Author Topic: Kaloudis 2008  (Read 15528 times)

riggers

Kaloudis 2008
« on: January 07, 2008, 12:58:54 AM »
Just had a look at Thomson for June. It is stating £553 pp, what are you joking, and thats with no insurance and meals.
Where did that come from.
What is happening here, when i booked with them last year it was £200 pp or more cheaper.
Riggers...

Offline martin-w

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
Re: Kaloudis 2008
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:32:52 AM »
Hi Riggers!
Thats one of the main reasons I decided to 'go independent' with Dorrita at the Bardis Sun Hotel, who has also 'gone independant'. I have booked a flight from Cardiff CWL, for £248.00 including all extras, and its costing me £100 for the two weeks stay in the hotel which last year was over £700 all in with Thomsons. Seems crazy they need to charge so much this year! They are all 'at it'. Even with the cost of the taxi from the airport i'm quids in!
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 12:58:04 PM »
Hi Riggers & Martin
Am booked into Kaloudis with Thomsons for May 16th to 30th with a brochure (online) price of £289 per person.
Have just checked my confirmation which includes £83 (one of us is over 65) for insurance, £96 for taxi transfer, £28 for 2 inflight meals and the total for two people is £784. (Works out at £392 per person all in)
Did I get a bargain or have they ramped prices up temporarily so they can later claim that people are saving on the price advertised?
By the way insurers treble premiums after the age of 65 so have taken out annual insurance this week starting with my autumn holiday and the total cost is £112 (thats for the two of us) for umpteen trips a year in europe.  Got it via Help the Aged and the insurer is Intune.  That should start to show a good saving - and they have no upper age limit.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 06:35:30 PM »
Hi Pat,
I think you did well. I looked at that establishment in the Thomson book, but the surcharges for single occupancy made to price very 'silly'.
I am fortunate that I kept my insurance policies up with my firm when I retired so I am covered for the time being at very reasonable rates till I'm 70!
All the best,
Martin.

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »
Hi Martin
Sorry Thomsons have quoted potty prices for single occupancy.  There are always lots of 'come ons' in the brochures which sound great until you try for them.  I always used to get cross about child discounts.  Having triplets always seemed to rule me out since everything was designed for a couple with two kids.
Now I've become an ARP (active retired person) it seems insurers are out to get the maximum cash out of me although what happened on the day I turned 66 is unclear to me.
Still they never said life was meant to be fair, so we just have to get on with it, don't we?  Hope you have found an alternative - when will you be in Arillas?
Best wishes
Pat

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 08:02:26 PM »
Hi Riggers

We too priced up to go to Kaloudis and they wanted £1,700 for two adults and one child, that was with a free child place, hence not booked anything yet.

Amanda

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »
Hi Pat,
As I said in my reply to riggers yesterday, Im at The Bardis Sun Hotel on 2nd. May having booked direct with Dorita.
Take care,
Martin.

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2008, 11:46:15 PM »
Hi Martin
It looks as though our paths might just cross at the airport.  Sorry I missed the post in which you detailed your own arrangements.  Clearly as they always say 'it pays to shop around'.
Perhaps if we all shop around the big tour operators will think again and make their prices more reasonable - but of course their shareholders will have the view that maximum profits are what count.  If their profits dip because of high prices they might just become more competetive.  We'd probably better not hold our breath for that though!
Best wishes to all
Pat

Offline holiday girl

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2008, 06:20:01 PM »
I've booked a week at kaloudis 30th may 2 adults 2 children for £1150. I was pleasantly surprised as this was £400 cheaper than most other hols i found and had better flight times.  would have liked to go back to stay at anna's but have also booked for my parents to come and didn't relish the walk up the hill.

holiday girl
kerry

Offline patrickjohn

• ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 10:02:18 PM »
Hi Kerry
Shall just miss you as well as Martin - and will probably cross paths at the airport.  The reports on the Kaloudis all seem to be good, it is very near the beach, and with only a short incline up from the road so your parents should manage pretty well.
Is this your second visit to Arillas?
We stayed at the Horizon last year and really enjoyed that and can recommend it.
Best wishes
Pat

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2008, 10:41:14 PM »
Hi Riggers and Mango. Daylight robbery if you ask me. I'll bet not a penny goes to the Kaloudis. We stayed there first time last October when we found flights dearer than last minute package including transfer and accommodation at Kaloudis. It is indeed a fantastic place to stay - right by the beach, spotless and all you could want on site including a lovely pool. Before that we always used to go in and sit by the pool with a Mythos or three when we came off the beach before walking up the hill.

We might have gone back this summer but couldn't afford the prices being charged.

We're staying at Annas and understand why so many are going independent. We already know we'll be happy - Anna and her family are wonderful people, and they have all we want including a really nice pool for Jen. We've even booked a drinking competition on Black Russian with Anna on another post! Something about hedges???
Won't venture far that night!! (lol Anna - we'll hold you to it! love and hugs)

but seriously - those who want to go to Kaloudis are being stuffed this year. Lets hope the lack of bookings will sort it out.

All the best
Phil

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 10:26:25 AM »
hi phil and jen
we always go to Annas and like you say what a wonderful family.
carnt wait to book.
dont know when ian is finishing work.(redundancy)
should be august  but maybe september now
hope it is september .

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 10:31:39 PM »
Hi Pat,
As I said in my reply to riggers yesterday, Im at The Bardis Sun Hotel on 2nd. May having booked direct with Dorita.
Take care,
Martin.
hi martin me and wife well be there the same time as you so mite bump into you

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2008, 04:43:27 AM »
Hi Keith,
Are you at the Bardis Sun Hotel? If not, see you at the forum 'bash' at the Coconut Bar on the 6th. at 8pm.
Yammas,
Martin.

Offline keith(geezer)

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 11:08:56 PM »
Hi Keith,
Are you at the Bardis Sun Hotel? If not, see you at the forum 'bash' at the Coconut Bar on the 6th. at 8pm.
Yammas,
Martin.
no we are at the kaloudis well see you on the 6th

Booking.com