Author Topic: How I found Arillas!  (Read 270398 times)

Offline Diane x

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
Re: How I found Arillas!
« Reply #120 on: September 02, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »
We found Arillas in 2005 when we went to San Stef. We went through there as we arrived to drop some people at some accomadation, that Thomson place at the end of the beach can't remember the name.

We didn't pay much attention then as we were tired after travelling and just wanted to get to our accomadation. Different story on the way back, we were the first to be picked up from San Stef. So all of you that think you are hard done by being the last drop in Arillas think about them in San Stef.

Anyway we were just so impressed how quiet it was but there was something about the atmosphere of the place, it seemed to be buzzing ! The people that got picked up there had some right stories to tell, seemed like they had  a really good time.

So as soon as we started to think about a hoiday the following year Arillas was the only place we had in mind, our daugter Hannah came with us and she was sixteen then but thoroughly enjoyed it, she felt safe when we left her to go walking or places she didn't want to go. She was quite happy reading around the pool and loved it at the Rainbow.

Wish we had booked again this year !

Offline Mark and Jo

« Reply #121 on: September 04, 2008, 03:06:28 PM »
Hi All
DIscovered Arillas as a last minute deal for this year. Going 15th Sept for 2 weeks, staying at Christos. We have been to Parga every year at least once for last 10 years but 16 month old means we need somewhere more suitable with 17 month old and another on the way. We got married in Parga in 2005 and will miss it this year but Arillas sounds good from what you are all telling me.
Only 6 working days to go - cant wait
We are struggling to get Olympic to oragnise a cot so I hope we can sort something out when we get there

Offline georgia

• Super Member {over 100 posts}
« Reply #122 on: September 14, 2008, 01:19:40 AM »
Hello everyone.
We discovered Arillas in 2003, 3 visits in total. My husband bless him just didn't do abroad.. so sunshine holidays were always myself and a pal..in 2003 I put my foot down ans booked with Small and friendly to Arillas.
We arrived at Bardis Sun Hotel at 2am. pitch black after long transfer and very tired.
I awoke at 8am to look over at twin bed..empty, himself was sat out on balcony, just enjoying the totally gorgeous view over the island listening to hens clucking and cockerels crowing..[and as he told me later just itching for me to wake up and enjoy it too!!] We live in Norfolk and keep chickens so this was a sound of home with bonus of sea view and glorious sunshine!!
We have had the best holidays ever in Arillas, very relaxed routine, morning walk around the village, viewing veggies and flowers in gardens, looking for terrapins under the bridge, orange juice and Telegraph crossword for him Daily Mail for me at Graziella... I lied sometimes it is coffee and brandy...how illicit does that feel at 11am...or is that just my Catholic guilt complex??!!
We are visiting again on Sept 19th, after 3 year absence, my husband has been fighting cancer, now in remissionand things looking much better and so looking forward to being in the place that we love so much. I log onto this website every night, wow it is amazing! Thank u Dimitris for setting it up. It is great to know there are so many like minded Arillas addicts out there. x

Offline Lindypops

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #123 on: September 14, 2008, 01:59:45 AM »
Hi geogia. That was a lovely post. I am glad that your husband is in remission, and hope you both have a great holiday. Dimitris has done a good job, and so many of us enjoy this site. Maybe see you in Arillas. Bfn.xx
Lindypops.

Offline bobandjoyce

• Golden Medal {over 60 posts}
    • http://www.essential-opportunity.co.uk
« Reply #124 on: September 17, 2008, 05:38:05 PM »
We found Arillas by chance.  After many years of holidaying in Greece we had seen our old favourite places turn into 18-30's until we stumbled on an XL holiday to the Horizon where we spent the most relaxing 2 weeks ever, it was pure bliss.  After a prolonged recover from an op we felt  I could face the airports and flights again so we have booked up for May 2009 - fortunately we were not able to get the holiday we wanted through XL this time around.
It has been 3 long years waiting to go back and we are counting down the days.  Thankfully this forum has given us the "fix" we need, just to log in and drool over the photos, day dream for a while and now patiently wait for May to come around!

