Author Topic: Excursions/things to see and do  (Read 4375 times)

Offline Charem

Excursions/things to see and do
« on: March 07, 2008, 09:02:29 PM »
I am thinking of booking a holiday to arillas in August.  I have 2 teenage children who do like to just "chill"  but also like the odd day out - sightseeing, shopping etc.  Can anyone tell me what might be available.

Thanks

Offline justphil

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
Re: Excursions/things to see and do
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 10:40:17 PM »
Just a couple of ideas. many more possibilities than these, of course.

We took a bus from San Stefanos to Corfu town with a young chap who came as part of our party - we stayed at Alecos Sgouros apartments (at the top of the hill past Annas Studios but before Christos) and could quite easily walk down into San Stef. Could always invest 5 or 6 euros in a cab to San Stef to avoid he walk. There are some fascinating sights, shops etc and we took a horse drawn ride around the town. Had a wonderful lunch of gigantic prawns and a really good day.

When we go in July we're going to take a boat to Paleokastritsa. Our forum friends put us wise to how this works - see the thread on the subject. I've heard it said that Paleo is the most beautiful part of Corfu - though that's obviously just an opinion. We are going this year to find out.

To be honest though, that is probably the only trip we'll take in 2 weeks - we just prefer to stay in Arillas.

You'll have a fantastic holiday there.
best wishes
Phil

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: Excursions/things to see and do
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 10:45:28 PM »
There are several travel offices in the village all offering a variety of trips (book with them - it's cheaper than the reps).....shopping in Corfu, boat trips, Aqualand, Greek nights, Albania, Paxos, beach BBQs to name but a few....
Sandy x

Booking.com