Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel....Gone Independant!  (Read 16139 times)

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Bardis Sun Hotel....Gone Independant!
« on: January 05, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »
Hi all!
Just to let you know that I have spoken to Dorita today to book my holiday at The Bardis Sun Hotel after confirming my flight details. She confirms that they now have no dealings with Thomson and are taking bookings direct by telephone. A taxi can be arranged by Dorita by ringing her two weeks prior to arrival to meet you at the airport at the rate of 45eur. I will be arriving on 2nd. May for two weeks. Her rates are very good, I have been given the rate of £50.00 a week! The hotel is very comfortable, quiet and has a very good pool and garden yet is only a short distance from the beach and all the rest of Arillas.
To contact the hotel there are two 'phone numbers. I usually find Dorita on the second one.
0030-26630-52050
0030-26630-51039
If you dial 0844-972-9700 first, pause and wait for instructions, calls cost 2 pence a minute at any time, on a service called 'First Number'.
Now I have 'taken the plunge' and booked it, I am really looking forward to my return to Arillas after my break away! I think it was the thought of traveling alone that put me off a bit.
Yammas!
Martin.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel....Gone Independant!
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 07:06:28 PM »
Martin
Well done for both you and Bardis.

You'll be fine in Arillas and well looked after.  Many years ago I used to come to Arillas on my own for an "unwind week in Sept"  - Never any regrets - Enjoyed 'em.

Cheers
Negg

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »
Corfu Escape it seems from their website have taken over the Horizon and another (name escapes me - scuse the pun)..

£50 a week seems very good... do you know what a double would be?  I might give her a ring myself.

We are looking for September... I have tried Annas and Dimitri Studios.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Rugbymad

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 07:33:23 PM »
Indeed a good deal.
Do they accommodate for families? we have 2 children .We are also looking for late august early september.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:00:55 PM »
Hi Rugbymad

Bardis Hotel does cater for families they have limited rooms (4 i think) that have a "side room" which is open with no door off the main bedroom.
I have stayed at the hotel many times so can highly recommend it, the rooms are all large with a fridge and kettle the pool and area around are good and Doritta cooks lovely snacks  the families restaurant the Gratziella is a busy restaurant in the evening.

Yvonne x 
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 09:10:45 PM »
The garlic prawns in Graziella are to die for. Sent a complete stranger there for them when they aksed where can we get really good food (conversation happened after a few in the Coconut bar last October, we'd had them the night before.)

We saw them the next day and they were over the moon about them. Not just us then! Try!!!!

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 03:48:43 AM »
H i All!
Eggy.. thanks for your words of encouragement! Hope to meet you in May and buy you a large one!
Blondegirl... I presume rates for a double room would be £100 in May and October, the rest of the year is on a sliding scale, best contact Dorrita on the numbers I have provided for more exact details.
Rugbymad....As Yvonne stated there are four family suites, the hotel is well suited to youngsters as there is good garden space round the pool and a pool room/bar for shade if the weather gets really hot.
Philandjen...One of the reasons for staying at The Bardis is its close proximity to The Graziella or 'food heaven'. For a party, you can always pop into 'Poppy's' The Bardis Sun Studios next door where there is action until early hours most nights!
Hope this is the beginning of the return to many trips to Arillas, going to book for September/October possibly for three weeks next time. Can't get enough of a good thing!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline justlynn

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 01:14:07 PM »
Hi Phil and Jen,
We enjoyed a good meal at the Grazella too, but will definitely have to try the garlic prawns next time.
We booked Corfu Escape to Bardis Sun Studios, roll on May!
Lynn x

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 06:23:57 PM »
Does dorita have email address? Get nervous on phones!!!
gaygo

Offline Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »
Gaye the Bardis family are not on line yet, they are thinking about it for the future now they have gone independant it might come sooner rather than later.
If you speak to Doritta or Arris they will understand as their English is very good.

Regards
Yvonne x
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2008, 03:16:10 AM »
Hi Gaye!
Dorrita is brilliant on the 'phone, she always makes me feel at ease and manages a joke. She has a very good memory and remembers my past visits.
Don't worry, just get dialing!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2008, 01:27:29 PM »
That is great news for Dorita - hopefully she will be full to the rim this year!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 03:07:10 PM »
Spoke to Dorita this morning to say I wanted to book with her. ....booked a flight now and have got to phone her when she gets back at 6.00 tonight... I suppose thats Corfu time.!

I assumed this was B & B... she doesnt do self catering... but then I dont cook anyway, just snacks so it wont matter.  Its a good price though and want to stay with her for September....

Thanks Martin for the tip and the cheap phone number, it was a great help... what about Transfers... as she doesnt have a website there isnt much to look up.  I have booked a taxi before with San Stef. Travel. so might incorporate that into the holiday.. so what we save we spend on taxi transfer.. oh well.. c'est la vie!  As we arrive about 22.30 and leave about 20.00 it might be worth it..  unless we cadge a lift with Poppy and Spiros guests and pay them.

We stayed at the Bardis Sun Studios last year and had a lovely time... but they are so expensive now compared to what we can pay this year.

So cant wait now... got 7 months to look forward to it.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 05:00:36 PM »
What date do you fly blondegirl??

Let us know the price and details etc when you find out.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 06:09:47 PM »
Just phoned Dorita again.... easy booking... seems too simple! Think I will write to confirm it myself to remind her who I was.

Just told her my name was Sue (whether she wrote that down or not I dont know).. Anyway told her my dates and she asked if we needed a taxi... 50 euros ok..  its b & b which is fine.. and its booked.. you pay when you get there..

So all in all with the flights of £172 and £297 (400 euros) for the room for two weeks its about  £470.... so I think thats a bargain even with the extra taxi..  Mind you our passports run out in March so thats an extra £140!!!!

I didnt think we would be going there this year but I thought oh stop dithering get on with it.

Oh and I had a choice of floor... I thought about the top but I dont like the look of the metal windy stairs they have there, dragging your bags up and the bottom might have not much privacy, so have opted for the middle.. hope that was the right choice!

Booking.com