Author Topic: walking in may  (Read 79166 times)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re: walking in may
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2008, 07:53:50 PM »
Hi Riggers,

Yes that's the one...sometimes you have to watch where you go there are so many hens scurrying across the path!

We call that path around the back of the Mathraki to the beach the 'Goat walk' because of that goat in the shed!!

It's a lovely walk don't you think?  It's such a contrast from the beach front yet only a stroll away.

Eileenx

riggers

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2008, 08:16:59 PM »
Hi Eileen.
Yes it is a great walk to do, normally do it first thing in the morning when it is cooler.Helps to get rid of the hangovers lol

Riggers

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2008, 12:26:50 AM »
I might have to print out the photo and directions - we will probably get lost and we dont want to trespass like we did last year when we took a short cut through the greenhouses and got told off!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

riggers

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2008, 12:33:02 AM »
I think that must be private property but nobody seems to mind.

Riggers..

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2008, 11:13:35 AM »
I really enjoy topics like this because the descriptions of the  walks are very detailed and informative. The descriptions of things you can see on the walks, such as hens, goats and the scenery, plus seeing Eileens photographs make you want to do the walks. For the newcomer, like me, it is very useful information.

Somehow, I have got to compile a small booklet of all the things that I want to do this year, and include, as Sue has suggested, maps and photographs. I would imagine that a small publication of the walks and activities would be a very valuable asset to most Arillas visitors, so are there any volunteers?

Thanks to everyone who has contributed and I hope that I can contribute something myself later in the year.

Learning about words like shenanigans, nebbing, skegs, a gander,  and a squizz has been a bonus.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2008, 11:50:10 AM »
Just going back to what Eileen was saying re May, yes it is a lovely time, and you might also see the lovely little wotsits in the evenings. The name`s just come back to me--------- fireflies. It`s fascinating to watch them.
Lindypops.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2008, 12:09:31 PM »

Oh yes Lindypops how did I forget about the little dancing fairies!!! :-)

They just add to the magic of Arillas don't you think? :-)

Eileenxxx

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2008, 12:10:56 PM »
They`re great, aren`t they Eileen? Just when you think you`ve spotted where they are---------- they`ve gone.
Lindypops.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
Eileen,  I have just looked on Dimitris blue map... I can see the road opposite Napoleons, if you go up there bear right it leads you to Guido and Villa Kousos + San Stef. Road and if you bear left past Pluto do you know where there comes out.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2008, 04:53:20 PM »
Hi Sue,

No I've only walked up as far as Paradise and Panorama villas.  I'm not exactly 100% sure, but I think that the path stops at the back of the villas.  Maybe someone else will know for sure...it's a helluva steep path to go up and find that you have to turn back!

Eileenx

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2008, 05:26:36 PM »
That was the problem when we took the recommended short cut from the girl in San Stef. Travel, it was a no go area and when you are hot, tired and need a beer you dont want to have to keep going back the way you have just come from.  Indiana Jones I am not! I dont fancy  forcing my way through the undergrowth, eventually on my hands and knees crawling into Arillas gasping for a drink.. LOL>

I am looking forward to going in September though as hopefully it wont be as hot as when we have been before in July and we can hopefully enjoy the walks more, it has taken us a good 3 days to get over them normally... thats how unfit we are.

Offline charlietoosey

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2008, 12:45:05 PM »
Hi all

Last word from me on this subject

That Lance Chilton book and map has arrived already and I'm looking forward to some fun planning my trip
Thanks to all for your interest and advice

Charlie

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2008, 09:40:20 PM »
Hi Everyone
Thanks Charie Toosey for starting this topic.  Have just ordered the Lance Chilton book from Marengo Publications having looked around their website.  I see he is doing a week of walks starting in Arillas next September.  Bit much for me - would interfere with my plans to get all that vitamin D which is so vital - so scientists say.
Still will do a bit of walking and all the suggestions on these two pages will get me off to a good start.
Best wishes
Pat

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2008, 12:36:32 AM »
Hi Charlie

This is Jen's and my Arillas walk:

Leave Alecos apartments and turn right. Come to Christos aparrtments and give Filipos and Angela a big hug. Two Mythos please. Leave Christos and turn right. Anna Studios just a minute away. Two Mythos please. Jen gives Tasos and Kostas a big hug. I give Anna a big hug. Two Mythos please, er maybe one Mythos and one Amstels for Jen. Leave Annas and turn left. In the bakery and - two Mythos please!

Leave bakery and turn right. Walk down the hill and turn left into the Coconut. Two Mythos please, er no, Mythos for me, and vodka/coke for Jen. Meet Eggy. Ouzo, Mythos and vodka/coke please. Repeat last move several times. Leave Coconut and walk to sea front. Turn left and head for Thalassa. Give Giannis, Litsa and Sprios a big hug. Mythos and vodka/coke please. Repeat several times.

Leave Thalassa and turn left. Come to Graziella. Taramasalta for breakfast (it's now 2pm) and one Mythos and one vodka/coke please. Leave Graziella, turn right. Into Ina's for two cold tins of Mythos. Walk towards Kaloudis and turn left onto beach. Down the steps and turn right. Walk to far end, get kit off and sunbathe/swim for an hour. Drink tins of Mythos.

Walk back to steps and climb. Wash feet in Kaloudis (Splish Splash) pool bar. Two Mythos please. Two Mythos please. Two Mythos please. Leave Kaloudis, turn left. Back to Thalassa. It's now 6pm. Two Brandys please. Stamna and Penelope's Delight please. Litre of red wine please.

Leave Thalassa, turn right. Into Coconut. Two Black Russians please. Thanks Kostas and Hannah. Meet Filipos and Barbara. Endless Black Russians please.

Leave Coconut, turn right. Back up hill to apartment. Ah!!! another wonderful day in Arillas. Sleep etc (make what you will of etc)

Tomorrow - repeat!

lol
philandjen

Bored

riggers

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2008, 12:43:05 AM »
Hi Phil and Jen.
Is that all you can manage. Theres me thinking you can drink!!lol.

Booking.com