for it!  :)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2007, 02:38:45 PM »
Thanks Cheryll I will have a read!

I haven't got any tattoos, but when through a stage several years ago wanting one but didn't have the guts to have it done (i hate needles with a passion).  I must admit i do look at people with tattoos but its only because i am nosey and curious - i dont mean any offence!! ;)

Offline smoosh

« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2007, 02:48:57 PM »
No - I like it when people look at them - if they're on display they're there to be looked at.  I like to consider myself a little walking art gallery!  :) 

Interested and curious looks are very different to some of the ones we get when we get tutted at and people even make horrible comments to our faces which can be a bit upsetting - and we're not even extremely tattooed.  It's not just abroad though, it happens here too.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2007, 02:50:28 PM »
What small minded people, I have one on my lower back, not brave enough to have anymore!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2007, 02:54:02 PM »
How rude.  I cant believe people would have the cheek to do that.  If everyone was the same the world would be a very boring place......Each to their own.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2007, 02:58:22 PM »
smoosh and EGG, you have just proved that we need to agree on a silly handshake or similar so that we  can recognise fellow forum members when we are in Arillas.

How about a badge that replicates the Arillas Song CD cover, we could all wear it, and if JamesW goes for a lunchtime drink without his shirt on he could have a nipple pierced and put the badge pin though it. 

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2007, 04:11:33 PM »
Ouch! Lets just do the handshake. I actually met JamesW one afternoon in Arillas when we were rolling back to Tropicana and this chap hollered over the road:"Is one of you Heidi by any chance?" We started laughing and said yes and he replied that he thought he recognised me but wanted to check so that he wont make an ass out himself.

So if you think someone is from forum, opening your gob seems to work and is less painful than things through your nipples :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »
Ouch indeed!
Lindypops.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 12:34:28 PM »
Still catching up on all the posts!!

Congratulations smoosh!!!  I couldnt think of a better destination or location to have been proposed to, that was so lovely to read!!

So we're now the 2 engaged people of the forum, how fab!!

Offline pg32

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2007, 12:51:11 PM »
Congratulations Smoosh!!

I have 5 tattoos, one on the side of each calf 2 on right arm and one on left and i dont think i got any funny looks, well i didnt notice any anyway!! It is hard to just go up to someone and ask them if they are off the forum! I saw Eeg one day watching Shrek and i didnt want to disturb her as she looked like she was enjoying it!!

Paul

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »
I also have 2 tattoos, one on my left ankle and one at the top of my right arm, i say let people stare if they want to, as you say you can tell the curious stares from the rude ones anyway, so you know the ones to ignore!

Offline moi2travel

Re: tattoos
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2007, 03:23:29 PM »
HEY COME ON - IF YOUVE GOT IT - FLAUNT IT, BUT COME ON IF YOU HAVE GOT THEM
YOU GOT TO EXPECT PEOPLE TO LOOK !!!

Offline smoosh

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2007, 10:49:18 AM »
Thanks Smiffy!  Did you have a nice time on your hols?? 

It was a great proposal...just after we'd eaten at Thalassa, on the end of the jetty.  I didn't know he had that much romance in him!  I've got to choose my own ring now though which is proving to be a nightmare!  I thought it'd be so easy!  I've decided I don't want the standard diamond solitaire - I'd told him that months before so he didn't risk it and just got me a novelty one from Cschelles!!!  I'm thinking I want aquamarine and diamonds or tanzanite and diamonds...  :)

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2007, 11:17:30 AM »
I know it may not be a man thing to say but its really nice to see people show their true feelings on here about all sorts of subjects.  I think it shows the honesty and sincerity of forum members and sums up what Arillas is all about.

Here are two little images for smiffy and smoosh

Booking.com