Author Topic: Sailing in Arillas  (Read 3299 times)

Nickb

Sailing in Arillas
« on: October 22, 2004, 04:56:38 PM »
Hi

Is it possible to hire boats in Arillas, i have a little sailing experience and i wonder if i could get hold of one for a days exploring.

Nick
 :D

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
Re-Sailing in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2004, 05:46:14 PM »
Hello Nick,

I don't know anything about boats or hiring them in Arillas, but if you go to http://www.arillas.com/map/  you will see that indicated  on the sea-front there is Arillas Watersports (with a link to it that gives very little information, but a few photos) and also Pedros boat hire.

Sorry that is all I could find,  but at least you know that the facilities are there!

Eileen

Offline carol

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Arillas Addict
Sailing in Arillas
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2004, 09:59:08 PM »
Hi Nick,weve been to arillas twice and weve hired a boat 3 times,we have NO sailing experience what so ever and you dont get much when your there but weve had some really good fun.you can hire the boats from opposite the Marina Hotel,we hired it for 4 hours and paid 42.50 euros and 10 euros for the petrol.Its really good value for money.Just make sure you pick a calm day to do your sailing,the sea can get really choppie and really scarey,theres life jackets on board and they ask you to take your mobile(just in case) another thing DONT drink on board,and im talking about water,if you need the loo your in trouble.i thought id go into the sea for a wee but i couldnt get back into the boat.we ended up near agios georgios and a nudest beach.a very kind naked german man came to our rescue.anyway it didnt put me off and next time we go we,ll hire one again.have fun and stay safe, cx
Im going to become to nanna for the first time in February cx

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
Sailing in Arillas
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2004, 01:24:50 AM »
You've obviously not been sea fishing before  :D  :D  there is a art of hanging on to the gunwale with your back facing downwind  :D  :D

PS in calm conditions of course lol

Booking.com