Author Topic: Bardis Sun Hotel....Gone Independant!  (Read 16144 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Bardis Sun Hotel....Gone Independant!
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 10:11:39 PM »

I like to confirm things about the time of our flight (that could even change though) so I have sent a letter confirming it with what I thought was the cost she she will know doubt put me right if I am wrong.  Oh Well... £50 each is still cheap isnt it but I was sure she said 50 Euros.  I will give her a ring I think to double check.

Its very confusing as everyone else I have emailed have quoted me for euros.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2008, 02:04:53 PM »
Can anyone tell us if there will be air con this year.Dorita said they were thinking about it.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2008, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi Lisa and Steve!
Dorrita didn't mention air con when I spoke to her. Next time I speak to her I will ask.
All the best,
Martin.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »
Just to reiterate.. I phoned Dorrita and she said for us it will be 100 euros pp pw which is very good and b & b..

A lot of other places quoted me 35 euros per night per room x 14 = 490 euros by my reckoning, but we do have taxi on top but most places DIY dont do transfers either.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2008, 05:57:11 PM »
Dorita does a really lovely breakfast.Steve usually eats most of mine though as not up for eating much too early. I am pretty sure they also now have air con in all rooms which is a god send. Do hope everyone who has been in the past will continue to support Dorita and family.

Offline paul/jackie

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2008, 08:23:25 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted information regarding The Bardis Sun Hotel, we have just booked direct with Dorita for two weeks at the end of July, she made this realy easy, we have stayed in Arillas for the past three years and are very much looking forward to our return for the fourth year running.

Paul & Jackie

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2008, 08:44:36 PM »
Thats brilliant!  she must be wondering what on earth is going on... she must be busy with phone bookings this week!

Offline Ruthie

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2008, 11:49:27 PM »
Will be probably travelling on my own this year, usually stay around the rainbow complex,(previously with family) but thought might try this year further afield in the attempt to be Shirley Valentine. Is the Bardis ok for the individual traveller and has anyone found cheap flights from Manchester? They all seem to be from down south.

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2008, 01:34:17 AM »
Hi Ruthie!
I am traveling alone to Arillas this year since I lost my wife. I am staying at the Bardis Sun Hotel with Dorrita because I have always felt 'at home' there. It was the last place we stayed at together. Dorrita is a great host and she and her family are always there to help if you need it. The hotel is near to all the rest of the resort, Poppy's place The Bardis Sun Studios is next door with something going on most evenings, but the Hotel is quieter if you need it. Dorrita's prices for the single traveler are very reasonable too. When are you traveling?
I have found a flight from Cardiff CWL return with meals for £248.00 in May. That was the best I could find without the trek and trauma of Gatwick.
You are never really alone in Arillas once you get there as everyone is so friendly.
All the best,
Martin. 

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2008, 11:50:20 AM »
We have never stayed at the hotel but stayed at the studios last year and we had a great time there.  The hotel looks really nice so on everyone else recommendations (especially Martins) we decided to book there this year.  Everyone is so friendly in Arillas I dont think you would feel lonely or uncomfortable, there will always be someone to talk to, have a drink or a meal with.  Have a look at the blurb I found and put in another thread from Lozicle...title "the freak is back".... something about the single female traveller, might give you some confidence.  :-)

Offline Shuey

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2008, 12:22:38 PM »
That is really good news for Dorita - it looks like she will be very busy this season.

I think this hotel is an excellent choice for all of you that have booked.  The rooms are bright and spacious and the breakfasts are excellent.

Offline Ruthie

« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2008, 10:16:33 PM »
thanks for that, have been coming to Arillas since 1997 but always with family so know many, I know I won't be on my own. It's just the cost of flights that put me off. I will be going at the end  of July, for 2 weeks as always.
Ruthie

Offline Ruth Potts

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »
By the way, I am also Ruthie on this (ie reply above this one) - have 2 log ins for some reason, just realised that my photo was missing, I am on a different computer. Have corrected it so should just appear as one, I don't have a split personality, although people who know me may disagree!
Ruth

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2008, 01:39:03 AM »
Hi Ruthie, if you are looking at prices of flights from Manchester we used charterflights.co.uk.  They are very slightly (couple of pounds) dearer than cheapestflights.co.uk but you only have to pay a deposit and the balance 8 weeks before you go.  Also the initial price they quote is incl of taxes, etc.  We paid £245 each to fly from Manchester over the school half-term break in May (always more expensive) and we paid £220 each to fly in September.  Both flights are day time flights, Air Malta chartered by XL.  Don't know what you think of those prices but worth a look.  Good luck.  W & S. x

Offline Ruth Potts

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2008, 12:33:31 AM »
thanks, wendy and stu, will look into the flights, need my arillas fix this summer!
Ruth

Booking.com