Author Topic: We're back!  (Read 16898 times)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
Re: We're back!
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2007, 11:43:14 AM »
Congratulations Smoosh - just a tip when looking for a ring.  Make sure that it lays flat against a wedding ring. When we bought my original engagement ring it was a Ceylon sapphire with diamonds round it and a wedding ring looked awful sitting next to it.  Lucky for me hubby bought me another one a couple of months before we got married!

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2007, 11:49:20 AM »
Oooo thanks Shuey!  I'll have to bear that in mind...I'm not sure what will fit against a wedding ring...I'll have to do another round of every jeweller in Cardiff and Newport and see if they can advise!  :)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2007, 01:10:43 PM »
I loved looking at engagement rings, i just pointed out a few that i liked and then it was up to Brett to pick what one and then do the do.

I didnt think mine would be a romantic proposal either but it was, he lit loads of tealights in the front room and put them all round the room and then called me, i walked down the hallway and there he was in the middle of the floor on bended knee, so lovely!

Wedding ring shopping soon, oh its all so exciting!  Thanx for the piccies Terry!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2007, 01:36:49 PM »
Smoosh - something like three stones in a row.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:02 PM »
We didnt do redo our marriage vows in Arillas but I had a lovely surprise from Mike, he gave me a lovely pair of emerald/diamond earrings for 35 years this year to match last years emerald ring.  He gave them to me with the Arillas Sunset behind, very sweet and romantic, bless him!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline smoosh

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Soon have a nice hols pic rather than work badge 1
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:55 PM »
Arillas must bring out the best in our menfolk!  :)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2007, 05:05:01 PM »
Aah thats lovely Sue, so romantic!!

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2007, 11:31:32 AM »
Smiffs, if I remember rightly you were having a 'strop' at the time because he wouldn't help you with the cleaning - bet you felt dead mean afterwards!!

Sue, you sound to have a truly perfect marriage, no wonder you always seem so happy!

From my own experience, the men in Yorkshire are not even slightly romantic, must be why I'm happy to remain single!

Back on topic - welcome back SharonF - you're very quiet - hope you had another lovely week!
Cheryl O

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
Hahaha Cheryl, yes well remembered haha, i thought id leave that out this time though, didnt want people thinking i was an ungrateful bint!!

Yes welcome back Sharon, hope you had a fab time!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2007, 03:52:19 PM »
Yorkshire men unromantic? maybe untell they get to 50ish but it has to come out sometime. LOL Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com