Author Topic: the beach  (Read 6504 times)

Offline alex

• Arillas Addict
the beach
« on: October 17, 2004, 10:09:26 AM »
while holidaying september, we xperienced a very bad storm. The beach was taken away, the bridge in the centre of the front was dragged into the middle of the road and it was like a fast flowing river running through the village. i just wanted to say i no the locals of  Arrilas will be working hard to put this right for our return next season. and that we do appreciate all the hard work this intails.  I must admit that the disapointing side to this was hearing holiday makers moan in regards to the weather as if it was the locals fault. We nipped out fromour room in between showers sat in the gratsella laughing and joking and making a big joke of the whole thing, it gave us the oppertunity to meet other people and turned the dismal day into a fun one. keep up the good work arrilas we do appreciate it.

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
the beach
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2004, 11:50:18 AM »
Alex,

Like yourselves we just laughed at the weather and made it an excuse to sit in a taverna all afternoon.

My sister and her husband arrived on the last few days of our holiday in September, the night before the start of the Wine Festival.  As it was their first visit to Corfu we were looking forward to showing them Arillas, so on the Saturday we set off to do the Heritage Walk.  The heavens opened up and talk about being soaked to the skin, to use an old scottish word we were 'drookit' right through!

We had no option but to seek shelter in a taverna, where we sat and drank, ate and blethered all day! :D  

Eileenx

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
the beach
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2004, 12:26:33 PM »
We arrived the last monday in September and the weather that day was fine,but then we had 2 days of storms you could not see 50 yards in front of you.In fact the road by the Rainbow bar was a river.Stinky ditch was a raging torrent,we found it quite interesting and did not let it get us down.
The rest of the holiday was wonderful weather the beach is back we spent all week on it and the bridge over stinky ditch is back so no problems
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
the beach
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2004, 08:38:41 PM »
Hi All
Like yourselves our 2 weeks (4th to  18th Oct ) glorious 1st week over 80 ,lots of swimming and snorkling ,calm waters plenty of fish etc,plenty to drink as well !!!!!!!!  2nd week a bit overcast and then one night of electric storms which according to Norm & Sandy were fantastic ,which i saw earlier from the coconut bar and i just got in before the torrential downpour started @ 3-30am!!!! and then snored through the rest. 12 hours later it stopped and we were back in the sea ,then hot again till end of hols, got some good sunset pictures on the last weekend. The bridge also was washed away but put back the following day.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com