Author Topic: Holiday prices  (Read 6175 times)

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Holiday prices
« on: September 30, 2007, 03:25:36 PM »
I hope its not rude to ask but would anyone be prepared to say how much they have paid for their holidays to Arillas.
It might help to give an indication as to overall holiday costs for the month visted. length of stay, accomodation visited and who it was booked with.
Would it be less costly to go independent or would this be more expensive.
I would appreciate any information posted. It may help other members aswell.

Thanks

John

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
Re: Holiday prices
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 03:35:23 PM »
Sorry I meant to add the following information.

July 2006   1 Week   Anna studios   First Choice   2 people   £752.00

May 2007   1 Week   Bardis Sun Appts   Corfuescqape   2 people   £378.00

n.b.   Anna studios is no longer with First Chioice     

Offline briant

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 06:31:54 PM »
Hi John,This year going in Sept.for 14 nights it cost us
Flights:Airflights.co.uk  £398.00 ex Belfast.
Appt:560 euros.
Taxis:Corfu Airport/Arillas return.100 euros.
Safety deposit box can average 68 euros 14 days.
n.b.this was for two people,Taxi sharing is a bit of a joke because even with a Merc.two average suitcases plus bits and bobs for two people is just about right,for four adults forget it,as I have,nt seen any taxis with roof racks.Flights for June 08 with same airline are £430.00 Accom.same price .Just hope Taxis dont increase prices as they were 45 euros last year.Hope this is some help,
Rgds,Brian

Offline John B

• Holiday in Heaven
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 06:41:18 PM »
Thanks Brian, getting a better idea now.

John

Offline Mike and Debbie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2007, 09:51:13 PM »
Hi John,

Six of us went for 3 weeks through Manos ,flights accomodation,transfer etc, £3200.
Just a note for anyone booking over the phone with Manos, make sure they know what they are doing. Phoned to book the same holiday for next year only to be told they did not do 3 week holidays anymore, got a quote for 2 weeks, price £3500.
Phoned again 3 days later to find out why they no longer did 3 week hols (expected it was due to Thomas Cook takeover) only to find the girl on the booking line knew how to "shuffle plane seats" so we could get 3 weeks. Guess what, price £3200.

Thanks
Mike & Debbie
[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/Corfu/200807281230_101.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/tips/home/15/Bahamas.html]Bahamas Trip Reports[/link]

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2007, 10:08:31 PM »
Hi John B.  In past years we have always expected to pay approx £600 for the 2 of us travelling for 2 weeks from Manchester.  We have usually found packages, self catering, around that price and not been disappointed.  To be honest when we have gone private by the time we have added flights, taxi, cost of apt., we have not got it any cheaper.  This year we got a real bargain.  We paid £398 total in May and £418 total September.  Both with Corfu Escape at Bardis Sun Studios.  For next May we have paid £478 but the prices are dearer for September and it will cost us £700 if we book for then.  We have priced September with a few other companies and it seems to be the average price.  Hope this helps.  : o )

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:48 AM »
Libra to Alexandros was about £550 may and oct.1 week but 2 was only about £20 more,2008 May with Manos to Arillas Bay £630 for 2 weeks for 2 people
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 01:45:02 PM »
This June/July we paid £538 for two of us at the B.Sun which was brilliant.  The year before was almost the same for the Galini.  Now I think all the prices seem to be a lot higher than that.  I dont think the bargains will be as good for next year.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 02:06:21 PM »
We paid about £350 each to stay at Bardis Sun in August this year, notice that the prices have really increased for next year and is actually more expensive than staying at Makris and Rainbow complex now (from my searches on the web).  I agree Sue I don't think there will be as many bargains for next year.  Makes it tough for people like me on a tight budget - £360 extra for the cost of your holiday makes a huge dent in your spending money!!
Cheryl O

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2007, 04:25:41 PM »
july 2 to 16 2007 manos  1bed apt from gatwick £634 for 2people at jimmy&perrys

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2007, 10:35:23 PM »
We have been coming to Arillas on and off for the past 13yrs I will not list all the prices but heres our last few trips all prices are for us both.
June 2006 approx £750 for 1 week package at  Kaloudis via Thomson and B'ham flight.
Sept 2006 flight £320 birmingham flight,£70 taxi 2 way,£230 approx 1 week Thetis
July 2007 flight approx £250 cardiff flight,£70 taxi 2 way,£230 approx 1 week Thetis
And then I tried to get back for sept.....average flight prices with reasonable time went from £400-£750 and then the extreme of £1000,cardiff bristol birmingham and even east midlands,none could give us what we wanted.
I still maintain that when we can we should book private ,however there are restraints.Ang

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 09:22:20 AM »
We have noticed that it is now cheaper for us to fly from our local airport with Thomson in June than to go from Gatwick with Corfu escapes.That means no 3 1/2 hour car journey either end instead 15 mins to airport.

Offline blutone

• this view done it for me....
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 12:48:15 PM »
just came back from arillas,an we paid 520 for one week s/c, 45 e transfer, thats with thomson an we looked an looked but in the end the package deals are still beating the independants,we tried but im afraid the cost of flights did for us,looks the same for may next year too,

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 03:05:40 PM »
Thats great news Lisa...  15 mins is so much better, you will save so much money, on flights, parking and hotel accommodation.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 09:46:40 AM »
All I need to do is get the time off work and then will book.

Booking.com