Author Topic: How I found Arillas!  (Read 270245 times)

Offline ger

• Forum Fanatic
Re: How I found Arillas!
« Reply #180 on: January 31, 2010, 12:50:37 PM »
just read through this again, how it cheers me up, i have been off work for 10 weeks after having an operation on my foot, this forum has kept me from going insane!! we have just booked up to go in june again, so something to look forward too, and hopefully i will be walking well enough to do the usual circit of the village,  the stroll along to graziellas, the walk to the beach....
you get the picture guys?!!
ger x
p.s back to work next week, part time to start with, start saving the pennies (although as i couldnt get out to the jaunary sales i am quids in ha ha

Offline justlynn

• Arillas regular visitor
  • ARILLIAC
« Reply #181 on: January 31, 2010, 02:11:28 PM »
Hi Ger, great to read that you are recovering from that foot op and will soon be back to work. 

And well done in booking Arillas for June.  What are your exact dates?  We may see you there..... 

lynn xx

Offline Sarah OFlaherty

« Reply #182 on: January 31, 2010, 04:50:13 PM »
Hi All

We found Arillas 8 years ago when our daughter Eleanor was just 4 years old. We were looking for a quiet friendly holiday with just the right number of tavernas and bars and a perfect sandy beach. We returned last year with another addition to our family - Joe, uncertain of how time would have changed Arillas and to our joy it was pretty much the same. We have booked again to come in June, just for a week this time and can hardly wait. This site is great for keeping the holiday mood going, I can almost smell the sea and the delicious spit roasted lamb.

So glad we found Arillas and this site - sunshine on a rainy day

Best wishes

Sarah xxx

Offline Eileen

• ARILLIAC
  • Linakis lemons!
    • http://www.villalinakis.com
« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2010, 05:40:44 PM »
Hello Sarah,

We too are so glad you found Arillas and the forum :-)

Enjoy your Arillas memories - and look forward to those you have still to make.

Eileen.

Offline Sara

• Forum Fanatic
    • www.villatheia-corfu.com
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2010, 05:41:59 PM »
Welcome to the forum Sarah. You're right, this certainly is a great site which keeps us sane through the long winter months & as you say keeps the holiday mood going.

We discovered Arillas 10 years ago & I'm pleased that it has'nt changed too much. Like yourselves we kept returning. We've holidayed in several other places in Europe, including other places in Greece, but nowhere else came close to Arillas.

Where are you staying in June?

Sara

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2010, 07:39:48 PM »
And welcome from the Forum Anorak Sarah. Dimitris coined that title one night when we were eating at Brouklis. But Eileen trumped him with the Arillas Hippies title. She is so right! We have been known as that ever since....

Arillas will never change much. Most of its tourist business is made up of people like you who find it and keep going back. And we are guilty as charged....

Just being nosey, but with O'Flaherty as your surname, you must have as many Irish connections as me. Would love to know more. We have Dorothy from the north - met her outside the Coconut early morning one day (1 pm!) and held up the traffic for ages just nattering.

Keep in touch with us all. You would be amazed how many true friends we have made just being on this forum

Phil

« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2010, 10:44:10 PM »
We found Arillas in 2001, fortunately, after years of camping holidays in uk with a brood of kids and their friends.
The choice at the traval agents was Ibiza in a high rise apt or chancing our luck in Corfu.
I'd been to Corfu about 15 years earlier, staying at Akaravi and enjoyed it very much.
Now with Steve, who'd never been to Greece in his life and hardly ever had time away from his business, I booked the flights for 7 of us and 2 weeks accommodation through a website "Bridge to Corfu" staying at Ina's apartments. just off the beach. I couldnt wait. Flying from Manchester that day, the minibus was on time, everything going to plan, then the plane was delayed 9 hours!! OMG! everyone was going up the wall.
Finally got the bags together at Corfu and went to find the "Taxi"! What "Taxi"? Noone there! OMG! Don't these people check arrivals? It's 2001, the new millenium!
Internet etc, etc!
I could sense another divorce looming! Hee Hee!
Found 2 taxis and bundled them all in and set off on the final leg arriving at 5.30am.
The cars came slowly through the village past Coconut and there, right ahead.......was the most fabulous sight I can remember.
It took 4 days for Himself to relax(after i threatened to catch the next plane home),a brisk Mid day march over to San Stef( with no hat, shades or water) from then on weve never been anywhere else and cant wait for the day we say tara to UK.

Offline Jo Wissett

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #187 on: February 01, 2010, 01:30:18 PM »
Hi C donald! What a great upbeat tale! It sounds just like I felt when I came to that crossroad and saw the sea! Bliss!

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2010, 01:39:25 PM »
Hi C Donald,

Know exactly what you mean, the first time we arrived, we stayed at Tria Adelphia, and walked down the road to the village, when we came down that road and stood there at the end with that view, we were speechless, I said I am never going anywhere else!  (and we havent!). 

Sharon x

Offline VIC358

• Vicki
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2010, 02:30:14 PM »
Hi All,
This is definately what keeps us all going throughout the year. We have to wait until August bank holiday week, but it will be well worth.
We loved Arillas so much when we went for the first time last August, that we booked up as soon as we got back. We are taking our friends this year, as we are convinced they will feel the same way.

Vicki :-)

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2010, 07:37:40 PM »
Hi Vic358 - you've got the Arillas bug! Once bitten, always return (or something like that, lol!)
The forum will keep you going until August (and beyond)!
Janis x

Offline suzieQ

« Reply #191 on: February 20, 2010, 04:45:53 PM »
I found this site last year and on the strength of everyone's comments we booked a villa, only to learn that the builders hadn't quite finished it a few weeks before we were to arrive!

We ended up in Paxos instead, which was lovely, but hoping finally to spend a week in Arillas in September (at Villa Linakis, which looks and sounds beautiful) - should know in a couple of days if we can get the time off work - fingers crossed!

Offline justphil

• ARILLIAC
  • Arillas is in my soul
« Reply #192 on: February 20, 2010, 05:26:57 PM »
They're crossed suzieQ. Villa Linakis is fabulous, nearly as fabulous as its owners. It always gets rave reviews on here. And the villa and its visitors get looked after by other fabulous people.

You will have a wonderful time if you get the time off....

Phil

Offline Janis

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #193 on: February 21, 2010, 01:17:03 AM »
Oh yes, SuzieQ - Villa Linakis looks absolutely wonderful, we hope to go there some day, but are booked twice to Arillas already this year. 
Janis x

Offline sharonF

• ARILLIAC
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
HI Suzie,

Am so jealous your staying at Villa Linakis, you will not be disappointed, its a beautiful villa in a gorgeous area.  Hope you get the time off work!

Sharon x

Booking.com