Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 890526 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2008, 04:59:07 PM »
Maggie
We did think of that. Renting our house for a month and staying in an appt.
Don't think so though.
Negg

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2008, 06:27:27 PM »

Hi everybody,

We're going back in May from the 17th to the 25th & we're staying in rooms above the Brouklis!
I'm so excited, I can hardly contain myself!

Christian & I came to Arillas for the first time last September & like so many of you - fell for it hook, line & sinker!
We had always promised ourselves a trip to the Island in Spring time as we traditionally go early Sept.
We stayed at the Akti last year, but I was really keen to try & do it independantly this time round as the costs of flights, accomodation just wasn't doing it for me I'm afraid!

Anyway, long story short. We've booked through Easy Jet - cracking deal on the flights from Gatwick & we also get an extra night which I'm certainly not complaining about.
I'm really pleased to be staying at the Brouklis & meeting Dimitris & family & I hope there will be some forum members around when we're there?

On a slightly different note. I was on the Easy Jet website ( fairly obvious considering we're flying with them)&they also taxi runs form the Airport to all the various resorts.
Out of curiousity I looked at the cost to Arillas & what they're asking is considerably more than Dimitris' cousin - so I know who I'm booking with & I reckon we're really lucky folks - 50 Euros without the hassle of waiting for the coach etc is SO worth it!

Glad I could share our news & would be interested to hear how other folk are making their way there?

I would like to say 'hello' Eggy as you are it has to be said, a bit of a legend, but I'm a bit shy & don't want to hassle you!
I'm sure after a large glass of wine, I might overcome my nerves though!

See you all soon!

PS: It's my 37th birthday at the end of the month. I tried to stick it on the calendar, but not sure if I got it right?!?
Oh boy! I'm getting old!!

Becky B.

riggers

« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2008, 07:04:40 PM »
Hi Becky.
What a Grand post you just done there.

You don't need a Large glass of Wine to say Hello to Eggy. He's a nice Chap (Honestly). He also doesn't bite, well i don't think he does. A glass of Ouzo and he's anyones.LOL.
Happy Holidays...

Riggers.....

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #108 on: March 04, 2008, 07:21:05 PM »

Aw! Shucks!
Thanks for saying that Riggers - that was really kind of you!

The thing is, most people would be more than fine if you were to approach them & mentioned the forum etc. I think it's just a case of being slightly reserved & not wanting to 'bug' people - after all, it is their holiday.
But you're right. I'm sure Eggy would be fine if I popped over & said 'hello'.

I'm so excited. May can't come quickly enough now. When are you going?

riggers

« Reply #109 on: March 04, 2008, 07:25:36 PM »
We are going twice. June 10th - 24th and  Sept 9th- 23rd.
Can't wait like yourself.

Riggers..

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2008, 10:21:55 AM »
OOO my, Your post has just brought our first day ever in Arillas to mind.
We went to see Dimitris and there was this chap in the corner that Dimitris introduced us to, we were polite and said hello then our meal came so we got on with it. At the end of the night this guy came over to say goodnight and of he went. I turned round to Pete and said "I dont know if im ment to know that fella or not his not to friendly is he maybe his shy" and we carried on with our everning. The next day we went for a walk and the same guy came up to us and said " I didn't like to join you on your table as I didn't want to impose on your holiday". These days when we get to Arillas we cant wait to see this fella and his wife. Yep youve guessed it Eggy and Wegg and believe me they could never be imposition if they tried. We love them both, dont worry about being shy you dont have to think of things to talk about Eggy will lead the conversation for you. LOL Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2008, 10:59:06 AM »
When we went to Arillas last year after a couple of day's we went "Eggy Hunting".
Walked into the Coconut and saw a guy with a shaved head.
So I goes over and say's to him "Are you Eggy"?
This bloke looked at me as if I'd just murdered all of his family !
Wrong bloke !
Anyway we met him a little bit later and he wasn't half as scary as the first guy !
Just be careful who you ask is "Eggy" in a bar !
Hope I don't burn !

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2008, 11:11:23 AM »

But you're right. I'm sure Eggy would be fine if I popped over & said 'hello'.

Eggy doesn't mind one little bit. But as Viv said, and very nicely too, we never like to impose on anyone's holiday. We beleive that holidays are very personal to all.
However, if someone says, " Im in the Coconut/Malibu tomorrow,fancy an ouzo?"................

But we are back in England for a wedding on the 22nd May so, depending what flight we get home we may not be here that week. ( possibly be around on the 17th/18th )

Cheers
Negg

Offline Lisa and Steve

• JustLisa
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2008, 06:01:11 PM »
My hubby gets people saying "are you Eggy".WE find this quite funny,especially when the real Eggy is hiding in the corner.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2008, 06:09:57 PM »
Lisa d,

I have a feeling that Helen and myself sat by you when we had our first ever meal in Brouklis, last year. I asked you about Eggy, and you said he wasn't there that night but you did point out blondegirl to me.

It was the first time that we had met any forum members and the first time we had met Dimitris. That was only 8 month ago but it seems like years.

TerryW

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2008, 07:06:34 PM »

This has turned out to be a really funny little thread!

Maybe we should all get t'shirts?

We could have two types on the go. One that reads " I've met Eggy & have the T'shirt to prove it!"

And another one (for mere novices like me) that reads, " I'm looking for Eggy" on one side & on the other side " Ouzo Anyone?"

We could even try themed ones - what about the Easter T'shirt that might read " I'm on an Egg(y) Hunt!"

Sorry. That was really, really corny wasn't it!

What does everyone else think?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2008, 07:20:18 PM »
OR..................................

Dimitris @ Brouklis could sell "Donkeys Hind Legs" with a printed warning.
" You will need these in case you meet Eggy ! "

Everyone picks on me 'cause I'm such a nice person.
( And I don' drink a lot of Ouzo, I spill most of it ! )
Eggy

Offline BeckyB

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2008, 07:31:34 PM »

That's a great logo Eggy - a lot more catchier than mine & seeing as we're staying at the Brouklis when we come back in May, I think I should be the first to 'model' it - unless other Forum members can think of other snappy 'Eggy T'shirt logo's!!!

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2008, 07:38:51 PM »
Ok did it again
Booked for July fly out 14th 10pm from Birmingham for two weeks (Christos Apartments)
But lets get the Week in May done first (Tria-Adelphia)
cant wait on both counts

riggers

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2008, 08:08:21 PM »
Well done to you John. You just couldn't resist it eh?.

riggers...

Booking.com