Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel....Gone Independant!  (Read 16160 times)

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel....Gone Independant!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
Thats brilliant Sue!!

Yep you picked the right floor in my opinion, when i stayed there we were on the bottom, i wouldve preferred to be the middle floor.

If i remember rightly its only the metal staircase at one end, the other end is normal stairs.

Will email you in a min!

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 06:22:54 PM »
Well done Sue, I think that's a bargain too. £235 each for 2 weeks bed and breakfast including your flights.  Crikey you would be toiling to find 2 weeks B&B in the U.K for that...and that's without the flights!

Let the countdown begin! :-)

Eileenxx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 06:26:09 PM »
smiffy!  I will look out for your email... sue
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 06:31:20 PM »
Glad you're sorted Blondegirl. I've sometimes booked the Arillas Inn Apartrments through Leo and always slightly panic because if he even does write anything down, it's always on a scrap of paper and I'm always left wondering if it will happen. But I have to say, he's never let us down  - the room is always there for us and the taxis have always arrived. It's just the Greek way of doing things.
Sandy x

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
thanks Sandy, that has put my mind at rest..

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 08:14:38 PM »
Hi Sue. The view from the top floor is great but a long way up. we like the ground floor but middle is good too. Sure you will have a fantastic time. We are next door in Aug so wont see you this year but should see John and Brenda in June briefly.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 08:38:36 PM »
What a shame we shall miss you... and John and Brenda... I didnt think they were going back this year... 

Do you think we should have booked a ground floor room instead now?  I thought it might be a bit noisy and no privacy being on ground level near the pool, I know we could change it with no problems.

Offline Bet

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 10:32:14 PM »
Hi Sue I think you will be fine on the second floor, we've  had room 22 on the second floor and its as you say just a bit more private than poolside. We have been going to the Bardis family at the Gratziela for many years and have never had anything confirmed in writing, always paid when we arrive, and never failed to have a taxi sign waiting for us at arrivals. Have a wonderful holiday
Bet

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 12:44:02 PM »
Hi thanks for that.  Do you know if they at least have a fridge in the room so I can put cold drinks in it. Or a kettle to make tea and coffee.

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 01:37:20 PM »
Hi Sue

We stayed with Dorita twice in 2005. There is a fridge, kettle and two cups for making tea. 

We stayed on the top floor both times.  There is a spiral stair case at each end and the steps are marble.  Dorita cleans them everyday! 

Ive heard from the Greeks that they class their best rooms on the top floor - not sure why.

I am sure you will have a lovely time and you will be fine on the middle floor.

Enjoy

Sarah

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 01:39:48 PM »
I expect its because of the views... but I have a "thing" about metal staircases and bridges and piers... never ever liked them.. so the thought of going up and down them with suitcases too I wouldnt be happy with it.

Glad about the kettle though, thanks!

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 01:49:50 PM »
I am a bit like that with escalators, i hesitate every time before i get on one!!  Fell backwards on one when i was a toddler and have been wary ever since!

The stairs were a bit of a nightmare late at night when we were a bit tipsy!! ;)

Offline chorltonfiona

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
    • TickerFactory
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 04:42:37 PM »
Hi,

I was thinking of going in July or August - any idea how much it would be then, per week?  Am looking at that double room with separate child room off it!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 06:43:37 PM »
When I asked Dorita she said it was 50 euros like Martin said for 1 person, double for a couple obviously - anytime.. arriving anytime in the week as well, so you can get a flight any day.  So I thought that was very good.  She will arrange a taxi too if you call her 2 weeks before for 50 euros one way.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »
Hi Blondegirl,
Glad you managed to book O.K. with Dorrita. She told me the room price was £50/week not 50 euros! As I understand, you pay in B.O.E. notes on arrival, then she 'cashes' the notes into euros when the exchange rate is best. I will be arriving on a friday afternoon as the flight from CWL Cardiff is at 0715 hrs. I have asked for the ground floor as in the past I have found the hotel to be mostly quiet and there isn't much disturbance generally and you can go straight from your patio to the pool!
The Bardis family are hardworking and make you feel very welcome, and breakfast time in the poolside bar is a very social event. I hope they do well this year as they deserve it!
From what I have been told, the taxi driver waits for the flight arrival at the airport and holds up a card with 'Bardis Hotel Arillas' on it!
Take care,
Martin.

Booking.com