Offline elainehaines

« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »
We went to Kassiopi first then Arillas this year, we loved it so much as soon as we got home we booked again for June next year for 2 weeks. We have also booked 2 weeks in Zante in September
Elaine

Offline blondegirl

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2008, 05:25:16 PM »
Where did you stay this year Elaine?
If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.

Offline garythebike

• Silver Medal {over 40 posts}
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2009, 06:07:58 PM »
I discovered Arillas completely by accident. About 8-9 years ago my partner and i booked a [very expensive] fortnights holiday in Crete at the begining of their season, when we arrived we found there was no water in the pool and building work was still going on. We complained, and were moved to another hotel. When we got back to England i wrote to the travel company and recieved 2 weeks free accomodation only in the Alexander appts in Arillas as compensation. I took my 2 children and had the most wonderful time, feeling safe enough to let my children [now adults] play at being grown ups.
                         The following year we moved to Tenerife, where we stayed for 5 years, having just returned last year. Booking our first holiday with our new son, i immediately thought of Arillas, and last june i took my partner and new son for the first time. We return this june for what will be the second of many more visits.
                                Enough said !!!!!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2009, 06:34:33 PM »
Hi Gary. Jen and me discovered Arillas by accident, but what a lucky one. It changed our lives. Enjoy.
Phil

Offline kevin.g

• ARILLIAC
  • Kevin and julie
« Reply #129 on: January 17, 2009, 09:51:06 PM »
well done gary...
our first time in arillas was in the alexandra apts 11 years ago.. on a last minute deal........yammas

Offline steve p

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #130 on: March 15, 2009, 02:07:28 PM »
we found arillas about twelve years ago and what a beautiful place it is. After many years of travelling to Malta we needed a change. we booked at the kaloudis and have been back 14 times since then.we love it there and will be back at whitsun.

Offline maddy

How I found Arillas
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2009, 05:57:05 PM »
We needed a place for our four children/teenagers really plus ourselves. 10 Kaloudis appartmts. We were welcomed by Billy (Vasilios), Helena,Christiana and George and the lovely Rula and Christos.  Been on Billy's boat,did the sight seeing etc. etc.  Been to Albania and done the horse riding.  Brilliant!.
I also got eaten by mosquitos and was wrapped up in bandages for a week covered in iodine.  Brilliant doctor who shook his head when he saw the bites.(Don't wrap yourself in a damp sheet to keep cool). Two of our children had their 20th and 16th birthday out there.  Fresh flowers were delivered from the garden by Rula un beknown to us.  What a fantastic place.  Sunsets, glorious food, nudist beach,try it! Friendly people and always smiling.  I love it. See you there.

Offline Paul

« Reply #132 on: April 24, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »
We visited Sidari about 10 years ago, yes I realised it was a mistake when we got there. Got friendly with one of the head waiters in a restaurant, who lived in Arillas, who told us what a wonderful place it was and a complete contrast to Sidari.
Hired a car and visited, and he was right, been three times since and going again this June, cant wait.

Offline holliepos

• Bronze medal {over 20 posts}
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2009, 06:15:15 PM »
My Mum and Dad took first took me when I was 9 months old. Mum says I also went before that when I was   -2 months (she was 7 months pregnant) but I dont think that counts really. I cant remember the first time but I have been every year since then and I LOVE ARILLAS!!!!! I am 13 now and going again in July, CANT WAIT :D :D

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #134 on: May 07, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »
What wonderful posts have been written on this subject! Definitely, a book could be produced from all the comments!

We have two very good friends,Joan and John, and we were having dinner with them one night at their house and I just happened to ask them - of all the places they'd been on holiday, what was their favourite?    Arillas was the reply.  So we looked online at Thomson, found Kaloudis, and booked for May/June 2007. We always wanted to come back, and we are - TOMORROW!  Flying from Leeds Bradford, but also managed to get a good deal from Manchester for Joan and John!    A fitting tribute to their recommendation!

Booking.com