Author Topic: GB Airways Ltd.  (Read 7029 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
GB Airways Ltd.
« on: October 25, 2007, 11:00:41 AM »
This may be of interest everyone who has booked the Gatwick-Corfu route with G.B airways.  Hopefully the only changes to the route will be good ones.

" easyJet PLC agrees to aquire GB Airways Limited

easyJet PLC ("easyJet") announced today that it has agreed to acquire the entire issued share capital of GB Airways Ltd ("GB Airways"), excluding its slots at Heathrow Airport, from the Bland Group Limited, for a cash consideration of £103.5 million.

GB Airways is primarily a London Gatwick based point-to-point airline operating to destinations across Southern Europe and North Africa under a franchise agreement with British Airways PLC ("British Airways"). easyJet will co-operate with British Airways to ensure a smooth and orderly transition for customers. To this end GB Airways will continue to operate all routes under the British Airways brand until March 29 2008 after which flights will operate under the easyJet brand.

Andy Harrison, Chief Executive of easyJet:
"This is an acquisition which both strengthens our customer offering at London Gatwick, our biggest base with an attractive catchment area, and allows us to fully capitalise on the potential of the airport through a larger number of slots. The deal will bring major benefits to both easyJet and GB Airways customers, delivering a wider choice of destinations at easyJet’s great prices, and creating clear value for our shareholders."

Kevin Hatton, Chief Executive of GB Airways:
"We are pleased that the business and customer base built up by GB Airways will now be secured and strengthened under the ownership of the UK's largest airline by passenger numbers, and one of the industry's most powerful brands."

The acquisition is set to strengthen our customer offering tremendously. GB Airways currently serve 31 destinations and operate 15 Airbus aircraft (9 A320s and 6 A321s) with an average age of 4.1 years, which are complementary to the easyJet fleet of 107 A319s. In total it operates 39 routes - 28 from Gatwick, 6 from Manchester, and 5 from Heathrow. The airline will be fully consolidated into the easyJet business model by Winter 2008/09.

For further information, please visit our website.
A financial presentation can be viewed in the Investor Relations section of easyJet.com"

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
Re: GB Airways Ltd.
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
what a fab write up well done eileen..

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 11:44:19 AM »
Anyone who has booked with GB may also want to read this...

Policies for customers booked on GB Airways flights

Offline BBB

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 12:38:46 PM »
Thanks Eileen. Interesting!

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 03:01:30 PM »
Wonder how this will affect the future of the Gatwick - Corfu flight.  I remember Joe wrote an interesting post a while back about how it wouldn't be cost effective for low cost airlines to fly to Corfu.

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 05:01:43 PM »
I have never flown with easy jet, but i have flown with GB this year and the leg room is so much better than on other airlines such as Thomson. My husband is quite tall and has found legroom a real problem in the past. Has anyone flown the Easy jet what is it like?
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline jenna

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
  • Me And Chris
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 06:21:46 PM »
I've used Easyjet quite a lot on domestic and international flights and would have to say their service has always been excellent.  Legroom on their flights are pretty much the same as most economy class flights and would be fairly similar to the likes of Thomson.  I'm about average height and never had any problems but it might get a bit cramped for taller people though.  Can't really see Easyjet keeping the Corfu route going for too much longer though.

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 07:06:46 PM »
That's what i thought . We dont fly with Thomson as this is such a problem for him. I think that maybe you may be right in thinking that they may cancell this route, but i hope not, as it would hopefuly make it more afordable to more people, as sometimes the flights can get a bit pricey.
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline Glenny

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2007, 02:51:43 PM »
I really hope easyjet don't cancel flights on this route, we've just booked flights for 4 people for next June with GB and I will be most upset if I have to start all over again, especially as  another 2 friends have also booked and accommodation is all sorted as well.
I have read that easyjet wanted more slots at Gatwick and I wonder if now they'll use these slots for more profitable routes.
I've received an e-mail from BA to say that once the sale has gone through (approx 8 weeks time) then they will contact us with more details.   

Online vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 11:28:30 AM »
From March 30 easyJet plans to fly the published BA/GB Airways 2008 summer schedule under the easyJet brand.
On completion of the purchase of GB Airways by easyJet, customers who hold a BA/GB booking involving any travel from 30 March 2008 to the destinations below will travel on an easyJet flight. Alternatively they can claim a refund. Further details will be provided by easyJet once the purchase is finalised.
Fez Marrakech >  Tunis Sharm el Sheikh Hurghada
Rhodes Corfu >  Paphos Mykonos Heraklion
Montpellier Nantes >  Bastia Ajaccio Dalaman
Palma Ibiza >  Menorca Malaga Alicante
Tenerife Las Palmas >  Arrecife Faro Funchal
Malta Innsbruck >  Salzburg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com