Author Topic: What else do you miss, eggy?  (Read 7105 times)

Offline sinbads little girl

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Re: What else do you miss, eggy?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2007, 11:15:05 AM »
Hi eggy!

well no offence to anyone who may have a skoda but eggy im sorry to say even my mum has electric windows but the back are still diy ones. they must of skimpt out on giving your car electric windows. hannah

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »
Terry
The best leaflet to have is an NI38 which is called "Social Security Abroad".  This gives lots of information and contact details.  We contacted the pension service who, while I was on the phone, checked that both of our NI contributions were up to date to the year ending April 2007.  When this was confirmed we were told that we would be issued with form E106 which would entitle us to healthcare for 27 months after which we have to reapply.  We have received these forms which are pre-completed which we now have to take to the IKA office in Corfu Town.  I don't think healthcare is free, we have to pay what the Greeks would pay, but I think we or they can then reclaim the costs from the NHS.  Hope this helps - Wendy

Terry
I always leave the really sensible replies to Wegg. She tells it better than me.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2007, 12:13:31 PM »
Oh No - Hannah !
My Red Peugeot 3 door, 1200 cc, with wind up windows,dodgy radiator and a bit of a noisy clutch is now classed as a Skoda.
The back windows are only on clips on this one.
Have a good day - Regards to Simmi.
Negg

Offline sinbads little girl

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2007, 04:11:22 PM »
well eggy its a fabia so made yours is a little better that mi mums. hows the weather to day hope its  better than it is here?simmi says hi,trying to convince him to let us book for next year so i have something to look forward to,ill keep looking and bargain hunting but ill be back think we owe you a drink or two.hannah

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2007, 07:10:48 PM »
S.B.L.G.
Weather today? - Whoa - Next stop "Arillas today" then.
( Skoda/Peugeot/Fiat - Hey! - car's a car - If it gets you there then no problem )
Does a Peugeot 1200 do 90mph? - Yet to find out.
Mental note made of drinks offer - Come back soon - Memory not that good.
Best wishes to all
Negg

Offline eve

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 11:34:36 PM »
Eat your heart out we are sitting here in our van all cosy with a glass in hand as you do! watching England beat Tonga at this moment in time 36 13. Australia next so no holding breath, just a lot of yelling at t.v. screen!!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 12:01:10 AM »
That sounds pretty damm good to me Eve!
Negg

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »
I miss being able to have a good moan or complain in Greek because I haven't learnt enough Greek to do that yet.

The E106 Story
Last week we went to the IKA office, in Corfu Town,  to get our health insurance sorted. We took the E106 papers from England plus copies of Passports, plus copies of Residents permits. We each needed to complete a form but they also needed 2 recent passport photos. Didn't have these so home we went.
Today-Back to Corfu Town with completed forms plus 2 photos each.Well Done-U say Except guy in office says:-
" if you come back tomorrow afternoon we will have your health books ready "
We smile politely and leave - that's what we English do.
Anyway, We love going to Corfu Town twice in one week, don't we??
Negg

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
Never mind Eggy, just think of the ouzo's waiting for you at the Coconut when you get back!

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 11:43:57 PM »
Helen
We've got our health books now, but what the "Hels Bels" we do with them, who knows
Maybe we just record the times we're ill - Like a sort of illness record/diary that we can read/look back on in years to come and say things like:-
" i remember that week when you had cholic - Oh didn't it rain "????
Negg

Booking.com