Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 886091 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2008, 12:29:10 AM »
I managed to see the calender... brilliant idea!  You can see exactly who will be out there at the same time..
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline TerryW

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2008, 10:31:56 PM »
I was just looking at the calendar and thought that it would be good idea to book a table (hopefully a long table) at the Brouklis for a night when we are there together. It could be a fun night eating together and we could keep Dimitris out of mischief.

Its just an idea and it would be difficult to fit in with everyone on a two week stay, due to overlaps.

Eggy and Wegg would just have to cancel their social life for the Summer months as it would be nice if they joined in.

I appreciate that some people will want to "do their own thing" and not want to join in but for myself I think it would be sad to not meet people who I communicate with nearly every day of the year.

Its just another mad idea for a bit of brainstorming.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #92 on: February 27, 2008, 10:57:21 PM »
Dave n Anne,

What browser do you use and how fast is your internet link? I have found that the my.calendars.net site is a bit slow  and connections can time out.

Firefox loads the site faster than Internet Explorer.

There is some software available at  http://www.visualroute.com/lite.html that will help you to trace a route to any web site from your PC. The download is free and is quick to install.

I hope this helps and if it doesn't we will try again till it does work.

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #93 on: February 27, 2008, 11:06:20 PM »
looks like we're on our own the first 2 weeks in August!!
gaygo

riggers

« Reply #94 on: February 27, 2008, 11:10:44 PM »
Hi Gaye
Chorltonfiona is there the first two weeks in August.

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2008, 09:18:41 AM »
No you wont Gaye we arrive on Fri 1st for two weeks.

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2008, 02:51:12 PM »
We did that last year a couple of times with the "Galini Gang".  we met a great crowd of people on our first visit the year before last, then last year we actually were all in Arillas again at the same time and met up for a meal in the Captains.  Didnt recognise everyone with their clothes on!!! ;-)  This year we are all going at different times.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Dave n Anne

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2008, 02:55:12 PM »
TerryW

Hi Terry

I run internet wxplorer on Vista , have tried the visualroute program and even that says that the address does not exist .

Tahnks anyway will keep trying

Dave n Anne

Offline raff

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
    • www.ukfitshape.com
« Reply #98 on: February 28, 2008, 03:36:42 PM »
Hi Gaye. 

As you know we are there from July 21st - August 18th.  Sophia & Abbie can't wait.  Sophie has been telling her friends from last year.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #99 on: February 28, 2008, 03:47:45 PM »
Dave n Anne ,

Try Firefox from www.mozilla.com and I am certain that it will work. The security settings on your IE may be set to high. Windows Defender can also cause connection problems. SP1

If you use a wireless router, turn it off and then turn it back on. This will reset the network settings by assigning a new IP address and rebind the TCP  protocols to the network layer.

Try disabling the firewall before you try the website, but remember to turn it back on again.

I am sure that Firefox will work.

Offline gaye

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #100 on: February 29, 2008, 12:56:08 AM »
lol riggers chorlton fiona is coming with us
gaygo

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #101 on: March 01, 2008, 02:15:25 AM »
11>25th august for me this year.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2008, 06:18:09 PM »
Terry
Just noticed your post of 27th Feb.

I think I've said, on another topic, but what we miss, living in Corfu, is our 4 weeks holiday a year.
Oh to be in Arillas, walking distance to all the Tavernas that we love. Oh to be able to have those few extra drinks and not have to get in a car to get home.
( I can wobble back to a local appt as well as anybody )

We budget for about 56 nights out per year and probably 30 of those are between May to Sept. We are lucky here that Wegg, being a diddy person, has a small appetite and. quite often, has a couple of starters which fill her up. I can order less for me on the understanding that I can dispose of what Wegg doesn't want.

I calculate that we could go out 5 nights every week between May to Sept but in 4 years we would have shaved a year off our living in Corfu budget.
( Pity I can't win the Lotto)

All this said, If we can get to any big evening get together then we will. Even if it's only few a couple of drinks mid evening, just to say hello.
And, too be fair,all some people want is a quick hello.
( Personal time and all that jazz. Nothing wrong there. Holidays aren't appointments )

I love to put faces to names and, as said before, most afternoons I can be found in the Coconut.
To any forum member who hasn't met me then just come and say hello.

( After all - We know when you're here - We have the calendar.!)
Negg

ps. Off course I could get a regular 9-5 in the summer to go out more but then, that's what we came to Corfu to get out of.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2008, 07:28:16 PM »
Hi Eggy. Jen and me just read your post and are lost for words. As usual though, we'll find some...

We also don't see our future life as one long holiday, but like you, we'll miss the anticipation, the packing, the arrival etc. The being able to have one or two too many and waddle up the hill to Annas or Alex's.

Like you, we would love to do Terry's Brouklis night (yes, Terry mate, put our names down - I'll bring the Christopsomo...) If it's only a meet-and-greet or a night-long party, we will love it.

And as for 9 to 5, as far as I'm concerned, Dolly Parton can keep it.

love and best wishes
phil and jenny

Maggie

« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2008, 07:40:14 PM »
Eggy, you could have a week in Arillas, just for a rest! Just think, no flights!!!!!!!

Booking.com