Author Topic: When is everybody going.  (Read 885413 times)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: When is everybody going.
« Reply #210 on: May 12, 2008, 01:12:00 PM »
If you are reading this at work, spare a thought for these people who are in Arillas today.

I am reading this at work and giving out a deep sigh with a twinge of jealousy.
But on the bright side: ONLY 25 sleeps to D-day :D
Life is good ;)

Offline patrickjohn

• Lincolnshire Yellow Belly
  • ARILLIAC
  • PJM
« Reply #211 on: May 12, 2008, 01:19:19 PM »
That little green frog on your ticker will soon hop along to departure day which must be about 6th June.
Sadly we'll have come back six days earlier so will miss you, but never mind I hope that most of us forum folk will meet up sooner or later in Arillas.
Best wishes
PJ

My book"A Policemance Tale" at Amazon
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B8BD9MWM

Offline Paul D

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »
Hi,everyone. Just been reading this about when people are off to Arillas. Heather and I hopefully will be there at end of August/first week September. Last year we came back from Jimmy and Spiros Rainbow on 15 October. First week was great- second week a washout. What have other peoples` experiences been in October? End of September will be the latest for us,I think. As soon as we leave to come home,we miss the place. For me its the tranquility that does it. We head off yo Kerkyra when we need some excitement. Even tho we`ve been three times before,any extra info would be gratefully received by us both. Bye for now,Arillas freaks!!!!!!!
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #213 on: May 13, 2008, 12:20:15 AM »
Hi Paul, we go on the 11th September for two weeks.  This will be the first time we have been in September so we are hoping it wont be a "washout" as well.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #214 on: May 13, 2008, 12:32:36 AM »
Just posted this a minute ago but it seems to have got lost, so here goes again....

Hi Paul

We are hoping to be in Arillas for all of September including our 36th anniversary, so might see you there. Still working on it...

We were also there for the last week of the season - your second week. Yes it rained a lot, but we seemed to get past that. I even swam in the sea - it was really quite warm.

Met Eggy in the Coconut twice, and he took a picture of us which he posted in Arillas Today. We were newbie forum members then and barely knew anything about it. 400 posts later, they seem to believe I'm now an Arillas Expert....lol

We did find that we ate and drank more than usual, but ask others about that....

Come rain or shine, we just love to renew all our friendships and make new ones. That is the essence of Arillas. As Terry says, there are no strangers, only friends you have yet to meet. We even welcomed an Arillas local to our house near Glastonbury this year.

You sound like you are becoming Arillas Addicts. From our experience it only takes once!

Best wishes
Phil

Offline Paul & Denise

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #215 on: May 13, 2008, 02:41:44 AM »
Paul, We were at Rainbow staying in Dionysis 2  for the same 2 weeks as you!! Week 2 was a wash out -mini tornado at sea and all, but we still had a great time as always. back again 30 September for two weeks, hogging the bar stools!!
Best wishes
Paul & Denise

Offline dwg69

« Reply #216 on: May 13, 2008, 08:31:55 AM »
I have just ten days to go

Derek

ps Tickets not here yet :(

Poise is the art of raising the eyebrow instead of the roof

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2008, 09:43:17 AM »
the missus, myself and our 4 year old arrive at mirage studios on 10th june. I've been to Arillas once before and loved it, hope it has'nt changed too much.

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »
Hello garythebike,

Welcome to the forum and I believe Arillas has changed too much :)

See you in the Forum Corner either tuesday 10th or 17th in the Coconut and I believe it is happening also in Malibu as well on Thursdays :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #219 on: May 13, 2008, 06:31:10 PM »
Welcome to the forum and I believe Arillas has changed too much :)

It should read actually : I believe Arillas has NOT changed too much

Pardon my french :D

Life is good ;)

Offline johnandlynn

« Reply #220 on: May 13, 2008, 08:57:09 PM »
hi paul we are going to arrilas at the same time as you we tried mid august....too hot so we tried end of september too cold for night swimming so last week in august firsr of september sounds ideal. we have always stayed at annas where are you staying?

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #221 on: May 13, 2008, 11:12:31 PM »
Hi,everyone. Thanks for the replies. To Paul and Denise, I do remember you. You were in the next room to us. And, yes, there was a tornado at sea. I`ll never forget it. Luckily it didn`t turn inland. Thanks also to you all for welcoming me to this fab forum. Got a problem tho folks. Heather loves Arillas,but she wants to go to Rome before we head back. So I have to use my charm to persuade her to return in Aug/Sep. I am definitely interested in meeting forum members in resort. If we do book,it looks like being last minute, so it could be any accomodation. Perhaps we`ll tme it for the festival. If we don`t make it this year, we`ll definitely make it next year. Has anyone stayed at Marvelous hotel and what was it like?
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #222 on: May 14, 2008, 01:09:01 AM »
hi paul

was it 2002? here is Marika's picture of it - stunning! She is the forum's adopted photographer and for very good reasons...

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/7181/tornadoxz1.jpg

You can find it in the picture gallery on the site.

If you're out in Arillas in September, every chance we will be about. We will be partying on our 36th wedding annivsersary on 23rd, and Anna's Kostas birthday is on same day, so hope to see you then!!

Black Russians all round...
Phil

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #223 on: May 14, 2008, 01:11:45 AM »
will look out for you then phil... we are there 11-25th Sept.  we had our 36th this year in April too.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #224 on: May 14, 2008, 01:59:46 AM »
hi BG
we kept up with your 36 earlier in the year, and so glad you had a wonderful anniversary! Gets easier the more it is.....

Still not fixed for September but it will be when we get back after July. Will post details then. We're going anyway - just the silly details to sort out like cat-care. Jen and me agreed it again tonight.

take care
Phil

Booking.com