Author Topic: Taxi sharing.  (Read 15539 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: Taxi sharing.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 11:00:43 PM »
I dont know how some get away with a "capsule wardrobe".  (Is that the right word?)
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Wendy n Stu

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 11:34:41 PM »
I am useless.  Always end up with overweight luggage.  Last year I was determined so I weighed all the cases in the shop and bought the lightest ones.  Trouble was they were so big I filled them and ended up over again.  I wish I could be more organised, I don't know where I am going wrong except my clothes are big too!  I actually think that I take too many toiletries.  That's my excuse anyway!  Really impressed with anyone who has just hand luggage, unless they have a house there full of summer clothes as that's cheating.  BG - We should get someone to do a list, basic contents of a suitcase and we will try to stick to it : o )

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 11:28:40 AM »
Last year Smiffy had a list... I had far too much, so much more than she did.

I do think its the toiletries... it might be a good idea to buy them out there.  I have started already stocking up on SSS with the offers from Avon.

Offline Cheryl2307

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 12:39:56 PM »
Don't forget, you can always take enough clothes for a week then use the laundry service!  I found it fantastic last year and didn't have the usual 14 loads of washing to do when I got home.  Was really good value but would not recommend you let them wash anything too delicate.
Cheryl O

Offline kriopigi girl

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 12:51:40 PM »

Lindypops please let us know how you do it. I hate packing and always take far too much.

I always have a panic on when checking in.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated   Pauline X

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 01:02:10 PM »
Well ang,kg,bg, Basically I decided that enough was enough at the airport. It was one  of the worst days there that I had seen, and my old man was absolutely done it. Now, don`t get me wrong, I don`t usually feel sympathy for men, but I did that day! Himself being so organised, takes a little steam iron, I do the bits on the rocks, and it`s not really a problem. I buy stuff whilst away too, leave some and put any remaining bits in the man`s bag, when he`s not looking, of course! I buy a lot of my toiletries there etc, so it`s all ok. Bfn.
Lindypops.

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 02:26:05 PM »
Love the new piccie Wendy!!

Yep i make a list each time i go away and i stick to it, every year i panic im going to be over (just a natural feeling i suppose) but every time ive been under by about 4-5kgs!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 02:58:04 PM »
I did try your list Smiffy - will try again this year!

Offline Smiffypink

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 03:09:02 PM »
Go on Sue, you can do it!!!!!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 03:17:59 PM »
Ha ha ha!!  If I took everything then not even Mike could share a taxi with me...:-)

Offline Wendy n Stu

« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 12:48:25 AM »
Smiffy, do me a list and I'll borrow that gorgeous new suitcase of yours!  I have got to cut down.  I am noting all the tips and planning already!  W. x

Offline Paul & Denise

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 02:15:01 AM »
Denise is so organised that she has a list for everything that we need, then when we come home she changes the list to reflect what we really needed so that when yours trully drags the cases out for the next visit,  we have the new list to work to.Got it about right now, if anything it is me who thinks I need to take more!  Weighed them on the scales in the pub toilet  to make sure last year!!

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 09:56:12 AM »
Arrive in Corfu 1615 on Monday May 5th anybody fancy sharing a taxi, we will only have one case each and a little hand luggage. Im detemind to get it right this time.lol. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com