Author Topic: Insureance and Excusens  (Read 14962 times)

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
Insureance and Excusens
« on: February 05, 2008, 10:29:31 AM »
Has anybody ever been told by a rep come with us because if you go with the firm on the corner you wont be coverd by insurance (ofcourse you have) but according to the tv this morning if they are acting as an agent for a third party you are still not coverdIn this case the lady went on holiday with First Choice and booked her insureance with FC went to the water park with FC had a tragic accerdent which has left her an invaleed but still cant claim as FC was acting as an agent for the firm on the corner.
 If you book your excursion before you leave this country you are coverd by the traval companys insurance but if you book were ever you are with the rep then you only have as much cover as the firm on the corner so to speak.
We have always booked our excusions with locals in Arillas and will certainly continue to do so. Just a warning of which im sure we will read more. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
Re: Insureance and Excusens
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 11:00:58 AM »
That's good to know Viv, I never book through the reps, it costs twice as much, we always book locally.  But I didn't realise that about the insurance.  What a double rip off x

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2008, 12:05:43 PM »
And also very worrying....
Sandy x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:59:15 AM »
Insurance! It should be called "give us your money and we explain why you won't get anything with it". I am sooooo insenced with insurance companies :(

But thank you Viv for a warning!
Life is good ;)

Offline SteveL

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 11:04:10 AM »
A few years ago in Cyprus, a local bus tour operator was offering trips at a good price and if you booked say 3, you got another one for free.  Very good if you wanted to see the island.  The holiday rep advised against using local firms because of the insurance issue.  At the time we had 2 young kids with us so the local firms' prices were better for us and so we booked.  The trips were superb, with an English speaking guide and nearly new, air-conditioned coaches.  What was interesting, was that those who had booked through the rep (and paid an awful lot more) were on the same trips - same guide, same coaches!!!

The same happened with car hire, we were advised to book through the rep, however a local firm's prices were better (including full insurance).  When we went to book a car the person at the car hire company said "I bet your rep advised you against booking with us".  When we said that she had we were told that they supply cars for bookings made through our rep. Same cars, same insurance, higher price!!!

On the question of insurance, it always pays to ask what is covered and to be satisfied with the risk before entering into an agreement.  What someone describes as "full insurance" might only be the barest minimum and often an extra payment can provide fuller protection.

Steve

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 12:02:48 PM »
Also might be worth asking about accidents if another car isnt involved, as has happened with Eggy recently.  He might have some more info on that.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 12:43:09 PM »
we always get an annual policy (it's cheaper if you go away more than once a year) as martin likes to hire a motorbike for a couple of days when we go away, i asked if it would cover that, and was told "if you take reasonable care"  we would be covered, we always ask for a crash helmet anyway (even though they laugh at you for asking)once in kefalonia the crash helmet was way too big for me, they couldn't offer me a smaller one, so the guy told me to wrap a tea towel round my head!!!! anyway, like everyone else i assumed that any trips that were booked with a rep would be covered by the tour company.
ger x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 11:20:10 AM »
I dont think many of us book through the rep, but I think the question to ask in one of these welcome party's while everyone is there are we covered by your insurance are are  your company acting as agent's because I bet half the reps wont know the answer. " not that I want to up set any body but I do think all sales reps should know there product. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 11:21:10 AM »
Well said Viv.

Eileenx

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 04:48:07 PM »
Viv - one word...DICTIONARY!!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 11:25:01 AM »
Jo what does dictionary have to do with this topic?????????

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 06:09:33 PM »
"Insureance and Excusens" - sounds like something from another planet!:-)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 06:29:02 PM »
But we all know what it means and that's the important thing....
Sandy x

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2008, 07:16:22 PM »
Hi Joe, I  dont know if you noticed but in a later posting on this thread I did put both spellings right, it was to late by then to alter the heading, but I do know how to spell Dyslexia without the use of a dictionary. Thanks Sharon and Sandy, Im glad that you were able to take in the infomation in this posting. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2008, 07:23:46 PM »

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com