Author Topic: flight change  (Read 18155 times)

Offline beachbum

• Arillas regular visitor
Re: flight change
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:53 PM »
Just to add to this one, we booked Skiathos for May and they have cancelled loads of flights. Whils't the flight is the same they have cancelled the accomodation and have moved our resort choice.  This was with Olympic but it seems to be happenning all around.  There is nothing on the Skiathos website in comparrison to other years. We just hope nothing changes for Arillas come October.   

Looking forward to Arllas being the same

Regards

Beachbum

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »
Just read in Greece magazine that Olympic are stopping all unprofitable routes so that it can operate without the state aid which has been necessary to keep it afloat for years.

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 04:22:06 PM »
Just had a letter our times were
1100hrs manchester
1615hrs corfu and coming back
corfu 1745
manchester 1915 now we fly at
manchester 0800
corfu1315 and coming back
corfu 1445
manchester 1545
not often you get a change for the better, I hope it stayes as it is. Monach flight by the way. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

riggers

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 05:37:08 PM »
Lucky you Viv.

Hope this happens to me .....

riggers...

Offline sheila

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 10:37:01 PM »
We fly out on the 8th Sep from Manchester up to now our flight times with Thomas Cook have changed twice but the good news is we get to Arillas earlier.
SHEILA

Offline ALLYN

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2008, 02:32:33 PM »
We booked holidays with a Tuesday flights with Thompson to fly from Cardiff to Corfu in July and September. We have just been told the flights have been cancelled and that we are now flying from Gatwick. They were however pleased to tell us that we could either cancel without penalty or fly from Gatwick without paying any extra supplement. Which is a bit rich given it costs more to fly from Cardiff.

In the event we managed to switch the September flight to a Friday from Cardiff, but given the late notice have had to bite the bullet and accept the July flight from Gatwick.

This is annoying given that we booked early and its going to cost us quite a bit to get to Gatwick

Offline donna@colin

« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2008, 06:39:26 PM »
we have now cancelled our holiday as thomas cook were so unhelpfull and wouldnt even drop the flight supp we had payed for our day flights will now try to get a flight through someone else

Offline kes

• Forum Fanatic
  • Relax
    • Relax in Arillas
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2008, 08:48:04 PM »
Hmm...looking like its going to be a repeat of last years fiasco`s..

Offline M n M

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2008, 10:17:06 PM »
Just got another letter from T C. flights changed to 30 mins earlier both ways, we donn't fly untill 28th September so plenty of time to change again. Mick

riggers

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2008, 10:21:24 PM »
And no doubt it will.......

Offline Jersey Bean

• Arillas Addict
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2008, 01:14:45 AM »
Just a quick question to donna@colin. Did you lose any money when you cancelled with Thomas Cook as that is what we wanted to do. You are right they are extremely unhelpful, the only way we managed to contact them was by e-mail and they refused us any help and told us that if we cancelled we would lose 50% of our holiday even though they had changed our flight times by 13 hours. This woman called Fiona even told us that we could not make any changes to our booking unless we called in (we had been trying the phone number for a week without luck (8p a minute to listen to recorded music for up to an hour at a time) and could not make any requests by e-mail as the people responsible for cancellations etc did not have e-mail (how likely is that in this day and age). The local Thomas Cook would not help as we had booked direct on the internet.

riggers

« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2008, 03:05:24 AM »
Now i am starting to panic, i booked with thomson as soon as i came home last june for june this year. Nothing about change of flight times yet.
Time to ring them i think to make sure they have my booking.

Nine weeks on Tuesday....Roll on........................................

riggers....

Offline RUSSELL

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2008, 12:15:48 AM »
HI
Is anyone flying out on the 29th of September from Manchester at 20.45 i think it is a monarch flight, if so have they heard if there as been any time changes.
          Thanks
        Russell

Offline donna@colin

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2008, 11:11:06 AM »
lost £100 as we had only paid a low deposit but still would of been better in my pocket than theirs

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2008, 02:33:11 PM »
Hi Kes, looks like you could be right, It started last year with XL and then Thompsons joined them. I think the only one's that didnt change where Monach and I know they have this year just lucky this time that it was to out advantage. Hope everybody else manages to get to Arillas without the troubles of last year. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Booking.com