Author Topic: Seagulls.  (Read 11542 times)

Anonymous

Seagulls.
« on: September 03, 2004, 08:10:42 PM »
Can anyone tell me if the three injured gulls are still living on the beach.The guy that rents out the pedallos has been feeding them but was wondering how they will fare over the winter.Will be back in June but doubt it if they will srill be about.

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Seagulls.
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2004, 03:42:57 PM »
You mean one wing and his two friends :( .We where in Arillas the first two weeks of august and couldnt believe that seagulls could be so loyal :? .The injured bird obviously couldnt fly and couldnt leave the beach :( .He'd sit looking out at sea :( .But his 2 friends wouldnt be far away :D .Around 9 at night a big black dog would go into the sea for a swim and  try and catch fish then he'd try and run after the seagulls but one wings 2 friends would try and distract him.Our daughter Emma who is 15 wanted to bring him home with us :oops: .We'de like to know how hes getting on as well.So for all you animal lovers out there,keep on eye on them and try and let us know how hes getting on :wink: .Thanks,cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Nichola

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
Seagulls.
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2004, 04:35:57 PM »
When we were there (17th to 27th August) we often saw the injured seagull wandering around on the beach and the road and even walking over the bridge to the Mirage seating area!
Seemed quite happy really, not that I know much about sea gulls!

Samantha!

Seagulls.
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 09:42:48 PM »
Yes I saw him as well poor thing! He came and sat next to the pool as well. I saw the other two as well looking out for him.Amazing hey!

Anonymous

Seagulls.
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 09:04:34 PM »
If your in Arillas at the moment let us know how the seagulls are getting on.Thank you

Jen

seagulls
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 12:58:24 PM »
Got back from arillas yesterday, the seagulls are alive and well but only saw two - one injured one and his friend.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Seagulls.
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 02:59:54 PM »
I put the first post on about the seagulls and when we were there in August there were four for the first week which then went down to three. Sorry to think that they are now down to two.Didn't see any at all the year before so can only presume non got injured when leaving the nest. Keep an eye on them anyone that is going over soon.

Offline carol

• Arillas Addict
Seagulls.
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 11:48:41 PM »
Got to ask again :!:  has anybody just returned from Arillas :?: Poor old 1 wing is still there,but now only with with 1 of his friends.Hope their o.k.PLEASE let us know.THANKS  cx :D  :D
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline Wendy

Seagulls.
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2004, 02:47:53 PM »
got home yesterday- still one with injured wing and his friend- still near the pedalo man/ Kostas on the beach area.

Offline Anne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
  • Retired and loving it!
Seagulls.
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2004, 07:47:26 PM »
We were there 10th to the 17th Sept and there were three seaguls.
One with a broken wing, another with a very broken wing and the third with a broken leg.
All three seemed happy enough but then who wouldn't be, living in Arillas :D
We were in Arillas for 2 whole months and going again for 2 weeks :-)

Offline GeKK

Seagulls.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2004, 03:10:57 PM »
We saw them two on 29th Sept, the owner of the supermarket in front of the beachsportstand was feeding them. It was in the evening and was dark, but as I could see they were fine.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Seagulls.
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2004, 08:28:41 PM »
Broken wing and one friend are still in Arillas as of Sunday 3/10/04.Viv will tell you and show you more when she gets back
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Seagulls.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2004, 07:30:44 AM »
Hi. All three seagull's are around and well. I first met them on the Saturday morning about 6am greek time whan nobody else was around. One wing walked up to me as bold as brass, I thought to see if I had any food but it wasn't that, I couldn't believe what happen'd next, just sooooo pleased I had the camera with me and managed to get photo's which Pete will put on in a few day's time. Not going to tell you now as it might spoil it. But take it from me they are all fine and very clever bird's :wink:

Stay Nude it ante rude

Anonymous

Seagulls.
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2004, 12:48:32 PM »
Thanks for that Viv,its nice to know that their ok :D .cant wait to see the photo.glad you enjoyed Arillas,and Arillas Bay.cx

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Seagulls.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2004, 04:23:42 PM »
Hello,
i know the story that viv is keeping quiet at the moment and cannot wait for her pictures to be posted.I look forward to them with excited anticipation.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Booking.com