Author Topic: Naturism in Arillas  (Read 97061 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Naturism in Arillas
« on: March 03, 2008, 12:18:39 AM »
Jen and I have been visiting naturist beaches since we met in 1970. When we first came to Arillas and found the laid back attitude and the ease of getting to the far end of the beach I was quoted to say "I've died and gone to heaven." Mostly you have to risk life and limb to get to a naturist beach, and as we get older that just isn't an option.

The point of naturism is innocence - no clothes and no issues. Mostly we meet people of the same persuasion. And body beautiful they ain't. I have always loved viv's line "stay nude it ain't rude."

In an age when sexualisation of teenagers or even children is accepted, I for one welcome the way the people of Arillas just ignore all that and let us get on with it.

Green mud is fun. Why is it only the Germans seem to be able to let all the rubbish go and enjoy what Adam and Eve apparently should have....

phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Naturism in Arillas
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 12:24:05 AM »
I totally agree Phil (and jen)....complete freedom. If you'd have told me in my twenties or thirties I'd be going to a naturist beach, I wouldn't have believed you but as you grow older you lose all those inhibitions. My kids thought I'd lost the plot at first....probably still do!....but they just accept it now.

And think what I save on bathing suits.....
Sandy x

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 12:34:12 AM »
I love the idea of being free. Nature intended us that way. I burst out and streaked along a beach in Corunna 1968, and it was bliss.
Lindypops.

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »
I always go topless but I honestly cannot see the point in going bottomless as well!!!!!!!!

But hey, that's just my opinion, and I am not saying that you lot are wrong in going the whole hog.

Amanda

riggers

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »
Yes i just about manage to go topless aswell. Lol

RiGGERS....

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2008, 01:56:20 AM »
The naturist beach has some very good write-ups in the online naturist community.

It is accessible - very important to Jen and me - cliff paths and silly walks are no longer our lives or even possible for both of us.
Laid back - tolerant atttitudes of the locals, some of whom join us there. 
Very few if any gorpers and (struggling for the words) w*****s. (Gropers???) You can always get rid of them!
Green mud! See other threads.
The sea is warm and shallow and even the least able swimmers can swim naked in the sea. It is a liberating experience, even after a hundred times.
The sand is really soft and comfortable to be on.
There are bar facilities at Kaloudis just a little textile walk away. Feeling hot and wanting a Mythos - put your shorts/bikini on and its just about 200 yards.

The beach and all it's aspects is a real feature of Arillas - not in your face but there. Naturists like us beware - you will never go anywhere but here.....

phil

Offline holliepos

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 04:10:22 PM »
I think it should be pointed out to those thinking of visiting Arillas for the first time, who may be worried about the presence of a naturist beach, it only takes place in a certain section of the beach.

It is some distance from the main beach and is only really visible with the aid of binoculars ( - available from Alex's Supermarket!)

Only joking (- about the binoculars , I mean).

Seriously 'though, there are people, I'm sure, who have been to Arillas many times, who are unaware of the naturist section. So, worry not.

Angie

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
I agree with holliepos, there is nothing to worry about.

But, some of the older people who visit the naturist beach can get lost.

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2008, 10:15:34 PM »
That`s the top n bottom of it then. Just go and enjoy.
Lindypops.

Offline greg

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2008, 09:06:21 PM »
I have spent my last 2 holidays on naturist beaches and they have been the best i have had. No swim shorts to dry out every night and everyone in the same fashions.
 I would say the freedom of no clothes is one of the best feelings you can have. It is certainly one of the things that sold Arillas to me as a first time visitor and i hope i wont be dissappointed.
  Swimming in the nude is great.

Offline TerryW

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2008, 10:54:09 PM »
I have to agree with what you have said greg, its a lovely relaxing experience.

Offline Lozicle

• Arillas Addict
  • That's me :)
    • http://www.myspace.com/lozicle
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 12:17:02 AM »
I have to say that at 25 I am one of the younger people that seem to visit the nudest beach. But this has never bothered me - always felt completely comfortable.

My 2 pence :)

Offline greg

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2008, 08:44:28 PM »
i think if everyone behaves in the proper manner there is no reason why naturists and textiles cant share the same beach. There seems to be a minority of small minded people that spoil things for one and all.

Offline dwg69

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2008, 12:25:02 PM »
I think it should be pointed out to those thinking of visiting Arillas for the first time, who may be worried about the presence of a naturist beach, it only takes place in a certain section of the beach.

It is some distance from the main beach and is only really visible with the aid of binoculars ( - available from Alex's Supermarket!)

Only joking (- about the binoculars , I mean).

Seriously 'though, there are people, I'm sure, who have been to Arillas many times, who are unaware of the naturist section. So, worry not.

Angie
I was also unaware about the naturist section, but I know now thank you. I will be vistting it this year if I can get my wife on it is another thing she is not a fan of naturist beach's although we just happened on one in November in Lanzrotte 2007, we had been on the beach about 1.1/2 hours when we found out she did not bat an eye lid !!!! my shorts were off but she keeped her things on well cant such is life

Derek

Poise is the art of raising the eyebrow instead of the roof

Marymary

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 02:29:45 PM »
I like the naturist part of the beach but I don't go " natural" but I respect those that do and I admire the way they are so relaxed.

Take Care

Mary

Booking.com