Author Topic: Where's this then?  (Read 76715 times)

Offline Mango

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
Re: Where's this then?
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2007, 05:40:57 PM »
TerryW

Pink elephants, magic mushrooms, flashing dots, whatever next!!! ha ha

Mango

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2007, 06:07:27 PM »
its not spinalonga the leper island is it?  they were buried on there and have graves
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2007, 07:00:44 PM »
No Blondegirl - it's definitely Corfu. It was several years ago and I was with a group of friends and we had hired a minibus for a few days to tour the island. As I wasn't driving I didn't take much notice of where we were going.
As I recall, it was a tourist attraction with a car park and I seem to remember sitting in a taverna overlooking the sea. As well as the graves, there were the old ruins of a fort I think, or was it a monastery? I wanted to go back again this summer but had no idea where it was. Can anyone help? Maybe Dimitris knows?
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »
Hi Sandy, I reconished it straight away but cant remember for the life of me what it was called. I did however find it on the web so will look again tomorrow. Love Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2007, 09:08:06 PM »
Wonderful Viv. I was sure I couldn't be the only person who has been there...also not the only person to forget the name...lol...look forward to hearing the result of your search.
Sandy x

riggers

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2007, 09:57:09 PM »
You do look peaceful Sandy. I hope your'e not claiming that grave....riggers....

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2007, 10:13:43 PM »
Here you go Sandy, I knew i had sen it before.
Around the corner from Krini, the fabulous 13th century castle of Angelokastro perched on a tower of limestone and overlooking the bays of Paleokastritsa. Accessed by a stone, stepped path, recently renovated, the battlemented summit rock platform has a small church and fabulous views down to the sea 1000ft below. Carved into the rock are some graves, now empty except for rainwater. On his previous visit with a group, one of us  had discovered that one of the graves was twice as bit as them- indicating that someone remarkably tall for mediaeval times had once been buried there.

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2007, 10:31:25 PM »
Is this it from another view

flooded stone grave, Angelokastro

I hope you don't think this is awful Sandy, but you have really nice legs.

TerryW

riggers

« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2007, 10:40:06 PM »
There isn't 20,000 cockroaches in there neither. Did you see it on celebrity get me out of here.......riggers....

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2007, 01:04:46 AM »
Viv - you're a star. Yes - that is the place excatly as you describe it....and the prize is....one slab of cheddar cheese and a jar of pickled onions for Eggy.... I shall certainly go back and can recommend the spot to everyone. Breathtaking views.
Riggers - I was testing it out for size (I'm about 5ft 8) and just couldn't resist the temptation, but there was no rainwater in it at the time despite it being the last week of October.
Terryw - don't think that photo can be the one I was in - far too skinny for me...lol

As for the 20,000 cockroaches I would certainly have given that one a go, and all the rest, but would have had to pass on the snake. I don't do snakes and am a bit dodgy with rats. That Janice is a complete pain....please will everyone on the forum vote for someone else tomorrow night?
Sandy x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2007, 01:12:34 AM »
Don't know what happened there. It was meant to say 5 ft 8 but somehow the attempt at a bracket reduced me to only 5ft! Personally I thought it was quite a good fit.
Sandy x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2007, 01:27:50 AM »
What a fascinating thread started by Eileen's picture of Sandy. Viv added the brilliant description of the Paleokastritsa connection and Eggy added the humour. And all the other bits and pieces from so many forum members.

Makes reading the forum really worthwhile. Well done to all!

Phil and Jen

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2007, 08:42:59 AM »
I agree with philandjen, I had never heard of the castle of Angelokastro until this topic and now it will be on next years list of things to do Thanks everyone.

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2007, 09:31:26 AM »
sandy i know what you mean i had the same problem, getting from the rainbow to perry&jimmys and its worse as its a dirt track,god bless those boys spiro&jimmy,

Offline pg32

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »
The graves are indentical to the ones i have seen up near Morecambe and they too are up high next to some ruins and near the sea! Just alot colder in Morecambe!!

Booking.com