Author Topic: MANOS INVOICES (insurance)  (Read 12197 times)

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
MANOS INVOICES (insurance)
« on: January 05, 2008, 12:37:33 AM »
Manos Invoices (insurance) 

I have just received my new Invoice for our holiday in May
This is the Invoice that has been sent out to replace previous invoices that were issued before the take over by Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd
Upon checking the Invoice I noted the invoice stated that No Passengers had booked Insurance
As this was originally done when booking the holiday I will now have to check this out 
With my travel agent
I telephoned my son to ask him if he had received his new Invoice.
Upon checking his invoice again the invoice stated that No Passengers had booked Insurance.
The information provided with the Invoice states that insurance had been purchased but the invoice states different

If you have booked with Manos and have had a replacement Invoice check it out

riggers

Re: MANOS INVOICES (insurance)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 12:49:19 AM »
Thats Travel Agents for you John, always conning you.

Riggers.

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 11:18:33 AM »
John
We booked with Manos before the takeover when the baggage allowance was 20kgs. (it's now 15kgs).
New invoice received and no mention of baggage allowance.  My wife called  "customer service" and after a long debate was told that the 20kgs would still apply.  As there is nothing in writing to prove this we asked them to confirm and they said they would send another new invoice to that effect.
Must phone them up again because after several weeks we are still waiting.

BTW, if we had waited until after the merger before booking our holiday, the price would have gone up considerably and to a level which I consider not good value for money.
One of the great things about Arillas over the few years we have been going has been the good value for money compared to a lot of other holidays.  Will have to look at independent travel for the future.

Steve

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 12:34:06 PM »
I have heard this too and feel quite worried for some of the people in Arillas like Spiros and Jimmy at the Rainbow. The Thomas Cook prices there for this year are up by hundreds on what Manos were charging last year. It wouldn't be so bad if we thought the Greeks were getting the money but as we all know it won't rub off on them....it will all go into the coffers of Thomas Cook. I started going with Manos to the Rainbow in 1993 because it was such good value, but could probably not afford their prices now if taking all the family.
Sandy x

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 02:47:27 PM »
Just checked our new invoice from Thomas Cook and as John said there is no mention of the luggage allowance change, will have to look into this . On the prices going up I am not defending them but do they not always go up as each edition of the brochure's are released , ie usually cheaper the earlier you book . Maybe Joe may have some more info on this if he reads this .

Yammas

Dave n Anne

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 11:12:49 PM »
All this stuff and then the owners of businesses in Arillas don't get paid for months on end by the big boys like First Choice and Thomas Cook.

Like Sandy - I'll pay if I could be assured the money was going to our friends in Arillas. But it isn't!

Offline Paul & Nise

• Thisaldo
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 11:59:20 PM »
Like Sandy, we too were upset to see the large hike in prices for this year (as posted on a previous thread) knowing full well that the "boys" at the Rainbow would not be gaining. I checked prices on boxing day on line to find that this years holiday was to be around £320 dearer than last year. Mulling over wether to go independent as many forum members do, I priced various alternatives ( not going is NOT an option).

One last look at the TC site to check prices and Whoopie!!! On Boxing day the on line discount was £78, but tonight it is a brilliant £338. Whats that all about? Perhaps they read this forum?? so as Peter Kay says Booked it - packed it and ****** off!! role on 29th September. Just 38 weeks to go, must set the clicker working.

Paul & Nise

Offline Joyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 12:26:06 AM »
Denise - that is brilliant news.  Was pretty worried when I saw the horrendous prices.  Hopefully it would not affect me too badly - as Sandy and I WILL be staying in our house this year but I was worried about Jimmy and Spiro and all the other locals who are tied into contracts with the likes of Thomas Cook.  Let's hope Thomas Cook and other Agents are reading this forum.

Enjoy your holiday.

Joyce

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2008, 01:19:36 AM »
Denise, Jen and me do the independent thing. We always seem to save, and our money goes to our Arillas friends, not Thomas Cook etc. Sandy and Joyce have found a huge saving on Easy Jet, as would we if we were young enough to deal with nights sleeping at the airport waiting for the train at 7am etc.

Keep talking to all of us on the forum and pluck up the courage to do your own thing. The package is just what you can do yourself plus a rep you don't even speak to. And the big boys don't even pay our Arillas friends for months at a time. They take your money but don't but hangonto it forever. I really don't understand why anyone uses them.

Enjoy Arillas - you'll never find anywhere better.

Offline Paul & Nise

• Thisaldo
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2008, 01:58:57 AM »
The ONLY reason for using TC is so that we can stay with Spiros & Jimmy who after 9 years we now see as friends. If they were not tied to contracts we would Row to Arillas if necessary to stay with them independently. Any one who has seen us on the stools at the Rainbow will know that we do everything possible to pass on as many euros as possible to the local economy!!

At £590 for the two of us it would be quite difficult to go cheaper with civalised flight times. Easy jet only fly from Gatwick and we live in Cleethorpes, plus they stop their flights before our holiday dates.

I agree that the big boys are very naughty but we must remember the locals who have long term contracts with them.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 03:57:10 AM »
Hi All!
The ridiculous rise in the price of tour operator based trips to Arillas is one of the main factors that made me decide to 'go independant' this year. I have booked with Dorrita at The Bardis Sun Hotel for two weeks from 2nd. May and done it for about half the price of the 'big boys'.
One sinister thing that I noticed on trying to book 'on line' is that if you try to book a single seat, you get told 'there are no seats available, try another date'. Its funny that if like me you go to the local travel shop, hey presto, there are single seats available on the flights I was told there were none!
Dorrita has abandoned Thomson, or the other way about this year mainly because of the s****y way her family was treated by the company. I wish them well this year and hope they get the support they deserve. Its great to ring up and chat and book with someone you know!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 11:09:56 AM »
My first posting since October.
If you have any worrys over your holidays,download a copy of the package holiday regulations,if you put that into Google it will bring it up its 14 or 24 pages long i think, it tells you what the tour company can and cannot do.We are with Manos and have our new invoice its 20k each still,flying from Bristol.
Footnote to this,just looked at the Manos website(23/01/08) and the price for ONE WEEK at the Arillas Bay is over £700 for 2 people,when we booked our two weeks the brochure price including supplements was £646 for 2 people for 2 WEEKS.This is a disgrace.Also watch out fro the climate offset charge it may only be £5 or £10 but you can opt out of paying it,we have.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 11:13:39 AM »
Thanks for that Harold, and nice to see you again. I`m going to have a read of the posting in detail. Thanks again.
Lindypops.

Offline Mike and Debbie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 12:56:12 AM »
I have recently phoned TC about the baggage allowance and they confirmed it would be the same as when we booked with Manos (20kg). I think if you booked with TC it is only 15kg giving them an opportunity to charge you if you wanted to take 20kg.
[link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/vc/][image noborder]http://www.caribbeanmag.com/cd/Corfu/200807281230_101.gif[/image][/link][link=http://www.caribbeanmag.com/member/tips/home/15/Bahamas.html]Bahamas Trip Reports[/link]

Offline holliepos

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2008, 03:13:03 PM »
Doesn't your baggage allowance vary, depending on the actual airline and/or the airport you're departing from? I believe Manos charter from different airlines around the country.

Booking.com