Author Topic: Web site  (Read 15407 times)

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
web site
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2004, 12:14:30 AM »
i am following this topic with interest. I love talking about Arilas and my holiday and about the people i have met. i would willingly use the chat rooms if there was someone to talk to. so if any one wants to talk give me a shout alex

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Web site
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2004, 09:53:13 AM »
Hi Alex
Could chat about Arillas all day but as yet there has never been anyone else on line in the chat room.Also if there was i would need my daughter with me to show me what to do.Will give it ago this afternoon if anyone is about.

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
web site
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2004, 10:33:15 AM »
hi lisa will go into chat rooms about 4 hope to catch you in there and any one else that would like to come in alex

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
Web site
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2004, 10:41:32 AM »
Hi just been into the chat room and registered.Off to work now so will try to remember to check about four.Speak to you later.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Web site
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2004, 04:34:34 PM »
I see nothing wrong with friendly chatter,i think that this is what this site is about,being friendly AND informative.I have tried the chat room quiet a few times and have only ever seen people in there on 2 occasions.Never be put off by banter if you need to ask something then go ahead and ask there are enough of ou on here to hopefully help.I think it is only natural that when you do read items from other people then you do want to chat,but be aware that other people may not like your views.Am i babbling?
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Anonymous

Web site
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2004, 06:06:18 PM »
Well put,Harold, I was thinking the same thing but can't babble as well as you. After all we are all getting the chat from the people that have been to, or are intrested in going to Arillas, and it's a lovely friendly place. I better stop going on now other wise somebody is bound to make a comment. Love Viv :oops:

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Web site
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2004, 06:21:05 PM »
:lol: Well babbled Harold and Viv!!!  I don't think my typing is fast enough for a chat room, plus you can't just stick a post on and then go back when you have time. Now I'm babbling
                             Ivan

Anonymous

Web site
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2004, 07:33:30 PM »
Another way of looking at the "babble" as you so put it is, that the one liners of personal conversation (that only the few present at the time will relate to) is a way of "dopein" to boost the medels that can be gained, they should be earnt through informative posts not "babble".............

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Web site
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2004, 09:44:35 PM »
:lol: I hope no-one one this site is so sad. This is the way any other forum I have been on works and I think it is ,as I have said before, it's just fine. Everyone is of course entitled to their own opinion,
                                     Ivan

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Web site
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2004, 11:59:28 AM »
Hi Guest and everybody else, I reckon it's about time we had your name. You never know you might even enjoy joining in. I think it's very rude of you to insinuate that we are only here for the medal's, let's face it, if you look back over the web, you will see that we all chatted to each other (as you call it) before Dimitris decided to do the medal thing, And seeing that you have so much to say, you could soon have one of your own, if you were not nameless. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Web site
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2004, 12:23:43 PM »
:lol: Go Viv!!! you tell 'em girl!!!
                   On a more serious note I did go to the chat room yesterday and had a chat with Alex and Carol This was my first experiance of a chat room (yes I know i'm a dinosaur) and I found it very different from using the forum.
                  Ivan

eggy2

chat room - web site
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2004, 01:06:06 PM »
Hello to all. I have read, with great interest, all the replies to "Guests" comments about the use of the web site. With no wish to upset anyone this will be my one and only input into the discussion.
In July of this year  friends of mine, staying at Sidari, made a day trip to Arillas. On my recommendation they went to Brouklis, met Dimitris, had a good meal and a great time. They loved the beach, the place and Dimitris told them all about the site. So they had a look when they came home to England. Their first impressions were good and they accessed it every day, however now they rarely look at it. In their opinion a lot of the postings are personal chats.
We are regular visitors to Arillas but still like to check on the website for new things going on in the village But now any new user wanting to see what Arillas has got to offer will probably give up due to the personal conversations going on. No new users may mean no new faces in Arillas and then no new input.
This morning I was pleased to see all the information on the local walks - great stuff - then, I find various quotes. While all quotes are relevant to the users that send them what has General Schwartzkopf got to do with Arillas?
I am sure that Dimitris will find a solution to this but, in the meantime, perhaps a posting under the heading of "Private Chat" could be maintained for all of those users that want to chat amongst themselves leaving the postings about Arillas available to those searching for information.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
Web site
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2004, 01:13:57 PM »
I have been reading the web site with interest,and some of the comments i find quiet interesting.I think if people have got something to say then say it,it does not matter to me whether they come on as guests or are named.As for one liners then if thats all it takes to say something then do it,I have.I agree with Ivan i don't think people are that sad to come on here just to increase their postings to get a different coloured medal.the only concern i would have would be silly postings that clog up the site,but then who am i to say that someones post is silly it might be important to them.LETS NOT FALL OUT over these things.I think when people have been to Arillas they come on here and do want to post about their experiances.Eggy's got a good point about a section on personal chat.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
Web site
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2004, 02:25:52 PM »
As far as I can see what often happens on this and other forums is that a a subject starts and by the (say) end of page one has drifted to a completely different one. I take your point Eggy about searching for Arillas info. and finding that the subjects have drifted. I think that what has happened is that as more people have met up in Arillas and become friendly then they have more to chat about besides just Arillas. your suggestion of another heading, possibly for members chat is a good one.
 What does Dimitris think?
                             Regards
                                         Ivan

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
Web site
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2004, 02:29:05 PM »
I drop in to this forum now & again also to keep a eye on little sis that's she's up to no mischeif  :D  :D .

Chat rooms imo are not really a good add on to a forum because it could take a lot of info away from the forum. A lot of people are not comfortable with chat rooms as they may like to ponder a bit before replying to a post (which they can do on the forum) or perhaps their typing skills are not as fast as others which then makes a chat room boring while you wait for the reply being typed.

I used to run a forum and I think what's missing here or could be created here is another area for "General Chat" or similar wording of your choice not neccessarily about Arrillas.
If you look at the index page there are only 3 forums:
Arillas
Welcome to our New forum, Please feel free to give or receive feedback about Arillas.

Accommodation reviews
In this new forum you can add your accomodation review or query. The comments and messages posted on the forum are not the responsibility or the opinion of the administration of this website. Messages and reports can only be added to the site by a valid member who has joined the website giving a valid email address.

The beach
Everything about the beach of Arillas
Moderator wish

Each one clear on which sort of info a user can look for. I feel at least one other forum could be created for chit chat about this that and the next thing and not only about holidays in Arrillas, that way someone can either just get the info they want and leave or hopefully post at least a thanks. Then no-one can be accused of posting off topic.

However as I don't post a lot here although I pop in quite often to see whats new I think it's up to you regular guys to ask Dimitris if another forum is possible, though it only takes a few minutes of his time to set it up.

Lastly I think this is about the only forum I have seen that allows guest visitors to post messages, it could be open to all sorts of abusive posts being made anonomously.

Booking.com