Author Topic: Easy Jet  (Read 77064 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Easy Jet
« on: November 26, 2007, 08:10:03 PM »
I got an email from Easy Jet the other day stating that in 2008 there will be new routes to Corfu and Crete, I dont know what the prices will be..  4 hrs almost to Crete on an Easy Jet flight might be a bit of a horror flight!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline eve

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
Re: Easy Jet
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 10:02:45 PM »
Hi Blondegirl, I can only speak as I find, we used easyjet for the first time last week and I have to say, book in straight through... both ways, lugguage out together.... bothways! hey that has only happened once before and that was air berlin! would book both again. Nice to know they are adding Greece will look them up, thanks. Happy holidays! Eve.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:57 AM »
That's good news - looks like they will be maintaining the old BA flights to Corfu then.
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 12:18:55 PM »
I couldnt see anything yet on their site for Corfu but they had flights to Thessolinika £29.50 one way - wondered how cheap it would be to get there for a  DIY trips with ferries as extra.  Do they fly to Brindisi?

We flew to Germany on Easy Jet and Manchester no problems for short journeys but not so sure about a 4 hour one... you should at least be able to get a coffee then.  On a flight to manchester they apologised for not getting to everyone in time with a coffee - not that we needed one as we were only in the air about 40 mins.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 12:41:07 PM »
Easyjet may only carry on the direct flights to Corfu during the summer months. We are trying to get over for Greek Easter at the end of April but the Easyjet timetable only goes up to the end of March at the moment. At present we are looking to go Easyjet to Athens, then Olympic to Corfu....
Sandy x

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 01:46:52 PM »
Hi Sandy

I think you will find that Easyjet summer schedule normally comes out around christmas time so could be any time now you will just have to keep your eye on it . We have flown with both Easyjet and Ryanair several times and they have been spot on every time , I think as long as you dont expect to much there should be know problem . We flew to Athens a few years ago with Easyjet with our two daughters and that was 4 hours but everybody found it to be fine .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline alyvin

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2007, 02:30:45 PM »
I've never flown with easyjet but I have with Ryanair. I would say the ryanair flight was much more comfortable than most of the charter airlines.

Offline manxman

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 03:21:20 PM »
The Easyjet flights will replace the GB Airways flights according to the Easyjet website and will be shown on their website after their takeover of GB Airways is complete (after 30 Mar 2008)

Offline SteveL

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »
I have flown to several European destinations with the "budget" airlines including Easyjet with no problems. In just about every case the flights were on time with one notable exception when we were delayed for about 7 hours due to a technical problem with the aircraft (this wasn't Easyjet by the way).
In my opinion they are as good, if not better than the charter airlines, except that you do not get an in-flight meal (nothing to miss there, then!!).
The TV programme Airline doesn't really give an accurate portrayal of Easyjet as it tends to focus on problem passengers rather than the thousands of satisfied customers who use this airline every day.

Steve

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 10:44:00 AM »
I used to wonder why on earth Easyjet would want a programme produced showing some really negatives sides of a budget airline. But Steve your last paragraph puts it in a nutshell, well said !

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 12:24:59 PM »
Dave n Anne

Thanks for that. I'll keep my eyes open. Cheap and cheerful I say. Four hours is nothing and as someone else has said, the meals are usually useless anyway.

Sandy
Sandy x

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 01:51:02 PM »
Hi Sandy

If you do use any of the budget airlines like Steve says they are usually better than charters anyway and you don't miss the food . Be carefull if you buy food on these flights though as it is a complete rip off so just take your own , the beer and wine are fine (just in case you get thirsty) .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »
i to have just sent a email to easyjet asking when the fliights to corfu are starting and when the tarrif will be posted on there website,hope they get back to me soon ,so i can share it with everyone ...yammas

Offline Glenny

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2007, 02:52:11 PM »
If you go on to the BA website & book flights (through GB airways) from Gatwick to Corfu they will transfer over to easyJet when the sale is confirmed in a few weeks.
Easyjet can't advertise the flights as they haven't officially taken control of GBairways as yet. (Does that make sense?)

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 03:27:53 AM »

Sandy,

Hot off the press....Easyjet Luton-Athens flights have only just now become available for next April...Gatwick are not showing as yet.  At the moment the cheapest prices showing are Tuesday 22nd April and Sunday 27th coming in at £53.98 including baggage allowance.

There are some heady prices there for later on in the year...I'm used to much cheaper fares from Easyjet when they announce their new timetables.

Eileenx

Booking.com