Author Topic: Webcam on Horizon  (Read 44111 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Webcam on Horizon
« on: February 24, 2008, 03:28:19 PM »
This poor ole webcam is on it's last legs as most of us,who have viewed the daily pictures, can testify.

Full credit to Dimitris here for rallying round local Taverna/Appt/Hotel owners to contribute to a new webcam. Plus, I'm told, the "home" support of UK Villa owners.
( You all know who you are - I won't embarrass by namimg names )
All these businesses recognise how important this is to all Arillas regulars and also in promoting Arillas to the standard of clientele to which it is targeted.

They've done their bit.
So. how about we do ours?  
Just a suggestion to any of us that have bought an " Arillas CD"
How about we donate the money towards a new webcam? Our 45 euro plus contribution on it's own will go a long way when added to all the others and very soon there is a new webcam and much more better pictures that we can all appreciate.
( And if you haven't bought the CD yet then do your bit this year! )
Your comments are welcome all.

Cheers
Negg

Maggie

Re: Webcam on Horizon
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 05:30:35 PM »
Neill, thats a very good idea. (I'm embarrassed cos I forgot to get my cd last Sept. )
 I will however collect one in June. I think most of us forumites would be happy for the money to go towards a new webcam. It is after all, us watching it every day!.

riggers

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 05:53:02 PM »
Yes thats a goood idea Neil. I'll be having my Copy.

Riggers..

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 06:12:15 PM »
Like friend riggers we will get ours in July. New webcam perfect!

phil and jenny

Offline suzanne simcox

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »
Hi Eggy, No problems use our Euros for any thing in Arillas, and the web cam is the perfect thing to put it towards, as we look at it every day on the Tinternet, hehe ;) As we bought ours last September, and it is played very often. XX

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008, 07:53:21 PM »

Sounds good Eggy.

We benefit, new site members benefit and our friends with business's in Arillas benefit.
:)

Offline sue

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008, 09:18:04 PM »
i agree great idea
suexx

Offline Baldy Barry

• Forum Fanatic
    • myspace.com
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008, 10:43:11 AM »
Great idea Eggy !
Can we have one with surround sound ?
Hope I don't burn !

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008, 02:44:19 PM »
I am just catching up with a few posts because I have had the "Eggy Lurgy" all weekend and the last thing that I felt like doing was to look at a laptop screen.

I made a suggestion quite a while ago now about members subscribing to a new webcam and I will certainly donate some money. I still need to pay for my CD, so I will now give €20 instead of €10. I just wish that there was a way of getting the money to Arillas before I go next July.

The pleasure of seeing the pictures from the webcam everyday, is priceless and  I even have the webcam on my Firefox Homepage, so I can see it as soon as the browser is launched.

The work that Dimitris puts into this website and forum is just amazing and it must also be a worry to him, at times, as well. The security aspect can be a nightmare ( as seen on another post today).

There is one other thing that can easily be taken for granted, and that is that Dimitris is a person who could be trusted 120%. This may seem an odd thing to say, but we all know that whatever money we put into a fund, it will be spent on the website. The forum and website has not been setup as a commercial  venture and the daily effort put in by Dimitris needs to be helped as much as possible.

From my experience it is not just the cost of a webcam that needs funding, it is the additional costs of installation, maintenance, software and cabling. If all the forum members and the local businesses just donated €10 each we could have a webcam that would give us all, many years of enjoyment.

I am sure that there must be a way of making donations on something like PayPal.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 03:12:36 PM »
If this becomes a serious consideration maybe I could help as I am going to Arillas before the start of the season and I have a Nationwide account that I use for out there....no payment for withdrawals....just a thought.
Sandy x

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 03:29:51 PM »
Hi Sandy, that's such a kind gesture. :-)

I paid my donation to Dimitris via Paypal, but I shall leave Dimitris to inform everyone which method suits him best.  I'll pm him just now.

Eileenx

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »
I promise I wouldn't spend it all on retsina....I just thought this might give everyone better value for money but others can advise me better I'm sure.
Sandy x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »
Count me in, whichever way we can donate. x 

Terry sorry to hear you've had that awful man flu, poor baby.  Did you cheer up watching man utd slaughter newcastle! hehehe

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2008, 03:52:23 PM »
I promise I wouldn't spend it all on retsina....I just thought this might give everyone better value for money but others can advise me better I'm sure.

Sandy there could never be enough to keep you in Retsina :o

I don't know if it's better value either...I haven't much a clue about these things. :-(

Eileenx

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2008, 05:12:35 PM »
Sharon,

I need more sympathy than just a "poor baby". I didn't watch the United match but I saw the highlights - a good win, maybe they will winn the Premiership after all.

Eileen, Sandy.

If Sandy drinks the retsina on the deck at the Horizon it would be worth paying for a better webcam to be able to watch the drinking session live.

Booking.com