Author Topic: New to Arillas  (Read 11316 times)

Nickb

New to Arillas
« on: October 21, 2004, 01:57:51 PM »
Hi Everyone

We have booked for Atillas next August, the first 2 weeks if i remember correctly. We went to Spain in April (big mistake) it was so wet that the pool flooded.

The villa's electrics kept blowing so no power and when the sun did come out the water was so cold that we couldn't even go for a swim.

Anyway, we decided to book for next August in Greece when i should be guaranteed lots and lots of heat. We last went to greece in 1991 to Zante which was lovely however thats changed a lot since then.

Its Arrilas for us next year and we can't wait. I have read some great things on the site. We are staying at The Tria Adelphia in Arillas.

Just one question for now. Having read the forum on transfers i want to get a taxi to the resort. Do i have to let the reps know that i won't be needing the bus or do i just hop on a taxi and go for it. I've only been on a couple of package breaks so i'm unsure as to the protocol.

Nick

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-New to Arillas
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2004, 02:55:23 PM »
Hi Nick,

You've made a great choice in choosing Arillas for your holidays.  If you are like a lot of us it will be the first of many visits.

We first went to Zante in 1990, then returned 3 years later and it had changed so much in such a short time. :(

It is best that you inform the rep at the airport that you are getting a taxi, if only to save any hold ups for the other passengers whilst they look for you. :D

I'm sure you will glean lots more useful information from this site over the next year, it's good fun too. :D

Eileen

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
New to Arillas
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2004, 05:51:45 PM »
We are going the second and third week of aug as usual.It has never taken us more than an hour and a half to get from the airport to Arillas.The journey can be a bit tedious but to us it is part of the holiday.We fly into Corfu in the evening about nine o'clock so don't know what it is like at other times,perhaps someone else can help with that.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
New to Arillas
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 11:02:10 PM »
Hi again Nick,

If you want to see some photos of Arillas have a look at this http://www.killies.co.uk/corfu/index.html  this album was created by my brother Killie after his first visit to Arillas.

Also, take a look at http://www.sea-breeze-corfu.freehighway.net/ these photos were taken by Geoff another Arillas fan and future resident to be. :D

Eileen

Offline Yvonne

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
New to Arillas
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2004, 07:43:55 PM »
Hi Eileen
I'm really interested in seeing the photos of Arillas on both the web sites you have listed above, after numerous attempts to log on to the sites i have been unsuccessful, please can you help.  :?  many thanks
Love to talk to people who have enjoyed Arillas as much as i have.  :-)

Maggie1

New to Arillas
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2004, 08:59:37 PM »
Hi Nick, Check in with your rep at the airport when you get there. When we went last year, we were given a taxi to get us to Arillas. It usually depends on how many people are going to that area. Also the Tria Adelphia is where we usually stay, and it's great. I'm sure you will love it there. [Just thought you might like to know that] :D

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
New to Arillas
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 01:03:20 AM »
Yvonne,

The links work for me when I click on them.  Why they are not working for you I do not know, but I will email my brother Killie and ask him why they are not working for you.  I'm useless on the techie stuff!! :?

Watch this space!

Eileenx

Offline Yvonne

New to Arillas
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 11:21:27 AM »
Morning Eileen

I am watching this space thank you very much for your help.
(u can bet your bottom dollar it will be something i'm doing wrong  :oops: )

Cheers

Maggie1

New to Arillas
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 08:40:45 PM »
Hi Eileen+Yvonne, The links worked for me! :wink:

Anonymous

New to Arillas
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 09:21:16 PM »
Hi Yvonne

I just had a look at your profile and seen your occupation, dunno if I should type anything after all the fags and drink you guys take off me on the way back from Arrillas and other places. LOL LOL  :D  :D  Only kidding.

I think the problem is at your end Yvonne as it still works for me and others. Are you trying to access this from your home computer or one at work ? if work then perhaps your IT dept has restrictions on what you can view.

If home then possibly your internet security settings are too high, my site has no popups or sinister scripts which pop up blockers would cause a problem with, I'm pretty sure Geoff's site is the same. open your internet options from the tools menu then click the security tab and you can click the default level to Medium. It's probably set to that already.

Are you typing the link into the address bar ? it's preferable just to double click the link in the post. What is the error message being displayed on your screen.

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
New to Arillas
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 09:23:17 PM »
Quote from: Anonymous
Hi Yvonne

I just had a look at your profile and seen your occupation, dunno if I should type anything after all the fags and drink you guys take off me on the way back from Arrillas and other places. LOL LOL  :D  :D  Only kidding.

I think the problem is at your end Yvonne as it still works for me and others. Are you trying to access this from your home computer or one at work ? if work then perhaps your IT dept has restrictions on what you can view.

If home then possibly your internet security settings are too high, my site has no popups or sinister scripts which pop up blockers would cause a problem with, I'm pretty sure Geoff's site is the same. open your internet options from the tools menu then click the security tab and you can click the default level to Medium. It's probably set to that already.

Are you typing the link into the address bar ? it's preferable just to double click the link in the post. What is the error message being displayed on your screen.

Whoops, forgot to login, the above post was me

Killie

Offline Yvonne

New to Arillas
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2004, 07:30:40 PM »
Hi Killie
Thought i would be leaving myself wide open completing the profile :roll: (but hey it pays my morgage) sometimes wonder if i'm in the wrong job tho, if i was on the other side the morgage would be paid off by now  :D  :D  
Did you check my profile to see if i was a real thicko?  :)  glad to say this time it wasn't me it was both the reasons you said 1) work put a block on !! 2) home, my security setting was to high. Sorted it now, had a good look at your photos they are great, will look at them all through the winter just to remind me of what i am missing.
Thank you very much for your help, much appreciated xx

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
New to Arillas
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2004, 10:21:05 PM »
Hi Yvonne,
Welcome to the Arillas Junkie site, after reading some of your past comments your right once you have been to Arillas you can't stop going back, I think there is a couple of us now that go twice a year, which we have for the last 4 years which my brother in law got us into, who is on the forum as Norm & Sandy.
We found all the people very nice and helpful which makes you go back, which is far lot better than back home would you not agree ?
speak soon.

Paul/Deb5

Offline Yvonne

New to Arillas
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2004, 07:37:32 PM »
Hi Paul/Deb5,
Only once in the five years i have been going to Arillas have i managed to get two fixes in of "my little bit of paradise" in the same year, now i just have to dream untill i can actually book my next trip, but come what may i will be there September 2005 :D
As you say the people are so friendly i really don't know of any where else that half matches up to the whole package that Arillas offers, and it seems no matter what your age it has that magic to draw you back.
This web site is just fantastic Dimitris does a great job, i haven't met him yet but that is my priority next year i'v got to at least buy the man a drink for keeping me happy even when i'm not in Arillas  :lol:
Look forward to new posts from all the regulars, take care.
Yvonne x

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Forum Fanatic
New to Arillas
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2004, 11:59:31 PM »
H i Yvonne
Your quite right, its the whole package in one place and it doesn't matter what age you are !!! as shown on my photo!!!! yes you must meet Dimitris so he can put your photo on the Forum ?even eat in his Taverna that his family run, its excellent food and traditionally Greek. As there are plenty of nice places to eat & drink around Arillas. And its strange I don't think we have eaten outside Arillas except in Corfu Town & Mon Amour of course which is just a couple of miles outside Arillas.

Paul/Deb5

Booking.com