Welcome to Arillas > Talking about the weather

corfu in the winter

(1/4) > >>

ANN:
I know that Arillas is 'closed' for the winter but the beach, countryside, footpaths and winter sunshine are still there. Has anyone taken a winter holiday on Corfu?  It must be possible to book a weeks holiday somewhere on the island for a break in Jan/Feb. I could not stand another January holiday dodging time share sharks in the Canaries!!

Lisa and Steve:
I agree with you.The Canaries may have the lovely weather in the winter but along with it come loads of people and LOADS of noise.

Eileen:
Ann,

I've not been to Corfu in the winter, but intend to do so next year.  I suppose the downside at the moment is the lack of direct flights out of season, but there are more operators than ever before operating flights to Athens now and it's not too difficult to get a connecting domestic flight.

I've often wondered if there is anything open in Arillas in the winter.

Can anyone tell me if the baker, a mini-market or even a taverna is open?

Eileenx

BBB:
Brouklis and Mon Amour are open weekends only. The bakery near the Gallini Apartments is open up to 2pm. I'm sure someone can confirm this.

Where do the locals shop in winter?

Mick and Jill:
Hi, I know Perry was saying he was hoping to keep the Coconut Bar open for the second year, they normally close up in December but have been given a government grant to help them stay open.  Was asking our friends at Portofino where they shop etc in the winter and there still seems to be supermarkets open in Sidari.  Apart from that it's Corfu town.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version