Author Topic: Arillas Car Hire  (Read 10395 times)

Offline Ivan

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Arillas Car Hire
« on: September 19, 2007, 09:31:21 PM »
I can recomend Theo at Arillas Car Hire for service and honesty. We had a car hired from him and spotted some minor damage half way through the week. I went to the office and told him about it and he said,"But that was there when you got it". I had't seen it and thought it had happened with us. Such service is rare in this day and age,
                                                   Ivan

Offline mazzz

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • i am an angel of the north :-)
Re: Arillas Car Hire
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 09:33:49 PM »
Hi Ivan

might i have seen you in Brouklis with your lap top last week ? 

Maria

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 09:36:23 PM »
Hi Mazzz, 'fraid so,
                   Ivan

Offline mazzz

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
  • i am an angel of the north :-)
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 09:49:32 PM »
ah right it wasnt till afterwards i realised it was u

maria

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 02:18:43 PM »
Never hear of that in the UK Ivan.  I deal with car hire at work and we get ripped off a treat.  We use one ways to the airports.  It is difficult to check a car over late at night or if they are delivered to an employees home address and no one is there to sign for the vehicle. They are always trying to charge us for minor damage-luckily my boss is very persistent and will always argue the case!

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 02:52:35 PM »
I haven't booked a hire car for next year yet so I may give Arillas Car Hire a go. This year I hired through "Holidayautos.co.uk" and had a car supplied by Hertz. My only problem was with the fuel, as they supplied it with a full tank, which I had to pay for up front, and then it was then a case of leaving it with a tank as near to empty as possible.

The car hire companies must make a lot of money from doing this, because it always a job to judge how much fuel you require to get back to the airport. I would much rather have to leave a car with a full tank as it was supplied, as most airports have filling stations close by.

How do Arillas Car Hire deal with fuel usage?

I always take a video of the outside of a hire car when I pick it up as "evidence". I was caught in a scam in Tobago once and a video is a good way to prove what the condition of a car was like at pick up.

I am sure that you get better service from a small local car hire firm than a large multi-national.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 03:19:40 PM »
Whenever we hire cars abroad they always say to bring it back with the same amount in. 

At work they are always delivered full and we always return them full.

Thats a good idea Terry taking a video. i dont think i dare suggest that to our engineers who normally get the cheap Ryanair flights getting into Stansted at nearly midnight! ;)

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 07:35:34 PM »
 Both times we have used Arillas Car Hire it has been a case of "It's 3/4 full, bring it back the same"
                                          Ivan

Booking.com