Author Topic: How I found Arillas!  (Read 272151 times)

Offline Sandy x

• Sandy
  • Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
  • Kouklospito
Re: How I found Arillas!
« Reply #105 on: July 21, 2008, 01:18:24 AM »
Another piece of magic......
Sandy x

Offline MicK-G

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #106 on: July 21, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
My brother in-law and I found Arillas by accident, we were staying with our families is San Stephanos and one day we decided to explore the hill as we could see a cross at the top of it. We walk up the hill and found the little chapel. we then walked a little further and looked down on Arillas from the hill. It looked beautiful so when we returned we asked what the name of it was. on return we looked in the brochures for it. At first we were in two minds about going there as the first thing we noticed was the nudist part of the beach and were worried the whole town was nude! Fair play if someoe else wants to do that but I didn't want to get my wobbly bits out. Anyway we've sort of fell in love with the place and I can't wait to visit again.

Offline Elliott

• Elliott Langmead Photography
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2008, 12:39:25 PM »
It was all my mum's fault. Her and my dad had been to Arillas before and when they asked if my girlfriend and I would like to go with them for 10 days in June we jumped at the chance (it had been 2 years since I had last been abroad so I needed the break, and Lara had never been on a 'proper' foreign holiday).
It was difficult to wait the 7 months or so from the date of booking to the holiday itself, but it was well worth it.
Arillas will also always be a special place for Lara and I, as its where I decided to pop, the question. Luckily she said yes. :)

Offline bmw1106

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #108 on: July 26, 2008, 03:58:27 PM »
Congratulations to you both. Have the wedding in Arillas will be heaven, reception at Brouklis. Now there something to think about. I hope you have a really happy life together. XX JILL

Offline mike kelly

« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2008, 07:29:10 PM »
It was 2003 and as usual my wife Joy was on teletext booking our holiday.Small and friendly was the advert , so we booked and the rest is, as they say ,history.This will be our 8th visit in sept and so many people ask us why we keep going back.As all you Arillas Veterens out there know, it just seems to get better with each visit. Roll on the 8th sept.

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2008, 07:51:24 PM »
So true mike

As all you Arillas Veterens out there know, it just seems to get better with each visit.

And we are lucky enough to be back for all of September. Hope to see you - just say hello...

Phil

Offline buzz17

« Reply #111 on: July 30, 2008, 11:38:23 AM »
Just got back 2 days ago (pants), and would recomend Arillas to anyone.  We went with family who recomended it to us (there 3rd time).  We stayed at Leonidas, but next time will stay at tria adellphia as the atmosphere there is fantastic.  Helen and Phill the owners are great.  Phills dad's spit roast lamb meals are cracking.
Had some fantastic meals and managed about 50 sunset photo's as it's extremely pretty, and loved that the Sidari scene has not crept around the coast!!!!
All the residents of Arilas are extremely proud and rightly so!
Have always claimed that there are too many places in the world to see, to go somewhere twice.  Well i've just changed my tune.  Will certainly return
GREAT!!!!

Offline Corfusoon

• Helios Court Villa
  • Arillas Addict
  • Helios Court Arillas Corfu
    • Luxury Villa in Arillas
« Reply #112 on: July 30, 2008, 03:26:08 PM »
Glad to see we have another Arillas fan!!!!!!!!!

regards Mandy
Style, Luxury, Tranquillity
Helios Court Villa, Arillas, Corfu.
http://www.corfuvilla.holiday

Offline ianh

« Reply #113 on: August 18, 2008, 04:06:55 PM »
we found arrilas in 1984. a very good friend of ours had just died and her daughter said her dad needed a holiday ,so me and steve daughters husband went of to the travel agents,we were there for more than two hours tryingto book a holiday for the dates that we could go on,last place to come up was a villa in arrilas,so we booked it.we live in somerset and had to drive to gatwick what a journey baking hot traffic jams and a puncture unload five lots of luggage change wheel repack car. got to airport checked in only to be told we had a two hour delay on the flight . we arrived at corfu aiport to be confronted by armed guards,and a horrible smell,found the rep and she directed us to a coach it was the oldest and most beat up in the park.the journey to arillas was a nightmare as the driver must have thought he was in a race car.poor old don was complianing all the way.we stayed for our holiday and all had a great time.since then don has died and jo and steve have divorced,but my wife mary and myself keep coming back to arrilas,we have tried spain portugal and this year kos but allways wished we were in arillas so we will be back next year for sure

Offline BBB

« Reply #114 on: August 18, 2008, 06:17:14 PM »
Welcome to the site Ianh.
I and I'm sure other members would love to hear more about your holiday in 1984. Where did you stay and what can you remember about Arillas then. Did you take any photos?

Look forward to reading your posts.

Regards BBB

Offline amy0611

« Reply #115 on: August 26, 2008, 11:18:32 PM »
We found Arillas as our accommodation in Sidari had been overbooked.  We only found out three days before we were due to fly out so I was really annoyed to say the least... BUT I'm so glad it happened. The Akti was fantastic and the resort had everything we needed for a relaxing and well deserved holiday (being the original headless chickens in our ordinary everyday life!).  We certainly hope to become regulars...

Offline Erja

• Beer Quality controler
  • ARILLIAC
  • Royal Ionian Gold...amber nectar, only better ;)
« Reply #116 on: August 27, 2008, 07:59:35 AM »
Welcome to the forum amy0611 :)

Happy accident then ending up in Arillas? It is so good to hear that you had relaxing time.
Life is good ;)

Offline amy0611

« Reply #117 on: August 28, 2008, 07:26:10 PM »
Very happy accident!  Am now just waiting for some money back from Thomas Cook as the other holiday we had booked was more expensive and, wait for it, COMPENSATION (lol) for the late change - will put it towards my next Arillas holiday!  Brilliant!

Offline PaulnMaria

« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2008, 10:39:01 PM »
What a result Amy !! Holiday moved from Blackpool to Heaven and compensation due aswell. As we say up North..........Jackpot :) :)

Offline markydil

« Reply #119 on: September 01, 2008, 10:37:21 PM »
We found Arillas in the mid eighties after looking for a quiet relaxed spot and ended up staying at Marina Apartment 1 - the one opposite the Hotel where the new pool has been built....think it was a Thomson place at the time?
From that day we have always felt a big attachment to Arillas. The 1st visit was with the oldest of our 5 kids  (Kerry is now 29 - Gavin 27)...been back many times but a few more wouldnt hurt.
Our youngest Alina who's now 4 had her first stay at Nikos when she was just over 3 months old. The other two, Travis 11 and Ellice 13 are also addicts. To leave the laptop at home with the "out of office" on and the company mobile in the car boot at Gatwick is the start of heaven. Arrive in Arillas and its life how it should be.

ARILLAS  - PLEASE DONT CHANGE

Booking.com