Author Topic: Naturism in Arillas  (Read 97064 times)

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Naturism in Arillas
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2008, 06:30:07 PM »
Did you read John's post Mary? Apparently I'm so relaxed I'm horizontal! It is true though. We are.

Jen and me have no inhibitions like that, we don't care unless it bothers others. We can do the textile thing but just prefer it as nature intended.

Looking forward to Dimitris grandma chasing us out of Brouklis with her broom though....

lol
Phil

Marymary

« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2008, 07:02:13 PM »
Phil
I havene't read John's post yet - I've got a funny picture in my head of Dimtris running down the street chasing a gang of "naturists '" down the street for some reason with the Benny Hill theme playing in the background. seriously though I admire the relaxed attitude of those who go as nature intended. I'd be frighted of the mozzies though cause it was only on my last holiday that I'd managed to escape without being bitten and having to visit the doctors every day for antibiotic injections like I did when I was here two years ago!!
Take Care
Mary

Offline vivian

• Vivian
  • ARILLIAC
  • Stay Nude it ant Rude
    • http://www.holmvalley.com
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2008, 12:51:18 PM »
The mozzie's don't seem to be that end maybe it's something to do with the cliff's. but sadly the sand fly's can sometimes be there in abundance. Viv

Stay Nude it ante rude

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2008, 01:52:54 PM »
I was bitten one year all around my ankles by sand flies or whatever they were... Nasty things and the scars lasted for weeks.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Marymary

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2008, 09:31:22 PM »
I've found the only thing that keeps mozzies and other nasites like  sandflies away is Mosquit-ex. It's slow release and long lasting so I put it on before leaving UK just before I head off to the airport and this time was the only time I didn't get bitten and I'd tried all sorts of products, and have been bitten very badly in the past I put it on every night and every morning. It will be coming with me this time for sure

Happy Hols and happy natural  peeps
XXX

Offline MJstukinuk

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2008, 07:32:43 PM »
Hi guy's,

DH and I have been visiting Arrillas regularly for several years and even though I do not 'let it all hang out'  ; ) 
I do not mind the naturist area of the beach.

DH feels strongly that, yes, its great that there is an area for people who like to 'bare all'   : )   
but if they have a special area, why do some of them feel the need to take a stroll, 'naked', down the beach to where non naturists are bathing.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2008, 08:32:51 PM »
I did my own survey once and went to the naturist area with a camera.

I asked 20 people if they minded me taking a picture of them in the nude.

18 people said they would prefer it if I kept my clothes on!
2 people said it didn't bother them as they had both left their specs in the appt.

(Obviously jesting here!)

On a more serious note I often wonder what percentage of regular forum members prefer the naturist end of the beach. I think the popularity is increasing.

Negg

riggers

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2008, 08:39:56 PM »
LOL Eggy.

Yes i think it seems to be pretty even judging by the posts.

riggers....

Marymary

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2008, 08:51:19 PM »
Hi all
I agree although I think it's fine for those who choose to bare all do so and it is a good part of the beach, and I accept it's their thing but I'm uncomfortable when they walk about baring all to the other end of the beach although I wouldn't ever say anything. But maybe they feel a little uncomfortable having "fully clothed" people like me being there.

Happy hols

Mary

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2008, 09:21:47 PM »
Have never really come across that type of behaviour. But that's probably because I am usually at the naturist end anyway...

It is well separated from the rest of the beach by the protruding rock and should present no problem for those on the rest (majority) of the beach.  But I once saw a family set up slap bang in the middle of it and then complain loudly all the while. That is just as bad as anyone who offends by parading around in the non-naturist part.

Any self respecting naturist would never parade about in a clearly "textile" area. We don't want to offend people. But there is always someone who abuses it and causes people offence. You just can't win....

Phil

and lol Eggy - cameras are definitely a no-no unless very carefully dealt with (eg with a partner and nobody else in the shot...)

Sounds lke a forum survey would answer your question. My guess is 70:30 in favour of the textile part.

Offline justjen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2008, 09:30:03 PM »
2 people said it didn't bother them as they had both left their specs in the appt.

HaHa! Eggy - makes very little diference to me which end of the beach I'm on 'cause once my specs are off I can't even see Phil next to me!

lol! Jen

Offline Paul D

• Forum Fanatic
  • Welsh Arilliac
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 11:39:43 PM »
We stumbled onto the naturist beach on our first visit. Heather said i will if you will- so basically we dared each other. Having never bared all until that time,it was a bit nerve racking. What would people make of our `not so toned` bodies? Once we took the plunge there was no going back-brilliant. The old adage `don`t knock it `til you`ve tried it` was never more true. As for people walking away to the `textile` bit of the beach,I think that`s a bit out of order. People on the nude section were all great to talk to and couldn`t care less what you looked like. So give it a try if you`ve not been brave enough.
Arillas - `perfect antidote to life`s stresses and strains`!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2008, 12:04:01 AM »
You've captured it Paul. Nobody cares what you look like. It is a great leveller - you don't even think about it any more. Have never met a "toned" naturist - we aren't catwalk models after all.

Sadly there will always be those who see it for what it is not. We just ignore them (if we can) and enjoy the liberated swim in the sea.

But it isn't compulsory and the naturist end should remain as out of sight as it is. Like was posted earlier - families need not worry that Arillas is all about the nude beach - it is not. Many have never even ventured that far north.

Dimitris - get Granny's walking stick out and send her on the trail of these people who are upsetting our forum members....

lol
Phil

Offline DronnyDave

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2008, 02:35:16 PM »
Totally agree with the comments from Paul.

Up until three years ago we would never have dreamed about going on to a beach and taking everything off. The wife had never even been topless. We then went on holiday to Skiathos, visited Banana beach and tried it for the first time.
We were both very unsure at first, but now we are regulars. As Sandra, my missus, says "There is nothing worse than sitting in a cold and wet cossie". And I can assure you that once you haver tried it for the first time and taken that big step, then you will definitely not go back. I have never met anyone that has said they tried it once, but never again.

So we will definitely be at that end of the beach.

regards

Dave & Sandra

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2008, 03:28:35 PM »
I knew someone who was concerned when she was walking on the beach with her young daugher as they came "face to face" with a guy who was strolling along out of the "nudie zone" towards them.  She was more concerned about her daughter than anything else and would rather he had stayed on the nudie part or at least covered up before wandering further up.  She just turned her daughter around and walked the other way. 

If you go to the nudist beach then you shouldnt expect anything else but I think "Any self respecting naturist would never parade about in a clearly "textile" area. We don't want to offend people. But there is always someone who abuses it and causes people offence. ...  was well said  by Just phil (had to put it in red as I cant get to grips with the Quote thing).

As for me its bad enough for me to have to get into a swimsuit let alone baring all!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com