Author Topic: People breaking beach rules!  (Read 8254 times)

Anonymous

People breaking beach rules!
« on: September 17, 2004, 01:27:32 PM »
Ive been back a week and I really should have reported this sooner.

Last week when in Arillas on the beach away from the sunbeds, I noticed a skinny guy, cropped/shaven hair, usually wears a beige cap, wears black/red or stripey shorts and carries a blue carrier bag has been harrassing ladies on their own on the beach, by doing things which would make him BLIND!  :wink:  

Im no prude, but there is a time and place, and this guy was intent on seeking out women who sunbathed on their own - he even moved 3 times so he could be in my eyesight.  In the finish, I had to run off into the sea and ensure I was nearby other people.  :evil:

Just another word of warning too, there are also 2 other men of Greek origin, who also seek out women on their own.  One has glasses, says he is holidaying in San Stefanos and lives in Corfu town.  The other carries a mobile phone which he pretends he is talking on and sits near you (trying to get your attention).  You will know him, he smells pretty gross.  

They are pretty harmless, just sad pests and I have told both to 'go away' pleasantly, but to women travellers, be warned-be careful and be on the lookout!  

Aly

Offline Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 11:37:30 PM »
I too have had experience of the man with the "blue bag" on two occassions once in May and again in Setember 03, i told him in no uncertian terms to "go away" and i'm pleased to say he did, but as i will be in Arillas on 24/09/04 (four days and counting) and have been made aware this, as you say "sad pest" is still around, needless to say i will not be catching my rays on the beach.
Thanks for the info Aly 4 warned is 4 armed.

Yvonne
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 11:44:09 PM »
I must admit my daughter was approached while we were in Arillas this year and last, :evil: he wasnt greek german or british.He might be innocent but he was a man and my daughter is only 15. :!:  :!:  cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 01:31:29 PM »
Hi, Don't want to put a blight on anybody's holiday, but feel us girl's must make a stand against this sad pest, and if he actully approches or even just makes you feel uncomftable it should be reported to the police. WHY should you let him stop you going on the beach after all that's what most of us go for, isn't it? Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 02:27:47 PM »
Hello everyone,
i agree with what viv says,report this idiot.Sally and i will be home from 27/09/04 for our second week and if i see this bloke he will feel the sharp end of my tongue,everyone has the right to be left in peace and to relax.I am surprised that some of the local people have not warned this person off.See you all soon.
If Dimitri reads this get those beans cooking for Monday.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Aly

• Arillas Addict
Pests
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 07:50:08 PM »
Im pleased that people are coming forward about this , and I hope there will be more too.  This way, together, we can surely do something about this.  I wouldnt stand for it in any other country and I dont see why I should we put up with it in a beautiful place like Arillas.  It wont prevent me from going again, but I will certainly be well prepared next year.  I have a photo which I took on my hols, I may design an 'UNWANTED' poster  :lol:  :lol:  to humiliate them :twisted:

I do hope other nationalities will come forward too as they also use the beach and I have witnessed them too getting approached.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-Pests
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2004, 11:03:14 AM »
Hi Aly,

Despite being over quite a few times this year I've never seen these unsavoury men and the girls were on the beach everyday and never saw them either, but as you say they only seem to target lone women.

I agree that they should not get away with it and should be reported, like Harold I would have to say something to them loud enough for everybody in the vicinity to hear, but then again I don't think anything would embarrass that sort of person.

It's a timely warning (considering the recent event in Roda) that unfortunately no matter where you travel these days you cannot let your guard down and that you have to have your wits about you.

Eileen

Booking.com