Author Topic: Arillas 'virgin' needs help!!  (Read 9543 times)

Offline Ollie

Arillas 'virgin' needs help!!
« on: December 27, 2007, 11:22:03 PM »
Hi All,

After reading and watching this wonderful site I've desided I NEED to go there! Please would you be so kind as to help me to choose accomodation? I'm looking for self-catering apartments for myself, my husband and 4 y.o. daughter. We are planning to go in June, need nice clean place with pool and air-con, preferably not too far from the beach. Another thing - who's the best operator for package holidays in Arillas?
Many thanks!!

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas 'virgin' needs help!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2007, 11:28:02 PM »
Hi Ollie. Have a look through the accommodation section, it`s very helpful. I`m sure you`ll find lots to guide you through it. If I can be any help, feel free to PM me. All the best.
Lindypops.

Offline Ollie

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 12:34:37 AM »
Thanks Lindypops, I'm looking at Kaloudis Village now - any cons there? I've read feedback on this forum, looks good.

riggers

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 12:41:11 AM »
Hello Ollie
Kaloudis is fantastic, i've been there 5 times and just a 20 metre walk down to the beach.
But i must also say it doesn't matter where you stay in ARILLAS, Every where is great and they all make you feel welcome.
Where ever you go you will love it.

Riggers...

Offline Ollie

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 12:56:15 AM »
Thanks Riggers, I hope to go in June - what's the weather will be like? Don't want it to be too hot as my daughter never been anywhare hot, but don't want it to rain either.

riggers

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 01:08:28 AM »
We there for 2 weeks in June.
The weather has always been good in June. ( except the odd day, when it soon clears up).

Great Pool at the Kaloudis aswell

Riggers.

Offline Ang

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2007, 01:13:55 PM »
Hi Ollie I think Kaloudis will be a great choice for you with you'r little girl, it has good accomodation  a nice shop on site and a great pool and usually lots of other children for her to play with,we have stayed there on and off several times over the years.
You will have a fab time
Ang

Offline kevin-beverly

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2007, 03:58:36 PM »
Hi

I think Kaloudis.  We were there for 2 weeks last september 07 good accomodation all a/c.  If you look in accommodation reviews it will tell you about Kaloudis.  I think Thomsons who use this accommodation are only having night flights in 2008, but you had best check this out.  Last year (07) it was day flights and some night flights.  Some people don't mind flying at night but it can be a bit difficult with small children as they get really tired.   Manos are doing really early flights for 2008.  Good luck - I am sure you will find something. 

kevin

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2007, 04:01:50 PM »
Hi Ollie

I can also definitley recommend Kaloudis.  We have been going there since with my daughter since she was three.  I wouldn't say anywhere else.

Amanda

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 04:56:18 PM »
We stayed at Kaloudis in last week of October 2007, but have visited their pool bar nearly every day of our four other holidays in Arillas coming off the beach to get a cold beer. Jen and me are at the other end - I just retired and our boys are 26.

The Kaloudis is PERFECT for a young family. Everyting you need is close at hand, and the people are typically Greek and welcoming. You will have chosen well to go there.

Enjoy Arillas - you'll be back!!!

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 11:38:58 PM »
You`ll find plenty of info Ollie. You`ll have a great holiday.
Lindypops.

Offline Ollie

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2007, 11:28:49 PM »
Thanks for your replies everyone, much appreciated.
My dear husband's aking - is there any entertaining at night time? Not in-your-face thing, but something somewhere so we can enjoy ourselves?

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2007, 11:53:45 PM »
There are The Coconut and Malibu Bars right next to each other in the village and there is always something going on like a good time, happy faces and a sing along depending on your vocal skills or lack of them ;)

Seriously, nice and and easy describes it the best in Arillas.
Life is good ;)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »
There are also a few places do a Greek Night once a week which are good. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2008, 12:30:36 PM »
The Horizon Restaurant did Greek Nights and also a Latin (salsa etc, not flamenco night) which was great, but that might change this year if they dont get booked.  Some of the accommodations might have a quiz night by their bar. The Thassala did jazz nights which were good, the singer was brilliant.   The usual TV (sky stuff), last year at the Malibu bar there was a Frank Sinatra singer (came from Hastings) and he was very good, sometimes there is a magic show which some have enjoyed.  But there are only two bars so there isnt a lot going on which is why a lot of people keep going back.  You might not want that sort of thing every night but for a change there is something if you want it.

Whatever you choose you will have a great time, it is a very special place and great for any age.  We went for a walk up to the Kaloudis, (we have stayed at the Galini and the Bardis Studios.the Galini much better for kids I think but further from the sea) its the far end of the sea front before the cliff walk and it is a nice looking place with apartments in blocks, nice pool fenced off for safety and lovely bar area.  Shop too... two mins to the beach in a quiet part of the resort as it doesnt get much traffic (dead end).

Have fun... I am so envious of everyone at the moment booking holidays.  We dont know what we are doing yet with moving, decorating, kids coming back and forwards.  Perhaps I should just do it and let everything else fall into place.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com