Author Topic: flight change  (Read 18147 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
flight change
« on: February 27, 2008, 12:17:14 PM »
had a letter from thomas cook this morning, they have changed our flights, we were travelling friday to friday, they have now changed..... monday to monday!! martin was supposed to work the weekend that we were due back!  he has to speak to his boss, see if there's any way round it, if not, well, saw on the website this morning that there is a flight from exeter so perhaps we can change to that. so much hassle! just hope we can get it sorted soon. the same thing happened last year, i think they must re organise all the flights around easter time. it's just so annoying!!! sorry to moan! but it's upstting when you thought everything had been arranged.
ger x

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
Re: flight change
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008, 12:37:32 PM »
Oh my! Fingers crossed that Martin gets it sorted :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Eileen

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »
Ger, don't you dare apologise, you are entitled to complain it's just so annoying. The flight price will be so much dearer now to re-book with another operator in order to fly from your preferred airport .

This year XL stopped flying from Newcastle on a Friday evening.  It was a great flight for us as it meant one day's less holiday taken off Keith's annual entitlement. :-(

Good luck with your Exeter flight.

Eileenx

Offline donna@colin

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2008, 06:28:35 PM »
just had a letter to say our flight has been changed from monday 1450 to 2310 coming back at0515 on tuesday instead of 1430 monday afternoon as the flight has been cancelled by thomas cook any one else had same trouble

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2008, 06:46:19 PM »
B***dy annoying these changes. You book a flight at hours or days to suit and then they change to, in my view, unsociable times.

Maybe they refund a little of the cost especially when you go from day flights to overnight flights ?
Negg

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2008, 07:11:37 PM »
We agree totally with Eggy. Changing from day to night flights should enable you to either get a substantial refund, or find an alternative, then cancel on a full refund and book the new one, but we bet neither are on offer (at least without strings attached.)

We sometimes book night flights because they are significantly cheaper than daytime ones - fair enough - our own choice. But they entail arriving at your resort very late at night and that awful next day when you get home, feeling drained, even ill from the disruption to body clcoks.

We would push hard for a big concession if we were in your shoes.

philandjen

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 10:38:26 PM »
Our flight to Rhodes with T Cook in June has been changed from a morning to an afternoon flight and return from early afternoon to after midnight, this is happening all over the UK with flights to Rhodes by TC aircraft.
We are going with Olympia from Leeds/Bradford airport on a TC aircraft and were told that as the times were less than 12 hours later than advertised we will not be compensated.
It could be back to twice a year to Arillas in future. My only hope is that TC do not change the 0830 from Manchester to Corfu, we have travelled on that many times and do not want to fly later. TC not my favourite people ???
Mick (rant over)

Offline wayne

• arillas trip 6
  • Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 02:07:55 AM »
i have also had a flight time change with thomas cook;instead of a 06.05 am departure i now leave at 10.30 am and on my return it has gone from 12-15 to 16.40 very annoying when you have to go to work the next day.

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 06:26:43 PM »
T Cook just sort of cheered me up a bit. Septembers flight to Corfu from Manchester has been changed from 0840 to 0735 so we get to Arillas earlier but the bad part is that we have to leave earlier and loose 25 minutes away from Arillas this time. At least they haven't moved it to a later flight (yet) like our June holiday.
TTFN Mick.

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 09:39:30 PM »
We have had the same problem with Thomas Cook. They have changed our flights to Ibiza both ways in May. Our return flight is now 13 hours later and we don't arrive in Gatwick until 4am which is awful with young children. The worst thing is that it is impossible to get through to their customer services and they don't reply to e-mails so what do you do ? I think their customer service is the pits. We are travelling to Arillas in July with Thomson hopefully we won't have the same problem. Maybe Joe can advise of a miracle way to actually getting through to Thomas Cook customer service department. I have been trying to get through for 2 days now with no luck .

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 04:55:03 AM »
Can't help you with Thomas Cook but when you get to Arillas, life will take on a new and better feeling. All your worries will dissolve and disappear. After one day you can even get over a bereavement. Arillas is true "colour of magic" just join the club.

It's worth it....

phil

riggers

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 05:08:29 AM »
I wish Thomson would change our flight times. We dont get to Arillas till near midnight.

riggers..

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 05:29:37 AM »
hi riggers.

We've never been very practical but in your situation we always had a full bottle of vodka and a couple of tins of coke in our hand luggage. When we had been awake all night and ourselves and  our luggage were dumped in the road in Sidari at 6 am it came in very handy.

First time in Arillas then, but the rest is history. I've posted about most of it since. But the best is yet to come....

lol
lots of love
phil and jenny

riggers

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 05:34:21 AM »
Never thought of that Phil. lol

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 11:39:46 AM »
They never seem to change the flight times for the better. We never really wanted to go to Ibiza but booked it because the price was good and the flight times were great, when they changed them I was going to ask if because the change was so great we could cancel and re-book for Corfu instead but they are impossible to contact. They promise to reply to e-mails within 2 days but they don't.

Booking.com