Author Topic: favorite things to do in Arillas  (Read 18535 times)

Offline gaye

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: favorite things to do in Arillas
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2007, 09:49:43 PM »
I have a confession! Been coming to Arillas for 5 years but never  drunk (or been drunk) in The Coconut Bar!
Will rectify this next year!
What are our favourite things? hmmm Staying at Ina's and waking up to the sound of the sea, espressos and lots of ouzos til the wee small hours at Horizon, seeing Dimitris again, eating lots of lovely food and being spoilt for choice! But, and most special of all, mixing with all of the great and hospitable people of Arillas!
gaygo

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2007, 10:18:06 PM »
A leading question now Gaye,

What will you rectify, drinking in the Coconut bar, or getting drunk in the Coconut bar?

TerryW

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2007, 11:24:16 PM »
LOL Terry....BOTH!
gaygo

riggers

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »
Getting drunk, disgraceful, why do people get in these states. i'm glad it's not only me then...riggers....

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2007, 09:25:05 AM »
gaye you go for it girl ,and does it matter no ,as long as you enjoy yourself...yammas

Offline keefy

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2007, 05:07:54 PM »
TO ALL  My favourite thing i have done  whilst in Arillas was to sit in the Horizon Bar eating Gigantes (lovely big beans) and over the road were some painter's who were painting the lamp posts black.So you see i have sat in a fantastic bar eating fabulous
food drinking a cool cool beer and WATCHING PAINT DRY

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2007, 05:13:58 PM »
Keefy
And here was I thinking you didn't have a sense of humour!
( Only joking - It's good to see and read any of your posts )

Gaye
Beleive it or not but I do wish the Coconut would turn their music down a bit in the afternoon. Even the afternoon films are blasted out at a "burst ear drum"  rate".
I can't hear myself talking hind legs off donkeys sometimes.

Negg

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 01:14:24 PM »
Calling TerryW
Hi Terry
Posted on this thread on 31st October a question about Kefalonia - think you must have missed it - a reply would be much appreciated.
Also do you have any theories about why I've stopped getting emails about replies to my posts?  Have got the right ticks in the notifications section and they are not in my junk file.  They stopped coming about 10 days ago.  I know that if you don't look at the replies you stop getting notification, but I do look at them regularly.
By the way, my favourite thing is still lying on the beach in the sunshine and taking the occasional dip in the briny ocean.
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 04:21:17 PM »
Hi, Mine have stoped as well so it may be just a change to the board. I wonder if we could have a spell checker instead. lol Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 04:39:33 PM »
Dimitris has put a note under the website and technical board, he says there have been a few little problems that he has to sort out, so rest assured PJ it will be sorted soon!

Offline Ruth Potts

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 08:04:16 PM »
My favourite thing to do, is to climb to the top of the headland early in the morning (well 9.30ish) and enjoy the views - breathtaking!

riggers

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 10:17:11 PM »
Going up the hill (donkey track) is one of my favourite things. great views and helps clear your night before tipple, and meal....riggers..

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 05:45:23 PM »
Right now my favourite thing to do is to get up in the morning and spend an hour making a mental note of the jobs I need to do, Then I add them on to the jobs that I needed to do yesterday. The jobs I needed to do yesterday will be scheduled in as possibilites to the jobs I need to do tomorrow. Tomorrows jobs will have to take their turn in such a hectic way of life.

Next weeks jobs should be pencilled in as slightly urgent for December which will put Decembers jobs on hold.

Hmmmm !! - Don't you just love the Greek way of life?

Favourite thing in Arillas at the mo is the feel of the place. It just oozes tranquility !!

Negg

riggers

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 06:00:05 PM »
Eggy slow down, take it easy there's always another day....riggers..

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 06:34:25 PM »
Very true John ( Riggers )
However, tomorrow has been moved to run alongside Wednesday when, on this day, Mondays work should be caught up on. Wednesday may now happen Friday providing tomorrow has been re-re-scheduled.

An example for you. The guy who was coming to tweak the TV and Sat Aerials should have been here 10 days ago. He had a reminder at the " Last Night Coconut Bash" last Saturday and was going to here mid week,this week. I rang hom today just to remind him that my extension ladder was still against the side wall and was now growing moss.
He will be here on Monday afternoon about 4 pm.

Is this a problem ?- nope
Has my blood pressure increased ?- nope
Will he be here on Monday ? - Watch this space.

Oh! - And we're still waiting for the heating engineer who was coming, a week ago, to fit a programmable timer. - "Will be done before the winter" - He says.
Is this also urgent and causing stress? - Nope
Do I care? - Nahhhhh.

A relaxed way of life here. May need a few tweaks now and again.
But not major changes.
Cheers
Negg

Booking.com