Author Topic: New flights from Newcastle  (Read 6090 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
New flights from Newcastle
« on: October 14, 2004, 06:01:24 PM »
Excel Airways http://www.excelairways.com have a new route flying from Newcastle to Corfu starting May 2005.

The good news about this is that they are flying on  Mondays and Fridays, which means that you are not just restricted to 7/14 nights, you can spoil yourself and add a few extra days on, or maybe even weeks! :D  

You can now stay for 2/5/7/9/12/14/16/19/21/23/26/28 nights.  

It sounds good to me :D

Has anybody flown into Corfu airport on a Friday flight? It would be interesting to know how busy it is.

Eileen.

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 09:34:27 PM »
:lol: Eileen,
                We flew in on a fri, (27th Sept.) and it was no worse than usual
                                 Ivan

Offline Lyndsaym

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 01:13:46 PM »
Eileen,

We flew in on Fri 09.07.04 and Fri 17.09.04 and both times were just the same as normal.  The only problem we had was checking in at Belfast (was so slow) we were glad that Corfu airport were so much better.

Lyndsay
Can't wait til next year!!!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 03:15:13 PM »
Hi Eileen, As you already know this was our first time in Corfu, we went on Friday 1st October and were surprised when we got there as to how smoothly everything ran (we had heard a lot of horror story's) it took exactly an hour from getting of the plane to leaving the airport on the coach, and then 1 hour and 50 mins to get to Arillas. It was all worth it, but think we might get a taxi in may. Viv & Pete

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 04:38:48 PM »
Glad to report my Friday arrival at Corfu airport 24/09/04 was a very smooth one  :)  (case was 5th on the conveyer belt, with only a 15 min wait) would have had a real flyer if i was traveling to Arillas by taxi, but had a short delay while everyone else joined the coach.   The return security check before check-in was a surprise to me (having to lift a full case to waist height on to the scanner belt)  :? not easy on the back!!! a new procedure in place from this year i was told by the rep. Once checked in things were a little manic with so many flights due out, not a lot of room with the amount of people waiting.   Ps Ivan you must have come home completely chilled out you arrived on the 24th not 27th :D
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 07:45:38 PM »
Ive been out to Arillas two times so far this year, one of the flights ive been on was a friday night flight and it was gr8, no waiting around for ages, and we got there 35 mins early, but had to then taxi around whilst waiting for a space to get off!

The new Doncaster airport also starts flying to out to Corfu in May 2005 and there flights are monday and fridays to.

Claire x

Offline kizmet

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 07:58:59 PM »
Posted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject:    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ive been out to Arillas two times so far this year, one of the flights ive been on was a friday night flight and it was gr8, no waiting around for ages, and we got there 35 mins early, but had to then taxi around whilst waiting for a space to get off!

The new Doncaster airport also starts flying to out to Corfu in May 2005 and there flights are monday and fridays to.

Claire x

ive got to learn to remember to log in!!!!!

Offline Mick and Jill

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2004, 01:38:27 PM »
We flew out on a Friday night flight (27th Sept) from Newcastle and again it was great.  Checked in at Newcastle 3 hours before flight and no queue.  Arrived at Corfu 35 minutes early, only flight in and cases came straight away.  Was in Arillas in no time as friends picked us up.  On the way back there was no queue at check in and airport was very quiet, again plane left about 30 minutes early although the Manchester flights were delayed due to bad weather back home.

All Corfu flights leave on a Monday or Friday from Newcastle.
Jill XXX

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2004, 11:59:24 AM »
Thanks everyone, I will book later today or tomorrow for a friday night flight on the 24th June for 21 nights.  We are missing out our May visit so will bump the extra week onto our fortnight!

Jill, the Newcastle flight is new to the Excel Airways programme and although you can get these flights from other tour operators, Excel gives you the opportunity to fly back on a different day of the week from which you flew out.  Also, for anyone like us who does flight only you will find their prices very reasonable. :)

Will any other members be there at the same time?

Eileenx

Offline Lyndsaym

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2004, 12:48:03 PM »
Hi Eileen,
We are looking to book for 2 weeks going on the 17th June. Just waiting now to see when everyone can get their holidays and who is really going to go!!!

So you never we mite see you there!!

Lyndsay

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2004, 11:51:34 PM »
Lyndsay,

I hope you can get everyone organized, it's agony when your itching and ready to get booked and you have to wait on everyone agreeing :x

We got booked today and go out on the 24th June.   Yippee  :D

Let me know if you get booked up.

Eileenx

Offline Lyndsaym

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2004, 11:13:27 AM »
Hi Eileen,

No problem, i'll keep you informed as to when we get booked.  It's awful waiting about trying to find out when everyone can get off, i just want to get it booked so that i don't have to worry!!!

Talk soon

Lyndsay

Booking.com