Author Topic: Corfu Airport  (Read 8309 times)

Offline briant

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
Corfu Airport
« on: October 07, 2007, 07:02:57 PM »
Anybody else notice the improvement in checking in ,since they have moved the Baggage Scanner to the left of Check In desks?We left Arillas by Taxi at 9.30 am.arrived Airport 10.15.Bags checked in at 10.45.At 11.10 Duty Free bought and sitting on plane at 11.45 waiting take off. Brilliant.
Can remember the old days 25+ years ago when it was an experience getting your luggage on landing.In the old building there wasonly one very temperamental carousel which coughed up ,if you were lucky,maybe 30 bags then stopped.In those days people were a lot more tolerant and we would greet each restart of the carousel with a resounding cheer.

Offline Ang

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Corfu Airport
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2007, 08:14:58 PM »
Briant, our last 3 visits have been very much the same as you remember 25+ yrs ago,maybe we have had the benifit or another carousel but the bags still seem to get as you say coughed up..but hey this is corfu and all part of the holiday.
Ang

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2007, 08:24:32 PM »
It wouldn't be the same if Corfu airport wasn't organised chaos ! It was "plane" sailing for us last year as our flight left from domestic departures and we were the only flight in there. This year was pretty straightforward we got checked in straight away but there were lots of people milling around not knowing what to do or where o go !

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2007, 02:50:05 PM »
I hate Corfu airport on the return journey BUT I Have to admit it was fine last Monday.  Not sure if this was because our flight was at night or not but it was very painless for a change.

Jill
Jill XXX

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 03:01:38 PM »
We came home on the BA Gatwick flight last night and it was SO quiet at Corfu airport. Not sure if it was that flight, or just that it's much quieter now. That's the first time we've flown BA and I have so say we were very impressed. Good meal and free drinks too!
Sandy x

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 04:56:29 PM »
We had about a 10 minute wait outside then straight in less than 5 minutes a checkin then the luggage scan took another 2 minutes.Another 10 minutes through customs,Sally had just enough time to go around the duty free then we were boarding.Biggest hold up was at Exeter trying to get back in the Uk,all passports had to be scanned which meant long queues and you had to remove the passport from its holder.Some people were being questioned as well,important things like what was your reason for going to Corfu that sort of stuff.then pasted the Armed guards,(just in case we brought back to much Ouzo) and we were in took about 30 minutes to get to the luggage hall.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 05:08:04 PM »
Some people were being questioned ,important things like what was your reason for going to Corfu .then pasted the Armed guards,

Harold
"Pasted" the armed guards? - I didn't know you were that agressive.
Did they arrest you?
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 05:10:32 PM »
Hehe Eggy Im not the only one. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 05:17:01 PM »
Lol i went to the Vivian school of spelling it should have been Passed
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2007, 06:10:37 PM »
It could have been a lot worse Harold.
Stay well both
Negg

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 08:37:18 PM »
when I first glanced at it I thought it WAS a lot worse. lol Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 12:41:29 PM »
Negg your reply to Harold's post, pasted the guards, love it, that has me giggling for the day xx

Booking.com