Author Topic: Arillas Daydreams  (Read 24914 times)

Offline Jo Wissett

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
Arillas Daydreams
« on: March 18, 2008, 05:55:31 PM »
Just wondered what everyone else's first thought is when they let their mind wander to Arillas? I am always transported to the swinging chair at the Marinaki, with a chilled glass of wine looking out to sea!  That to me is my ultimate relaxation, just taking in the surrounding beauty and people watching whilst the kids enjoy the last of the warm sun in the pool..

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
Re: Arillas Daydreams
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 05:58:02 PM »
Closely followed by my first 'del-boy' Pina Colada in the Coconut! :-)

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 06:18:17 PM »
That's a nice time of day isn't it Jo.  The kids letting rip of any excess energy while you recoup yours!

I like any time of day in Arillas, but at 'your' time I like to be in Ammos or in Georges (o.k the creperie!) drinking a glass of wine, just chilling out and maybe discussing where we are going to eat that night.  I just think it makes the day last longer instead of going back to the apartment or whatever to shake the sand out of the towels...and having a snooze...

But thinking about it perhaps my favouritist(!) time is getting up early in the morning, depending on the night before of course...and having a walk around Arillas when it's just beginning to waken up.  You can't beat it!!!

Eileenxxx

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 06:24:36 PM »
My favourite time in Arillas is all the time that I spend there. Beautiful mornings, leisurly lunches, relaxing afternoons, divine dinners and lashings of drinks in the Coconut :)
Life is good ;)

Offline Mango

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »
I too love all time at Arillas, but I have to be honest I do like going out to lunch in the evenings.  The sun setting, the sea calm, the smell of Greek food, the music, the enterainment, a glass of wine, a Methos, an Ouzo ...................

Amanda

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2008, 06:51:54 PM »
Coming up from a long day on the beach and just sitting on one of the benches along the sea front quietly watching the sun go down...in the full knowledge that it will be back again tomorrow......
Sandy x

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2008, 07:00:03 PM »
What I love about Arillas as that there is no set time for eating out and the dess code is anything goes. (well, within reason)! Its lovely not being restricted by times for a full two weeks.

Offline Lou

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2008, 07:09:01 PM »
Hi I love it at about 4ish when we head down to the pool, the kids and hubby have a swim and I can also like Jo just sit and chill.
everything looks better through the eyes of your children

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2008, 07:14:36 PM »
My favourite times are first thing in the morning when everyone is just waking up, about 4-5 ish going for a swim in the sea, after a shower sitting on the balcony with a large glass of wine reading a few more pages of my book, sitting on the beach watching the sun go down and anticipating a delicious meal in one of the restaurants.  These are a few of my favourite things!
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline Peckedhen

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2008, 09:53:28 PM »
Early morning before Arillas has woken, sitting on the balcony, with a coffee, at the Hotel Marina, watching the umbrellas and sunbeds being put up.

Hmmm....or, is it in the evening, sitting on the balcony, with a glass of wine, watching the sun go down........

It's hard to choose - I love every minute there and am counting the days till June. :)

Offline Bet

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 10:34:53 PM »
After breakfast on the balcony we tend to head for a walk round the "loop" collect the fresh buns for lunch from the bakery followed by coffee and toast in the Marina and a chat to George Then finally we head to the beach for the afternoon soaking up the sun cooling off with a swim in that perfect sea which can change every day, calm to really foaming and strong.
G&T on the balcony late afternoon, followed by a special meal in the Gratziella rounds off perfect days
Just 10 weeks to go!

Offline Ruth Potts

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 10:43:29 PM »
First thoughts have to be the sunsets, but also mind wanders to sitting on the balcony in the early evening with an ouzo or a mythos and a good book.
My thought also go to the wonderful friends I have in Arillas and look forward to meeting annually. That's what makes Arillas.

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:48 PM »
I'll see you there then Ruth.....lol
Sandy x

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 11:03:55 PM »
i love going to the bakery at about 6.30am then down to the beach and sit on the bench and eat my chocolate coissant,the best time of the day in arillas for me,watching the sun coming over the hills of afionas.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2008, 12:08:43 AM »
My daydream is that we can get over the current arguments over senses of humour etc, and get back to threads like this. To see Marika's photography, and reminisce over past times and dream of future times in our favourite place. The people, the food, the sunsets, the beach, the wonderful spirit of togetherness and tolerance that seems to walk the streets with everybody there.

And then a serious daydream - sitting in any of the tavernas or bars making conversation with local people and others of like mind. that's my daydream....

Phil

Booking.com