Author Topic: Hotel Akti Arilla  (Read 12706 times)

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
Hotel Akti Arilla
« on: October 04, 2007, 07:21:19 PM »

I feel a bit bad that I've not managed to write this sooner as we've been home for over a week and a half & I meant to do this last week!

Christian & I were delighted with the Akti & the care & attention that we received during our stay.
Like many others before me, I was slightly anxious about the continuing debate re: Coconut/Malibu & noise levels, but being fairly laid-back & more into the fact that we were returning to our beloved Corfu, we decided to play it by ear - no pun intended!

When we arrived, we were placed in a room that overlooked the two bars & it did grate - not massively, but a bit more than we were comfortable with, although this could have been the choice of the particular tunes - Easy Lover by Phil Collins more than once in 24 hours isn't really my cup of tea - but each to their own!

However, I don't really want to focus on this as part of my review, because i don't wish it to take away from the warmth & hospitality that we received from Stamatis & the rest of the family.
On day two, Christian mentioned the music to see if there were other options we could explore & much to our surprise Kostas moved us to a gorgeous family room at the back with a brreathtaking view of the sea. It more than exceeded our expectations & I should also add that we had maid service every day with fresh towels & nothing was too much.

We ate in the restaurant twice & on both occasions had some serious greek fare. The cooking was managed by Mrs Lefkimmiatis & please, please, although you're spoilt for choice in Arillas, do check it out - it was comparable to being invited to a Greek family home & dining with them - our top choices were the Meze, the veal & the lamb - although a special mention should go to the Saganaki!

We've always gone down the apartment route, but with a hearty - but plain continental breakfast thrown in, we plan to return next May & guess where we'll be going!

I would like to thank the family for such a memorable stay. Like many others before me - & many more to come, we've fallen totally in love with Arillas & are already planning our next trip.

I would recommend the Akti to anyone & the other guests who were staying there the week of September 17th certainly seemed to share our opinion.

Keep up the great work guys & look forward to doing it all again next May!!

Becky B.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Hotel Akti Arilla
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 11:27:45 AM »
Sounds lovely Becky will eat there next time I'm lucky enough to go back!
Cheryl O

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 11:50:37 AM »

Good for you Cheryl! I really would recommend it as an alternative. We all know how many terrific places  there are in Arillas to eat out, I just thought it was worth mentioning another one.

Which tavernas do you like?

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 11:59:36 AM »
Thanks for your report, and glad that you enjoyed Arillas and the Akti.  I always remember when a few years back, we were staying at the Bakery and suddenly got caught in a downpour just as we set off bak.  A very kind lady rushed out with an umberella for us and just asked us to return it whenever.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 12:18:45 PM »
Becky, we like to go to Kostas, Portofino, Brouklis and also really love the food at the Rainbow.  Have hardly ever had a bad meal anywhere to be honest, you really are spoilt for choice.  I think that when it's really warm we like to eat 'outside' which is probably why we've never been to the Akti but the Greek night sounds really good.  Hopefully, will get a chance to sample July/August next year!
Cheryl O

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »
We did say we would try it in September and didnt get round to it but we will eat there in May. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Steve & Lou

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 01:31:03 PM »
That's a great & positive review as i am looking to book my sister there next year.. hopefully!

Offline PaulnMaria

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 10:26:17 PM »
BeckyB, we couldn't have put it better ourselves. We stayed at the Akti two years ago and had a very nice time. This year we went to the Greek night there and had a great laugh. We also ate there another night, and it was delicious.
In a similar vein, another (in our opinion) underused eaterie is the Hotel Marvel.

Offline Jennifer Ferguson

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 10:35:05 PM »
Have to agree re The Marvel.Stayed there on our last two visits and the food has always been lovely.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 12:37:29 AM »
Have to say, we always have a few meals at The Marvel. Always enjoyed it there. The food and company there, is always second to none.
Lindypops.

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 11:25:09 AM »

Well there you go! That's why the forum is such good fun. By sharing your experiences & making suggestions - it's hard not to feel spoilt for choice!
The Marvel eh? Well that's going to be on our list next May to try for food.
Keep em coming!

Offline Steve & Lou

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 06:13:44 PM »
Mirage does good food especially the stifado "omorfos" or "ena lukulio yevma" a meal fit for a king! but as everyone say's on the forum, spoilt for choice in Arillas.

Booking.com