Author Topic: House or land hunting around Arillas  (Read 11647 times)

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
House or land hunting around Arillas
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2004, 07:48:30 PM »
We have got a Greek bank account with Alpha Bank and, having now bought, we are looking at how best to finance the build of the house.  We have looked at the mortgage offers with the bank and the best rate appears to be about 5.00 - 6.00%, not 3.25%.  We assume that banks are probably not the best places to get a mortgage from, in much the same way as in England, but do not know where else to go.  Anyone have any more information about the best place to get a Greek mortgage??

Offline Paul/Deb5

• Arillas regular visitor
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2004, 11:48:14 PM »
Hi Eggy
we have done the same as Eileen as she knows, but rather than advertise to much on the Forum we have sent private messages ,as we are still in personel transactions !!!!!  but we do have a contact, whom we know would be more than happy to give you the right advise and they live in Arillas, also they are English, if you wish to have there e-mail address let me know ?

regards     Paul/Deb5

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2004, 05:45:01 PM »
Eggy,

I take it that you have checked out the housing loan pages of the Alpha Bank, where all the various loans and interest rates are listed?

Here is the address for anyone who may be interested.  http://www.alpha.gr/page.asp?PageID=192&Lang=2

Eileen.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
House hunting in and around Arillas
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2004, 07:20:51 PM »
Thanks very much to those of you who have given us help and advice with this.  We did check the mortgage offers on the Alpha Bank website but thought that there must be some better deals out there.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
House or land hunting in Arillas
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2004, 08:20:41 PM »
Harold / Eileen
Digging deep into "The old grey matter" I think these 2 houses on the corner, as you come down into Arillas, may be something to do with Spiro & Olga at Arillas Travel. I seem to remember asking Dimitris this question and am sure that was the answer he gave me. - Retsina can play tricks with the mind though!

Offline Ivan

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2004, 09:01:33 PM »
Eggy,
      as I remember you are right about the Arillas Travel connection because we inquired as well
                             Ivan

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
House / Land hunting around Arillas
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2004, 02:12:31 AM »
Thanks for that. Retsina can play funny tricks sometimes.

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2004, 12:55:33 PM »
Eggy,

I'm glad someone else has the same problem with the Retsina as me...perhaps it's something to do with the quantity I consume :roll:

Eileen

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2004, 01:03:05 PM »
Hello Eggy,
You are quiet correct about the house's It was Olga that told us about them.Sally and I never have any problems with Retsina we sometimes are able to walk back to our apartment in a straight line :lol:
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline killie

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • Cramond Angling Club
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2004, 03:10:29 PM »
Eileen has a a very large ball of wool which she ties one end onto her door handle when she leaves home to come and visit me. It's the only guaranteed method of her finding her way home LOL  :D

Booking.com