Author Topic: Sat.15th March  (Read 6226 times)

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
Sat.15th March
« on: March 15, 2008, 05:01:59 PM »
On the wemcam I am sure I saw a digger thing with its bucket moving backwards and forwards on the righthand side.  I wondered what was going on there.  Is there some building works there Eggy?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
Re: Sat.15th March
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 07:19:33 PM »
BG - Sue
I never got to Arillas today but, if I took a stab at it, I would say they may be having a refurb on the beach, maybe re-piling the stones at the back of the beach. Or it may have been just turning round after working at Hotel Akti.
Or maybe they have just starting excavating the pool for Hotel Marina!

You've got me curious now so I will just have to go there tomorrow for a nose.

I never got to Arillas yesterday either due to a lunchtime meeting at Night Owl where we all sat, around an outside table, and put the world to rights.
Or was it a long lunchtime binge? - Not sure - Fun anyway and back there tonight.
Must do a review of Night Owl - Basic but good ( My opinion only )

Cheers
Negg

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 06:11:46 PM »
Neggy, where is Night Owl?

Offline Eggy

• On the Spot reporter
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2008, 07:15:49 PM »
Hi Jo
Night Owl is in Afionas. I hope to do a review of this one soon. But, if Lindypops reads this, she may beat me to it.!
Cheers
Negg

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »
Gotcha. It`s a good place to go Jo. Spent several hours there, and if it`s too hot, just to sit under the trees there---------------. A lovely couple there, Linda & Nikos. Very relaxed, nice food, good company, and some very nice scenery around. It`s a lovely few hours spent there, isn`t it Eggy? Wish I was there now. It`s so relaxing.
Lindypops.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 12:37:12 PM »
Sounds very tempting.  Will have to have a look in July

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 03:24:31 PM »
I`m sure you`ll enjoy it.
Lindypops.

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 03:35:11 PM »
Found Night Owl last september one afternoon, and it is very relaxing, we only had a drink because Nikos wasnt there Linda didnt have anything hot to offer.  Very pleasant sat outside with an ice cold frappe.  would love to try the food, come on Eggy with that review!

Sharon xx

Offline Lindypops

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 11:34:51 PM »
sharon, you will have a lovely, relaxing time. We`ve been several times, and always enjoyed. The last time we were there, octopus was on offer. And very nice my sample was too. Linda emailed a picture of work being done, and it all looks fine. Pm if you want further info.
Lindypops.

Offline Hels Bels

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2008, 09:56:21 AM »
We found Night Owl on October on our walk up to Afionas, and what a lovely refreshing break we had there. As we'd already had a big breakfast we didn't want much, but couldn't resist a small pork souvlakia, at only 1.50 euros, this was a perfect little snackette washed down with and amstel or two!

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2008, 01:41:46 PM »
Now that sounds like a good idea Hels Bells.  We have past it walking to Afionas but always thought it was closed.  I suppose you dont know unless you go and ask. Next time I will go and have a look, souvlaki and a beer sounds just about right for a snack.
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Booking.com