Author Topic: arillas.com my view  (Read 98422 times)

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
Re: arillas.com my view
« Reply #45 on: June 03, 2013, 03:30:26 PM »
Talking of which I should have come in to see you last week and say HI but I didn't :-( . Next year .......
Wolverhampton Wanderers, pride of The Midlands......

Offline JohnTheRef&Dot

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • First star to the right and straight on to Arillas
« Reply #46 on: June 03, 2013, 10:09:19 PM »
Going back for a third time karl

Said you would get HOOKED
CAUGHT IN THE ARILLAS NET...... #GOTYA

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2013, 12:28:49 AM »
It's a fair cop John ! Lol
Yes , hopefully booking the rooms tomorrow and then will be all over Easyjet like a tramp on a bag of chips as soon as they release for May 2014! He he

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2014, 07:35:27 PM »
How we used to share! Just read this thread again, and feel even more strongly that sound-bites and instant humour is all that counts to so many. FaceTube means that tomorrow it will all be gone, say what the hell you like today. I am obviously guilty of that as well, usually under the influence.....

The forum that I adore has connected me to folk I now count as true friends. Arillas and my Greek friends are at the top of my agenda in spite of them all. Sorry folks, it is Arillas and being there that diverts me from ny rural Somerset idyllic life in UK.

The forum is a way for me to spend time with them. Facebook is a duty for me - but I prefer the forum.

Phil

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »
Me too Phil. My forum visits are as vital as brushing my teeth :)

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2014, 09:25:29 PM »
Me too Phil. My forum visits are as vital as brushing my teeth :)

...and wine Wednesday...and pre-weekend wine...and so on ;-) x

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2014, 09:31:08 PM »
Jo meluvver, all of my teeth are plastic. But like yous and family, my obsession with Arillas is real. We both have our close friends here in UK and there in Arillas. They keep us sane. But it is not a closed community. As much as folk who don't understand try to trash it. Hope to buy yous a mojito next July

Phil

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2014, 11:55:02 PM »
And I just miss John even though he lives just up the road . . . .
Night all

Offline Val n Bill

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2014, 12:56:11 AM »

Me too Karl, think if we didn't live so from him we would be seeking him  and Dot out for weekend drinks, which is quite funny really as we have only ever chatted when in Arillas, we have never had a drink with them. Need to change that next time we meet.

Val x
The love affair continues.

Offline Truth

• ARILLIAC
  • Be lucky.....
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2014, 02:39:27 PM »
I have met him loads of times , but he has always been dressed in black and giving me a rollocking for being a "gobby little you know what" on the pitch !  LOL .
He has been a help with info , as many have , on here , especially before we knew the place.
Listen to me talking like a veteran  , I have only been twice !  he he
I am sure you will meet them again in Arillas and grab that drink !

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2014, 03:12:03 PM »
I hope the forum keeps going keeping us all in touch, but looking at the stats, it would appear that 'facebook' and 'twitter' and the like are reducing the number of posts here by a large amount as every year goes by. I have never used either, they seem 'shallow' and pointless to me, but that's my view. Probably OK if you have a large circle of people to 'tweet' etc. but from what I have seen of it, 'had breakfast in town' etc., a waste of time. Emails replace the Royal Mail for letters, I am a Dinosaur, and would rather stay that way.
Long live Arillas.com!

Offline harold

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2014, 04:57:51 PM »
Face book Huh,went on there once got insulted,thought i can do without this sillyness and promtly quit.
As one of the oldtimers on this site and the old one,i still love coming on here.The webcam helps get over the back to work blues.Also this site is very much needed for the information on Arillas alone.All i can say is we all need it and i wish i had such a good hobby.Dimitris knows my veiws so will leave it at that.
Harold,
Theres only one Altrincham FC

Offline martin-w

• Forum Fanatic
  • Arillas, my second home!
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2014, 05:39:48 PM »
Well said Harold. I have my 'daily fix' on the webcam and catch-up on all the news, it's an 'essential' part of my day, especially in all this gloom and wet of our British winter. It's the 'light at the end of the tunnel' as far as I am concerned. Keeps us good friends in contact throughout the year. Not sure what happens on 'facebook' or 'twitter', but on the Arillas website, you can 'look back' if needed and re-read old posts and memories.
Again a BIG thank you Dimitris for all you do, it's so much appreciated.
Martin.

Offline momo

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2014, 12:48:44 AM »
It's sad to think the forum is used less now. I much prefer it to Facebook. Thanks Dimitri for the work you put into it. x

Offline Geoff

• Corfiotophile
  • Arillas Addict
    • http://www.geoff-and-sue.freehighway.net
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2014, 10:44:20 AM »
It's sad to think the forum is used less now.
I'm not so sure that the forum is used any less than it was, just that Facebook appears to be busier due to all the inane and pointless posts like Martin mentioned - I mean, who cares that you had breakfast in town, or that the man next to you on the bus is snoring, and all the silly "Share" motos about what a wonderful person a grandmother/mother/ son/ daughter/ grandchildren is(are). We KNOW that!
The content of this forum is far more meaningful, and much more helpful - not just to us "old-timers" who forget things, but to newcomers as well, because it is so easy to search and find things that were posted years ago - like this actual thread that was started more than 6 years ago! You try finding a piece of useful information that was posted on Facebook by one of your "Friends" (but you can't remember which one) 6 weeks ago - No Chance!
There are other reasons why I believe this forum will always be better than FaceTwit, but I have already posted them on this thread (« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2013, 01:05:20 PM ») so I won't bore you again. But just because there are fewer posts it does not mean that people are losing interest in this site - many are like me, they may not post a lot but they are here every day looking at the webcam, reading through old threads, and just enjoying being part of a community of very special people that are "ArillasDotCom"
Home is where the heart is - CORFU :-)

Booking.com